Gasol the Bull (and the Laker, the Spur, and the Grizzly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If Rose isn't healthy - here's their best offensive player. If Rose is, then Gasol is their #2. His value won't be on D, or how many minutes he plays. It will be to give a team a much needed go to scorer. This team's best scorer over the years has been Derrick Rose taking 25 shots a night, dominating the ball. Or Luol Deng. So they're real happy about adding Pau's skillset to their team.

It's a nice situation, IMO.

Championship? No, but at least he'll close out his career playing for a team that's likely in the playoffs and Pau's a big part of their offense.

My heart really wanted to have Phil coach the Lakers one last year or two and close out Kobe's career and have Pau be there. They all were just meant for each other. If we had surrounded them with the right supporting cast with athletic players, we'd have a shot at making a Spurs like run eventually too. But Phil's influence was just not there like Pop's in SAN. So yeah my heart doesn't like that Pau's in CHI and Kobe's best big is Jordan Hill. I feel the two should have closed out their careers together.

Almost same thoughts. Depending on Rose, they range between 2nd round and #1 East Conference team.

I think if Phil stayed with us, we would've gotten Melo or retained Dwight.

Pau is top 3 big man in the east, and he will make life easier for Rose, which is what the Bulls needed.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject:

I am happy for Pau, very happy he goes somewhere they want him. Hope he helps the Bulls beat LeBron!!!
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
He still can't guard pfs. Look for him to play limited minutes with Noah he's not a power forward on offense either they are just going to collapse the paint leaving no place for Rose to drive in the lane. After a short experiment he will be seeing mostly backup minutes to Noah. He might start to sooth his ego but more than likely he gets a quick hook and Gibson comes in for him.

The twin tower offenses have never worked with him as much, as it has been tried.

Who was Boozer guarding? The Bulls signed Pau knowing his defensive deficiencies. However this is the East, is there a beast in the East he has to contend with? Nene is not really a beast. Jefferson? Bosh? Hibbert? Pau will have Noah battling for him, he doesn't need to bang against anyone. This is what the Lakers failed to do, put a banger next to Pau!!!!
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
He still can't guard pfs. Look for him to play limited minutes with Noah he's not a power forward on offense either they are just going to collapse the paint leaving no place for Rose to drive in the lane. After a short experiment he will be seeing mostly backup minutes to Noah. He might start to sooth his ego but more than likely he gets a quick hook and Gibson comes in for him.

The twin tower offenses have never worked with him as much, as it has been tried.

Who was Boozer guarding? The Bulls signed Pau knowing his defensive deficiencies. However this is the East, is there a beast in the East he has to contend with? Nene is not really a beast. Jefferson? Bosh? Hibbert? Pau will have Noah battling for him, he doesn't need to bang against anyone. This is what the Lakers failed to do, put a banger next to Pau!!!!

Bynum and Howard are what then? Pau will end up being a backup center who starts for reasons of ego. He certainly isn't the best center or power forward on that squad.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

Pau's gonna love it in CHI, he's not going to have to play 30+ minutes anymore or be the focal point of offense and defense.

He got worn out in LA, we put too much responsibility on his shoulders with all the injuries. Hopefully he will find his inner beast again and show the world the man that helped lead the Lakers to three straight NBA Finals.

Wish him the best.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Bynum and Howard are what then? Pau will end up being a backup center who starts for reasons of ego. He certainly isn't the best center or power forward on that squad.

Well we won twice with him paired with Bynum, and Howard and the "Howard era" was just disastrous on every level as we all know. Meanwhile folks must not have watched the Bulls to see how utterly inept Boozer was for them last year. They may not be getting 2008 Pau but he'll be a nice addition for them.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

Gasol was introduced as a Bull today

Quote:
@CBullsbball · 25m
Pau Gasol did talk to Carmelo Anthony while making his decision. #Bulls

Quote:
@CBullsbball · 37m
"We may have to manage the minutes a little bit, but we'll see." Pau Gasol Bulls

Quote:
@CBullsbball · 36m
"I'm excited to be here. I'm excited to play in front of #Bulls fans." Pau Gasol

Quote:
@CBullsbball · 32m
Pau Gasol confirmed that he turned down bigger offers and prioritized being on a team that can win a championship. That a boy! #Bulls

Quote:
@CBullsbball · 31m
"Money obviously wasn't my priority. I turned down bigger offers and I prioritized being on a championship caliber team." Pau Gasol #Bulls

Quote:
@CBullsbball · 30m
"We'll always have a friendship. But he was very supportive and understood." Pau Gasol on leaving Kobe Bryant to come to #Bulls

Quote:
@CBullsbball · 29m
"I think we have all the pieces to get there." Pau Gasol on being a championship contender team. #Bulls

Pau Gasol is nice
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject:

It's strange to see Pau with another jersey.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs2F4U4IgAAFo5N.jpg
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

Pau lacks the speed and consistent range to be a good PF these days. He was crying about lack of low post opportunities when Bynum and Dwight were taking up the center minutes
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

i will love watch randle take pau off the dribble and dunking all over him
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject:

Koalita wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
If Rose isn't healthy - here's their best offensive player. If Rose is, then Gasol is their #2. His value won't be on D, or how many minutes he plays. It will be to give a team a much needed go to scorer. This team's best scorer over the years has been Derrick Rose taking 25 shots a night, dominating the ball. Or Luol Deng. So they're real happy about adding Pau's skillset to their team.

Championship? No, but at least he'll close out his career playing for a team that's likely in the playoffs and Pau's a big part of their offense.

My heart really wanted to have Phil coach the Lakers one last year or two and close out Kobe's career and have Pau be there. They all were just meant for each other. If we had surrounded them with the right supporting cast with athletic players, we'd have a shot at making a Spurs like run eventually too. But Phil's influence was just not there like Pop's in SAN. So yeah my heart doesn't like that Pau's in CHI and Kobe's best big is Jordan Hill. I feel the two should have closed out their careers together.

Almost same thoughts. Depending on Rose, they range between 2nd round and #1 East Conference team.

Pau is top 3 big man in the east, and he will make life easier for Rose, which is what the Bulls needed.

Hands down best passing big man combo in the NBA between Pau/Noah.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Koalita wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Hands down best passing big man combo in the NBA between Pau/Noah.

if DRose is 100% of his MVP level, a huge if, Chi is a ring contender to me.
9-0-9
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born in Redlands,California but Reside in Houston,TX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject:

I've said this since he decided to go there.

Thanks for 3 good years but a HUUUUUGE F-YOU! for slacking off 4 yrs. You ruined the chance for Phil to go out with 12, you ruined the chance for Kobe to have 6 and you absolutely GAVE UP on us when he was what we needed the most. I honestly hope Rose goes down again and I hope Noah plays half the season due to injury, but only for this season. After this season, I wish them well. This season though? F-THEM TOO!

((KICKING A CHAMPION AS HE WALKS OUT THE DOOR AND HOPING HIS NEW TEAMMATES ARE INJURED IS OFENSIVE AS A FAN. USING FOUL LANGUAGE IS AGAINST THE TOS. OVERALL, THIS IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF POST THAT WE DON NOT WANT ON THIS SITE. SEE YOU IN A WEEK - JMK))
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject:

If he wanted a ring so bad, he should have gone to SA or OKC
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject:

9-0-9 wrote:
I've said this since he decided to go there.

Thanks for 3 good years but a HUUUUUGE F-YOU! for slacking off 4 yrs. You ruined the chance for Phil to go out with 12, you ruined the chance for Kobe to have 6 and you absolutely GAVE UP on us when he was what we needed the most. I honestly hope Rose goes down again and I hope Noah plays half the season due to injury, but only for this season. After this season, I wish them well. This season though? F-THEM TOO!

What a (bleep) thing to say.

Pau Gasol is nice
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Gasol is one of those players who will always be a Laker, like Shaq.

Even though they leave, we had them in their best years and won us championships.

Gasol took a lot of heat in trade rumors or for his lack of aggressiveness but he always remained professional. Never whined or complained. A class guy. And I really hope his jersey goes up in the rafters, HOF or not. Those back to back championships were because of him.

One of the best moments in Laker history.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
If he wanted a ring so bad, he should have gone to SA or OKC

Doesn't want to band wagon. Clearly wants to be the 2nd option on a championship team. Now whether he can be that? Maybe not. But he will get that opportunity in CHI. In OKC he is a distant 3rd sometimes 4th option. Spurs just won a ring. I respect Pau chose a team that is in the playoffs but not a front runner. He will get 2nd option touches. Whether he does well or not, don't know. I respect the decision. True class. Lebron could learn.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Suckmaki Walker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

anyone remember this game? this was the day i officially wanted pau gone. totally got embarrassed by davis.

he's a good guy and all and very serviceable but glad he's gone. he would have no role in a rebuilding team.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

Gasol v Boozer. There seems to be a general consensus that the Bulls will be improved, possibly greatly, by the addition of Gasol and the subtraction of Bozer. This is my gut feeling as well. But will Boozer have a worse effect on the Lakers than did Gasol last year?

Can we predict by their performce last year? Since the primary position will likely be at PF, if we go to 82games, we see that using net production, against a primary opponent counterpart:

Boozer: 14.8 - 16.4 > -1.6 (playing 61% of the team's PF minutes)
Gasol: 20.0 - 23.8 > -3.8 (playing 12% of the team's PF minutes)

On/off the court (all positions):

Boozer: -.7 / +4.8 > -5.5
Gasol: -9 / -3.8 > -5.2

If we use Win Shares (all positions) we get:

Boozer: 3.4 (.076 per 48) (ninth best on team)
Gasol: 3.0 (.076 per 48) (fourth best on team)

These don't seem to conclusively predict what to expect with the change of players, as there is the Noah factor, plus other teammates, the coaching, and the overall good team v bad team factors, plus the minutes per position (PF v C) factor.

Again, I am curious to see just how each player does on their new teams, and which of the stat predictors, if any, will prove reliable.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject:

Good luck el toro.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Bulls sign Aaron Brooks their fans think they are a lock for the finals.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject:

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/sights-and-sounds-2014-media-day

Seeing Gasol in a Bulls uniform is so bittersweet for me.

Pau Gasol is nice
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Gasol is a much much much better defender than Boozer, sadly. Boozer is just as slow but he's much shorter, he has short arms, and he can't really get off the floor.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I aint even mad. Get'em Pau.

!...
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Pau lacks the speed and consistent range to be a good PF these days. He was crying about lack of low post opportunities when Bynum and Dwight were taking up the center minutes

Are you thinking Noah plays a lot of low post? Noah is a high post passer for the most part, with flashes to the basket or pick and rolls with the occasional mid range shot with that ugly yet strangely effective form of his. Pau and Noah on paper should be perfect, but it depends on both of them staying healthy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 2 of 28
Jump to: