OFFICIAL ED DAVIS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I know very little about Davis, but what seems apparent is that he will do the dirty work, play defense, set screens and run the floor.

Until you see s player for several games it's really hard to get a feel for his b ball IQ. Maybe Davis is the diamond in the rough and with playing time he could grow beyond expectations.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
I know very little about Davis, but what seems apparent is that he will do the dirty work, play defense, set screens and run the floor.

Until you see s player for several games it's really hard to get a feel for his b ball IQ. Maybe Davis is the diamond in the rough and with playing time he could grow beyond expectations.

This, in itself, speaks volumes about Big Ed's basketball IQ!

Quote:
Davis said he also received serious interest from the Los Angeles Clippers, but he ultimately decided to don the purple and gold

Ed Davis B-Ball IQ
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Ed hasn't gotten any block shots lately since inserted at the PF spot. Lakers need to sign Earl and have Ed go back and play at his natural position.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Ed doesn't look right and doesn't have the confidence yet... but as you can see he's still grabbing double-digit rebounds... that tells you that he has a lot of potential that hopefully gets fulfilled.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject:

I'd have no problem letting Hill go via trade or not picking up his team option this summer and resigning Davis to be our 1st big off the bench for the next few years, assuming we either draft or sign a starting C.

Randle / Kelly
New C / Davis / Sacre
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject:

The sooner Clark gets here the sooner Davis can be his natural backup 5 position and the sooner Sacre can sit at the end of the bench.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The sooner Clark gets here the sooner Davis can be his natural backup 5 position and the sooner Sacre can sit at the end of the bench.

Sacre is playing well. Rather have him play than Boozer
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Will Davis start next game instead of Boozer?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Energetic forward Ed Davis could start at power forward over Carlos Boozer. Boozer, a two-time NBA All-Star, may have averaged 12.4 points on a 49.8 percent clip, but Scott has often lamented about his defensive miscues.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

Ed Davis did much better this time than he did with his 1st start ( 12 pts, 7 rbs, 2 blks, & no fouls).
I hope he settles in and plays consistent all-around basketball.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

He didnt foul last night davis, real mvp. He's solid for at least 20 minutes at night
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject:

I look forward to seeing what Davis can do with a solid 30 minutes per game. He got 33.5mpg for a month in 2013 when he was with Memphis and put up 14/8 on 55% shooting.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

davis is the firestarter, twisted firestarter
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Davis should be averaging 14/9 right now but Boozer and Byron Scott are hidering his development.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I like Ed Davis and I'm rooting for him. But I wonder how much he will cost.

Will he be leaving the Lakers after this season when he's done showcasing himself for a larger contract, like Jodie Meeks and others who use the Lakers to showcase themselves for a larger contract elsewhere?

Or will the Lakers decide to invest big money into re-signing him after this season?

He's going to be a free agent after this season (he won't exercise the player option unless injured).

And he reportedly turned down a $20M multi-year contract from the Grizzlies. So that means he's probably looking for a larger contract that what Nick Young got, since he turned down a contract like Swaggy's. And Bigs have typically gotten paid more than their smaller counterparts due to supply and demand.

If he plays well, he may cost more than the FO wants to invest in him. Especially if the FO is keeping their powder dry to target high profile free agents with cap space.

Oh well, at least we get to see him finally get that chance to showcase himself that he didn't really get at his last stop. And he deserves the money he'll ask for, even if it will be with another team next season. There's no doubting his heart and effort, especially when compared to some of the "defense" from the other bigs on the team.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:

Will he be leaving the Lakers after this season when he's done showcasing himself for a larger contract, like Jodie Meeks and others who use the Lakers to showcase themselves for a larger contract elsewhere?

Or will the Lakers decide to invest big money into re-signing him after this season?

He's going to be a free agent after this season (he won't exercise the player option unless injured).

And he reportedly turned down a $20M multi-year contract from the Grizzlies. So that means he's probably looking for a larger contract that what Nick Young got, since he turned down a contract like Swaggy's. And Bigs have typically gotten paid more than their smaller counterparts due to supply and demand.

If he plays well, he may cost more than the FO wants to invest in him. Especially if the FO is keeping their powder dry to target high profile free agents with cap space.

Oh well, at least we get to see him finally get that chance to showcase himself that he didn't really get at his last stop. And he deserves the money he'll ask for, even if it will be with another team next season. There's no doubting his heart and effort, especially when compared to some of the "defense" from the other bigs on the team.
He'll Probably leave. It's best not to be attached to any of our current players as they are all expendable at the moment. Davis will get offers in the range of $6-9M. We aren't offering him that money in a long term contract. So far, think Mitch has been very careful not to repeat the Luke Walton contract wherein a role player gets a huge long term contract because of good performance in a bad roster.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Go big Ed ED!

(I like how his initials also spell his first name)
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
AirShooter wrote:

He'll Probably leave. It's best not to be attached to any of our current players as they are all expendable at the moment. Davis will get offers in the range of $6-9M. We aren't offering him that money in a long term contract. So far, think Mitch has been very careful not to repeat the Luke Walton contract wherein a role player gets a huge long term contract because of good performance in a bad roster.

I don't know... Davis is showing a pretty rare set of skills right now.

Look at this list of players... it is players avergaging more than 10pts and 10 rebounds and 2 blocks per 36 minutes: http://bkref.com/tiny/MPfFb

In order of win shares, it's Anthony Davis, Tim Duncan, Andre Bogut, Ed Davis, Larry Sanders, Andre Drummond, Rudy Gobert, and Dwight Howard. Not only that, but Davis has the highest fg% out of all those guys.

You don't find these kinds of players very often and we have an opportunity to get Ed Davis for a major discount I think.

I want this guy to be our bench defensive big for the next 4 years. He just turned 25. I'd offer him the full MLE for 4 years. Having him off the bench as a combo PF/C would be such a huge asset for us in the next few years.
vankenn
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject:

+1 for Ed Davis, really nice guy and I'm a fan of his.

AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
You don't find these kinds of players very often and we have an opportunity to get Ed Davis for a major discount I think.

I want this guy to be our bench defensive big for the next 4 years. He just turned 25. I'd offer him the full MLE for 4 years. Having him off the bench as a combo PF/C would be such a huge asset for us in the next few years.

I doubt it. He's not giving a discount. He gave a discount this year by turning down the $20M contract from Memphis to basically sign for minimum to showcase himself. That means his next contract has to be a big contract to make up for the money he lost this season. He's going to the highest bidder, just like Jodie Meeks did. If he was willing to take a 4yr MLE deal, he would have taken the $20M+ Grizzlies deal. The reason he turned down the deal in order to gamble on showcasing himself on the Lakers is because he thinks he's worth more than that. And his next deal has to make up for the lost earnings from this season due to the gamble. No way he's giving a discount on his next deal.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Davis has been really coming on since being inserted into the starting line-up.... the best thing about his Improvement these last 3 games is that he can even do way better..... he just needs to have the ultimate confidence.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Don't Ed Davis and Kobe have the same agent? Maybe something can be worked out there. I've seen this on multiple teams with multiple players of the same agent.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Don't Ed Davis and Kobe have the same agent? Maybe something can be worked out there. I've seen this on multiple teams with multiple players of the same agent.

Wes Johnson is also a Pelinka client. Difference is that Ed will get much more $ that Wes did (minimum).
Boybees
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Ed Davis is exactly the kind of role player we need for the rebuild . . . but only on the right contract. Do not overpay.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:
Rawr wrote:

I doubt it. He's not giving a discount. He gave a discount this year by turning down the $20M contract from Memphis to basically sign for minimum to showcase himself. That means his next contract has to be a big contract to make up for the money he lost this season. He's going to the highest bidder, just like Jodie Meeks did. If he was willing to take a 4yr MLE deal, he would have taken the $20M+ Grizzlies deal. The reason he turned down the deal in order to gamble on showcasing himself on the Lakers is because he thinks he's worth more than that. And his next deal has to make up for the lost earnings from this season due to the gamble. No way he's giving a discount on his next deal.

He turned down a $20 million extension to become a free agent and found out the market wasn't as big for him as he thought, so he settled for our deal. My guess is opts out this and goes for the highest contract. No idea what some team might offer. Depends on how he finishes the season. At best, we can hope he lets us match the best offer, but there's no reason for him to give us a discount. I'd say $4-5 million per for multiple years is the lowest we'd get him for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11
Jump to: