Gasol the Bull (and the Laker, the Spur, and the Grizzly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Pau missed six shots that are normally money for him tonight. Legs maybe, but that doesn't explain him blowing three or four virtual layups in the paint. He's grabbing boards like a maniac though.

You do realize Pau played 50 minutes last night?

Pau Gasol is nice
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Pau Gasol addressed his new Chicago Bulls teammates following their double-overtime loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday night.

He wanted to make sure the team would shake off the sting of the defeat and get focused on the Charlotte Hornets.

Apparently it worked.

Gasol had 19 points and 15 rebounds, Joakim Noah and Nikola Mirotic each posted double-doubles, and the Bulls handed the Hornets their 10th straight loss, 102-95 on Wednesday night.

''These types of games really make a big difference at the end of the season with your record,'' Gasol said. ''It's a game where if you come in with low energy and try to cruise through it, you walk out with a loss. So this was a game that builds character and shows what you're made of.''

Source

Pau Gasol is nice
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject:

From Pau's blog

Quote:
Strong and confident.
I’m sure he’s tired. These things can end up distracting you, although when you feel strong and confident they don’t really affect you. I’ve got my rhythm back and I’m very excited. The game system of the Bulls helps – so does the makeup of the team and the way we approach the game. It suits my playing style very well. Everything is coming together. That just wasn’t happening in LA anymore, for whatever reasons. My work during the summer with my trainer Joaquín Juan is also having great results.

The last seasons with the Lakers were very tough for me, emotionally. I lived through many complicated situations in the team. The situation is completely different now. Chicago was my choice. My energy is different. A lot of things have been said about my age and my performance. I didn’t care about any of them. But if people think I want to prove myself again, then they’re right.

I’d rather talk about the team. We’ll see where our limit is. We must take each game as it comes, because in this League, like in all leagues, it’s not about how it starts, it’s about how it ends. Cleveland has been billed as our rival in the Eastern Conference and there’s been a lot of talk about their problems. I should say first that we also have other major rivals like Washington, Toronto and Atlanta. Without mentioning the great teams in the Western Conference. And also, the Cavs need time. Good teams need time to become more efficient and to find their chemistry. They’re sure to be up there, fighting for everything.

Link

Pau Gasol is nice
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject:

Getting away from MDA's system and "leadership" and the culture in LA that was left over from Jackson leaving and Pau not feeling like he was an important part of the solution - has really helped him.

Couldn't be happier for Pau. He deserves it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject:

Pau's resurgence says something about the Lakers, and maybe Pau, and it is not a compliment to either. I truly thought his skills were waning--as his play was often so lackluster. Apparently not.

If I didn't miss anyone, only two players thus far in this young season are 20PPG/10RPG per: Davis and Cousins. Pau is one point short.

He has never been a 20/10 guy, but he is a 19.94 and 11.4 at this point.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Pau's resurgence says something about the Lakers, and maybe Pau, and it is not a compliment to either. I truly thought his skills were waning--as his play was often so lackluster. Apparently not.

If I didn't miss anyone, only two players thus far in this young season are 20PPG/10RPG per: Davis and Cousins. Pau is one point short.

See bold......very well said, 60 million dollars later. Talk about job security, play like crap and say whatever you want and you still get paid. Our society is so messed up, don't let personal pride get in the way.
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

You said it. We saw glimpses of this anytime he played for his native España and ripped the US teams a new one every time he played us. Physically he's clearly lost a step, which is perfectly normal for a big with his mileage and age, but he's playing with another top 10 center in Noah and putting up these numbers - it's not a coincidence. It was always mental with dude.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Pau with a 20/20 game tonight.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject:

MoriArty wrote:
ribeye wrote:

You said it. We saw glimpses of this anytime he played for his native España and ripped the US teams a new one every time he played us. Physically he's clearly lost a step, which is perfectly normal for a big with his mileage and age, but he's playing with another top 10 center in Noah and putting up these numbers - it's not a coincidence. It was always mental with dude.

System. He's getting the ball down low a LOT this season, way more than he did with us the last three years. The Bulls also do a lot of paint screening for Pau to move from weak to strong so he can establish position (something Spain did a lot too), which is something the Lakers under MDA never ran for him. The Bulls also have a coherent defensive scheme and athletes to help cover for Pau's slow feet.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Not that surprised with Pau's 20/20 game tonight, he's been boarding really well so it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Pau Gasol is nice
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Good game for Pau, wish Chi could have pulled out the win but it was an enjoyable game at least.

Pau is definitely benefitting from an organized, disciplined, system with players that compliment each other and know their roles - much like what he has when he plays for the Spanish National team.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject:

MoriArty wrote:
ribeye wrote:

For sure he was affected by the trade with New Orleans, but wasn't there a rumor that someone on the team boned his girlfriend? Was any light ever shed on that story?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject:

Right on cue, and then there were three: Pau, 20.1/11.9
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject:

So CHI rolls with Pau, and we're saddled with their crap in the form of Boozer.
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject:

But, some little "voices" were saying how little, if any, our team would suffer by replacing Pau with Boozer...
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject:

Pau beasting. His blog post is pretty telling that negative emotional energy and poor coaching relationship led to his poor play the past few years in LA. So glad to see him playing quality ball again.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject:

The Bulls and Gasol are 3 and 5 against the West. Gasol went to the East where he could play against much lessor competition. Gasol was not going to stay in the West by choice that is for sure.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
The Bulls and Gasol are 3 and 5 against the West. Gasol went to the East where he could play against much lessor competition. Gasol was not going to stay in the West by choice that is for sure.

Good point.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
But, some little "voices" were saying how little, if any, our team would suffer by replacing Pau with Boozer...

I, for one, did not believe the "swap" of Boozer for the Gasol (especially the one from the last two seasons) would be significant. I expected Gasol to be a good fit in Chi-town and that Boozer would give the Laks decent offense but sucky defense (not unlike what Gasol gave recently).

Regardless, the difference appears to be a real sucky team, possibly a bottom five team, vs a sorta sucky team, a bottom ten team.

And?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:

Of course they are. They gave one away off a stupid Hinrich foul, and they've been suffering injuries. Their best player from last year, the reigning defensive player of the year has been having knee problems and thus far is a shadow of himself, Derrick Rose has looked terrible since he strained his hamstring and is under some delusions that he's Steph Curry and keeps jacking up threes, and one of their best players from last season Gibson has been hurt. They've done remarkably well considering, which is mainly due to Jimmy, but no small part goes to Pau too.

The West is the clear better conference now, but who cares? That takes nothing away from Pau's play so far. I know Pau kicked your dog or kissed your sister or something, but it's time to let it go. Your ill will affects Pau not at all, while it poisons your own life as you get upset when Pau is playing well.
saacman5033
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
ribeye wrote:

See bold......very well said, 60 million dollars later. Talk about job security, play like crap and say whatever you want and you still get paid. Our society is so messed up, don't let personal pride get in the way.

Pau always played great for us when he was properly used, as a Center. And he's always thrived on good teams. No surprises here.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Voices wrote:

Of course they are. They gave one away off a stupid Hinrich foul, and they've been suffering injuries. Their best player from last year, the reigning defensive player of the year has been having knee problems and thus far is a shadow of himself, Derrick Rose has looked terrible since he strained his hamstring and is under some delusions that he's Steph Curry and keeps jacking up threes, and one of their best players from last season Gibson has been hurt. They've done remarkably well considering, which is mainly due to Jimmy, but no small part goes to Pau too.

The West is the clear better conference now, but who cares? That takes nothing away from Pau's play so far. I know Pau kicked your dog or kissed your sister or something, but it's time to let it go. Your ill will affects Pau not at all, while it poisons your own life as you get upset when Pau is playing well.

This thread is about Gasol, I did not start it, your comments are very immature.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject:

saacman5033 wrote:
Voices wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Pau always played great for us when he was properly used, as a Center. And he's always thrived on good teams. No surprises here.

Properly used is doing what the coach asks you to do. All players thrive on good teams, no surprise there.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject:

MoriArty wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Gasol never ripped the US team, when the games got close P.Gasol disappeared. Spain was loaded with talent and could not beat the US, you know that.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Pau is beasting...Go Pau!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 12 of 28
Jump to: