Kobe tells Nick Young to prep for next season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Kobe tells Nick Young to prep for next season

I found this article where Nick Young talks about how Kobe has already called him to talk to him about preparing for next season.

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2014/07/16/nick-young-reports-kobe-bryant-already-on-him-about-preparing-for-next-season/

I thought it was pretty inspiring, and I like that Young can deal with this tough type of leadership.

Kobe reminds me of the old Kung Fu master. He has a bunch of students that he is strict with and will beat them up. But his students know that it is only so that he can hone them into perfect fighting machines.
EdfromSimiValley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe tells Nick Young to prep for next season

Reflexx wrote:
I found this article where Nick Young talks about how Kobe has already called him to talk to him about preparing for next season.

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2014/07/16/nick-young-reports-kobe-bryant-already-on-him-about-preparing-for-next-season/

I thought it was pretty inspiring, and I like that Young can deal with this tough type of leadership.

Kobe reminds me of the old Kung Fu master. He has a bunch of students that he is strict with and will beat them up. But his students know that it is only so that he can hone them into perfect fighting machines.

The P now stands for "practice"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Prophet8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe tells Nick Young to prep for next season

Reflexx wrote:

LOL, I just read your post and thought of Kobe as Pi Mei from Kill Bill. Which one of the players will he teach the 5 point exploding heart technique to??
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Young believes he will remain a backup small forward. But how will he adjust toward playing with Bryant and stomach his infamous death stares?

Quote of the day, right there.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

Yes Kobe thinks he will have Swaggy P play like his Pippen and win a ring By mid November Kobe will be giving his death stare to everyone.
freshp
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe tells Nick Young to prep for next season

EdfromSimiValley wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

The P now stands for "practice"

you talkin' about practice?
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

Practice his defense. If Nick could be deadly on both ends he could easily be an all star, oh and look for other teammates by creating.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

When Kobe gives Nick that death stare, Nick needs to stare at Iggy and all is alright!

Dam what a lucky bastard he is.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject:

People counting us out, including our own fans.

But I always have faith in Kobe, that's why I would never count us out.

This part of me might be delusional like FO's pipe dream plans...

Called it blind faith or whatever, but I just know when Kobe is on the court, there is always a chance.

There are surprises in every season in the NBA, good or bad, I think we can be a surprising team in the good way.

I'm not a religious christian like Jeremy Lin, but I don't know why I'm started to think like one. lol God put us in this position for a reason, when God closes one window he will open another one. It's time for us to overcome that challenge that God wants us to face!! Let's go Lakers!!
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
People counting us out, including our own fans.

But I always have faith in Kobe, that's why I would never count us out.

This part of me might be delusional like FO's pipe dream plans...

Called it blind faith or whatever, but I just know when Kobe is on the court, there is always a chance.

There are surprises in every season in the NBA, good or bad, I think we can be a surprising team in the good way.

I'm not a religious christian like Jeremy Lin, but I don't know why I'm started to think like one. lol God put us in this position for a reason, [b]when God closes one window he will open another one. It's time for us to overcome that challenge that God wants us to face!! Let's go Lakers!![/b]

so we suck get #1 pick and get our future PG with the #1 pick
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe tells Nick Young to prep for next season

Reflexx wrote:

wait but but smush said kobe didnt talk to players that were beneath him.

postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Quote:

Young believes he will remain a backup small forward. But how will he adjust toward playing with Bryant and stomach his infamous death stares?

Quote of the day, right there.
you saw this too. lol with the pic to boot
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Nick-Young-Kobe-Bryant.jpg

Wow. Now that's a stare.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Nick-Young-Kobe-Bryant.jpg

Wow. Now that's a stare.

Look at his left hand at the ready for the biatch slap.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
dacolan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Why isn't there more love for Kendall Marshall? (This is not just directed at cK, but a general question for the board.) 9.5 assists in 45 starts, while shooting almost 40% from the arc on the season, is impressive especially for such a young player. There seem to be a lot of fans anxious to replace a player that's flashed a ton of potential.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

dacolan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Why isn't there more love for Kendall Marshall? (This is not just directed at cK, but a general question for the board.) 9.5 assists in 45 starts, while shooting almost 40% from the arc on the season, is impressive especially for such a young player. There seem to be a lot of fans anxious to replace a player that's flashed a ton of potential.

His defense and shooting form are beyond terrible. I'd love to see him improve ala Jodie Meeks. Yes, I like Marshall as a passer/distributor. I don't believe he's some worthless scrub like Morris/Duhon.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject:

We talkin' bout practice?
sugi942
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe tells Nick Young to prep for next season

Reflexx wrote:

Kobe is Pai Mei. Although hopefully he doesn't pluck out Nick's eye if he says something insolent.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe tells Nick Young to prep for next season

postandpivot wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

wait but but smush said kobe didnt talk to players that were beneath him.

Smush didn't realize Kobe only didn't talk to scrubs like him....

Swaggy P might not be a star, but he ain't no scrub.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Wow. Now that's a stare.

It actually reminds me of a dad stare.

That's what I do with my son.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
epak wrote:

Wow. Now that's a stare.

It actually reminds me of a dad stare.

That's what I do with my son.

I think Kobe cares a lot for Nick Young. That's probably why Kobe was the first to contact him after he signed his contract.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

I wish he had told him to prep for this season. Don't know why he wants to wait a year.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

dacolan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Hasn't shown much in summer league and those stats rarely translated to wins. His defense wasn't just bad, it was absolutely atrocious.

He has great floor vision, and can see passing opportunities everywhere. But that's about it. He's a very one dimensional player.

I had hoped to see growth from him, but so far in Summer League he's pretty much sucked. And this is against low quality competition.

To be fair, he's been playing off-ball some because they've been giving Clarkson some opportunities to handle the ball. But I'd rather have him not in the game at all instead of playing off-ball. He's just horrible.

His court vision still may get him a spot on the team. He may even be in the rotation. I do want to see him grow as a player. But as of right now he's pretty "meh".
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

Laker Lover wrote:
When Kobe gives Nick that death stare, Nick needs to stare at Iggy and all is alright!

seriously ?? she looks like Marlon Wayans in drag in White Chicks

http://lockerdome.com/6170040227613505/6690626603463700
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Laker Lover wrote:

seriously ?? she looks like Marlon Wayans in drag in White Chicks

http://lockerdome.com/6170040227613505/6690626603463700
nope dont agree with this one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: