Gasol the Bull (and the Laker, the Spur, and the Grizzly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
Quote:
@DuranSports: Pau on why chose to leave "needed to move on. Needed something different. Needed to be in a different position"

Quote:
@DuranSports: Pau said Lakers offered him a no trade clause during negotiations.

Huh. Well there goes one of the theories I had. Thanks for posting these.

But basically, IMO, Pau plays his best in organized systems not so much in chaos "every man for himself" scenarios which is what the Lakers have been serving for the last several seasons. He would have had another year where he would have played OK but been blamed for everything wrong had he stayed here. I miss him but it's for the best that he gets to close out his career in a situation that is more positive for him. (But man it was snowing on Halloween, I hope he's ready for Chicago winter )
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
Quote:
@DuranSports: Pau on why chose to leave "needed to move on. Needed something different. Needed to be in a different position"

Quote:
@DuranSports: Pau said Lakers offered him a no trade clause during negotiations.

But basically, IMO, Pau plays his best in organized systems not so much in chaos "every man for himself" scenarios which is what the Lakers have been serving for the last several seasons. He would have had another year where he would have played OK but been blamed for everything wrong had he stayed here. I miss him but it's for the best that he gets to close out his career in a situation that is more positive for him. (But man it was snowing on Halloween, I hope he's ready for Chicago winter )

The bolded quote surprised me honestly. It just goes to show how badly Pau wanted out of LA. Can't say that I blame him, he's been performing so much better in Chicago.

Pau Gasol is nice
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Pau is really a puss... (bleep) took a dive with the Lakers... mother (bleep)

this guy spends all day defending jeremy lin, who's done nothing for this franchise

and all night trashing pau gasol, who helped us get two rings

Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject:

kobetimeeverytime wrote:
Drifts wrote:

this guy spends all day defending jeremy lin, who's done nothing for this franchise

frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
kobetimeeverytime wrote:
Drifts wrote:

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
TDRock wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

The bolded quote surprised me honestly. It just goes to show how badly Pau wanted out of LA. Can't say that I blame him, he's been performing so much better in Chicago.

Loyalty is a 2 way streak....the moment they tried to trade Pau, I'm sure his feelings were hurt. Plus that fact that they moved him out of position when D12 came to LA, then got misused by MDA probably played a huge factor in him looking for a better situation, despite LA giving him more than double what he makes on the Bulls.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject:

More than anything else, I'm sure Pau wanted to be on a good team to end his career. The Bulls are that.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
More than anything else, I'm sure Pau wanted to be on a good team to end his career. The Bulls are that.

The Bulls are very good, and deep. They missed Gasol, who's leading the team in double-doubles, and Rose, and yet they trashed the Clippers.
Still early but a Bulls-Griz finals is not unthinkable.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject:

Bulls arent going to win jack crap as long as Derrick Rose is on that team. If I were the Bulls, I would call the Celtics and offer Rose and the 2015 and 2017 1st round picks and whatever chump they want on the bulls not named gasol and noah for Rondo.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject:

Butler has been the Bulls' best player by far this far. Lakers should take a look at him this off season, though I think he's restricted. It might just be a hot streak, but so far he's improved his offense by an insane amount, and his defense is still top notch. Most improved player is his if he stays consistent.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Bulls arent going to win jack crap as long as Derrick Rose is on that team. If I were the Bulls, I would call the Celtics and offer Rose and the 2015 and 2017 1st round picks and whatever chump they want on the bulls not named gasol and noah for Rondo.

The Bulls are not winning their game solely of those two players.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject:

frenchbullcho wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

But they'll have Rondo too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
frenchbullcho wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

But they'll have Rondo too.

Rondo for Rose might be pretty good for the Bulls, but they'd need to keep everyone but maybe their rookies. Problem is, Rondo isn't exactly a bastion of health himself, so the Bulls might be trading one injured player for another. Gibson, Noah, Pau,Dunleavy, and especially Butler are all big time players for them right now.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
[Gasol] acknowledged a connection to the Lakers that is still very much alive, and took the high road when it came to the trade rumors the Lakers hung over his head and the fluctuation in playing time under three coaches in his last four seasons with L.A.

“I went through what I went through here the last couple of years and it kind of wore me out and drained me in different ways,” Gasol said. “It was still difficult to make that call and you kind of leave this city, this team, the franchise and the fans behind for now.”

On his way out last summer, Gasol made a statement that the Lakers’ rebuilding effort didn’t match his career timeline.

On Monday, he tactfully buried it at the end of his list of reasons, but simply reiterated that he wanted to win.

“I knew I needed to move on,” Gasol said, “I needed to be in a different position where I could be assimilated, where I could be motivated every single day, where I could be rejuvenated, where I could win and strive for greatness again.”

Read full article here.

Pau Gasol is nice
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Thibs is going to kill Pau playing him so many minutes in back to back games

Pau Gasol is nice
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject:

I am happy for Pau. Things were just crazy here the last few years for him. I don't think the fans realized just how much the trade rumors, DamToni and the Dwight situation defeated him. He is in a better situation now and I am very happy for him. Bulls are one of the few teams I like to watch.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject:

I am happy for Pau. Things were just crazy here the last few years for him. I don't think the fans realized just how much the trade rumors, DamToni and the Dwight situation defeated him. He is in a better situation now and I am very happy for him. Bulls are one of the few teams I like to watch.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject:

Nice to see him producing & playing well. Can't help but follow his career and wish him success. Not only because of what he meant to the Lakers franchise, but also being the main obstacle for a certain team in Ohio.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
I am happy for Pau. Things were just crazy here the last few years for him. I don't think the fans realized just how much the trade rumors, D'Antoni and the Dwight situation defeated him. He is in a better situation now and I am very happy for him. Bulls are one of the few teams I like to watch.

Are you surprised that Thibs has Pau playing in the 4th quarter? I remember earlier in this thread where you said Pau wouldn't be and how the game he had versus the Cavs proved that.

Pau Gasol is nice
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Thibs riding Pau into the ground so far. He's getting major minutes every night; ended tonight with 50(!!!!). I hope Pau holds up.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject:

kobe and pau both drinking from the fountain of youth
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Thibs riding Pau into the ground so far. He's getting major minutes every night; ended tonight with 50(!!!!). I hope Pau holds up.

I'm getting 2010-2011 vibes as a result.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Pau missed six shots that are normally money for him tonight. Legs maybe, but that doesn't explain him blowing three or four virtual layups in the paint. He's grabbing boards like a maniac though.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Pau missed six shots that are normally money for him tonight. Legs maybe, but that doesn't explain him blowing three or four virtual layups in the paint. He's grabbing boards like a maniac though.

Yes, actually, it does. Lol

Lookin sloppy on my DVR so far like you said but nothing surprising. We knew they'd be sleepy ti-ti today.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Yes, actually, it does. Lol

Lookin sloppy on my DVR so far like you said but nothing surprising. We knew they'd be sleepy ti-ti today.

Definitely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz_K5kw223o
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 11 of 28
Jump to: