The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject:

Steve who?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I'll take him for 10 minutes a game. We dont need him to be the primary ball handler we need him to drill 3s.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject:

He's been posting various pics of himself playing soccer where he looks great. His current Instagram is him in some game and he looks fantastic and super happy like a kid on Christmas Day.

Obviously the sports are different and the schedule is a factor but?????????

???????!?!
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Fork meets man.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Watch out for Nash, if he is healthy he is going to win some of the haters back!
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Watch out for Nash, if he is healthy he is going to win some of the haters back!

Sounds a lot like Bynum.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
nashftw wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Can't think of a laker I've ever liked less than steve Nash.

Laker fans complained about "overpaying" Pau. Laker fans P&M about Kobe's extension. But the selfish Canadian went out and played 15 games, so we couldn't medically retire him. Then says he did it for the money.

How come steve Nash constantly gets a pass.

He would've still been paid for the season if we medically retired him. Plus it would've given us much needed cap flexibility this offseason. Could've offered lebron and melo 4.5 mill more a piece. Could've had the same roster as now + lance stephenson or Isaiah Thomas. Not to mention the draft picks we lost for Nash.

I can think of 9 million places the lakers could spend Nash's money more effectively. I'm convinced he is a covert operative sent from Phoenix to destroy our roster from within. Jk. But he really has hurt us.
From Nash's history, even if he was hurting, he would still play and grit it out. From all perspectives, last year was a disaster for the entire team and that included Nash. Misfortune happens a lot in the NBA especially when you subject your body to that kind of wear and tear.

Maybe this year, if he's healthy enough, he gets to show even just 75% of the MVP form and really help the team instead of hurting it. There are just too many positives in his past that they shouldn't be dismissed by just one negative season. I say give him a chance this year and see how he helps the team in many ways.
Melo was not going give up $30M+

Lebron was not going to choose LA over Cleveland

Stephenson is a headache that outweighs the talent he brings

Why would we want 5'9" shoot-first PG - as talented.as he is

When things are chaotic and ever-changing, often this is when the greatest amount of injuries occur. Hopefully the roles will be more defined that will limit mishaps

So there is nobody you would rather spend Nash's 9 million on? If that's the case, I think you are in the minority. At least all the names I brought up (and you shot down) played more than 15 games last year.

Sometimes the best ability is availability
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Ideally I'd want him as the second string PG for about 15 min a game until Clarkson is ready. He was miles ahead of Kendall Marshall last year in running the team in the limited time he got.

However, I don't think his back can survive one of Byron Scott's training camps.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

May just be me, but things are too quiet on the Nash front. I'm hoping he is feeling well enough to take that 7-8 minutes per half for 60 games this year. He would transform the second unit with his passing and creating skills.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
May just be me, but things are too quiet on the Nash front. I'm hoping he is feeling well enough to take that 7-8 minutes per half for 60 games this year. He would transform the second unit with his passing and creating skills.

Saw a picture of him playing in a soccer game today with a spiked shin. Not that quiet I suppose!
slestack11
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Nash's best value at this point is serving as a mentor for Jeremy Lin and Jordan Clarkson.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash

LakerLanny wrote:
I know his Laker tenure has been brutal so far, but the fact is when he has played...he is still an effective player, it really is all about health with him.

If by some chance he can have a healthy season, he really is a forgotten man....am I dreaming that Nash could have a big season for us this year out of nowhere?

Thoughts?

Wish Nash nothing but the best, he can still be an effective PG, if his body can hold up. Make no mistake Nash can still be effective with the ball in his hands.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash

Voices wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
I know his Laker tenure has been brutal so far, but the fact is when he has played...he is still an effective player, it really is all about health with him.

If by some chance he can have a healthy season, he really is a forgotten man....am I dreaming that Nash could have a big season for us this year out of nowhere?

Thoughts?

Wish Nash nothing but the best, he can still be an effective PG, if his body can hold up. Make no mistake Nash can still be effective with the ball in his hands.

Great thing about when Nash is able to play is that it gives the other guys no excuse not to work hard. Lin and Clarkson are both miles ahead of Nash physically, but Nash is still amazing out there. Shows what intense and focused commitment can do.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash

24 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Thoughts?

I agree, he always forgets his man on defense

Whatever you wantnto say about Nash, he always busts tail, from setting screens to playing defense with what he has. And he doesn't forget anything.

You will never see me complaining about Nash and his heart and soul, Nash is like Fish he plays with passion and heart and soul. Nash has earned everything, nothing has been given to him. He is a great player.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash

Reflexx wrote:
Voices wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Thoughts?

Great thing about when Nash is able to play is that it gives the other guys no excuse not to work hard. Lin and Clarkson are both miles ahead of Nash physically, but Nash is still amazing out there. Shows what intense and focused commitment can do.

You are correct Nash is a great example of a great competitor, he will embarrassed you if you slack off.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Nash already said not to rely on him, I'm guessing this year is more where he can go out on his terms. I'd expect him to come off the bench and probably play around 10 minutes a game, no back to back games, and will most likely be a mentor to our younger PG's as well as keeping the moral of the team up.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
nashftw wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Can't think of a laker I've ever liked less than steve Nash.

Laker fans complained about "overpaying" Pau. Laker fans P&M about Kobe's extension. But the selfish Canadian went out and played 15 games, so we couldn't medically retire him. Then says he did it for the money.

How come steve Nash constantly gets a pass.

He would've still been paid for the season if we medically retired him. Plus it would've given us much needed cap flexibility this offseason. Could've offered lebron and melo 4.5 mill more a piece. Could've had the same roster as now + lance stephenson or Isaiah Thomas. Not to mention the draft picks we lost for Nash.

I can think of 9 million places the lakers could spend Nash's money more effectively. I'm convinced he is a covert operative sent from Phoenix to destroy our roster from within. Jk. But he really has hurt us.
From Nash's history, even if he was hurting, he would still play and grit it out. From all perspectives, last year was a disaster for the entire team and that included Nash. Misfortune happens a lot in the NBA especially when you subject your body to that kind of wear and tear.

Maybe this year, if he's healthy enough, he gets to show even just 75% of the MVP form and really help the team instead of hurting it. There are just too many positives in his past that they shouldn't be dismissed by just one negative season. I say give him a chance this year and see how he helps the team in many ways.
Melo was not going give up $30M+

Lebron was not going to choose LA over Cleveland

Stephenson is a headache that outweighs the talent he brings

Why would we want 5'9" shoot-first PG - as talented.as he is

When things are chaotic and ever-changing, often this is when the greatest amount of injuries occur. Hopefully the roles will be more defined that will limit mishaps
So there is nobody you would rather spend Nash's 9 million on? If that's the case, I think you are in the minority. At least all the names I brought up (and you shot down) played more than 15 games last year.

Sometimes the best ability is availability
The question is who are you going to get

Lebron - NOlo
Melo - No
KLove - No
Lance - No
Thomas - No

If Nash is unable to play, his contract is a definite asset and much better than getting players that will not play much.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash

LakerLanny wrote:

Thoughts?

Steve Nash isnt forgotton, Steve Nash is a waste of time. Every minute Nash's 40 year old, injury plagued butt gets should be going to a young developing player with a future in the NBA.

THe only thing Nash is good for is winning games that would ultimately be detrimental to our lottery position.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

If Nash is unable to play, his contract is a definite asset and much better than getting players that will not play much.

Nash not being able to play is a better asset than any free agent who went for less than 9 mill?

Just cause we struck out on Lebron, Melo, Pau, Dirk, and Bosh doesn't mean we couldn't have signed any good free agent this offseason. Alot of free agents were had by teams for less than 9 mill. Free agents that could start for our squad, forget "not play much".

For example we need help at the starting small forward position. Trevor Ariza, Danny Granger, Shawn Marion, Andrei Kirilenko are/were realistically attainable free agents who could've put Nash's 9 mill to better use.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Steve who?
Good question
MastaRedSnappa
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject:

lalakersfan88 wrote:
i blame Damien Lillard. I know it's a what if and hindsight remark, but if Nash didn't get hurt in that exact spot on the leg affecting his nerves by Lillard, we could have seen a totally different Lakers past two years.

But it is what it is. Oh well!

That play was like breaking a wishbone between Nash and Lillard. Lillard won and went on to win Rookie of the Year. Nash lost and has been suffering injury after injury ever since.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject:

MastaRedSnappa wrote:
lalakersfan88 wrote:
i blame Damien Lillard. I know it's a what if and hindsight remark, but if Nash didn't get hurt in that exact spot on the leg affecting his nerves by Lillard, we could have seen a totally different Lakers past two years.

But it is what it is. Oh well!

That play was like breaking a wishbone between Nash and Lillard. Lillard won and went on to win Rookie of the Year. Nash lost and has been suffering injury after injury ever since.

Is there any correlation between that injury and the ones that followed after?
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

He's not forgotten just not memorable as a Lakers.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I wish those Germans would figure out how to get rid of nerve damage. Kobe and Nash can go chill in Germany together for a week or so and come back to do some damage.
summerly
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

It might be the last season in NBA for Nash anyway, I'm gonna miss him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: