3 dead after California bank robbery, gun battle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: 3 dead after California bank robbery, gun battle

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/california/Stockton-Bank-Robbery-Leads-to-Violent-Car-Chase-Deadly-Standoff-267426051.html

Wow
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 dead after California bank robbery, gun battle

Fallout wrote:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/california/Stockton-Bank-Robbery-Leads-to-Violent-Car-Chase-Deadly-Standoff-267426051.html

Wow

Only wow about this is that they actually took one of the bank robbers in alive. There must have been at least a hundred gunshot holes in that Ford.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject:

Don't the cops have rules of engagement for hostage situations like these? It's almost certain that their bullets killed the hostage, which is why they keep talking about "human shields"...yeah, shields from the cops and their bullets.

Who authorized them to fire into a vehicle with a hostage inside? They knew about her too...they fired anyway.

This isn't Iraq, they can't just choose to sacrifice the life of an innocent bystander.

Heads better (bleep) roll.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject:

It does sound like it's a good chance the hostage died from police bullets.

I do believe that their rules of engagement tell them not to shoot if there is a hostage... unless they are being actively fired upon and need to shoot to ensure their own safety and the safety of those around them.

This sounds like it was a crazy incident, with guys using AK47's. Police likely thought that they had to return fire or they would pretty much all end up dead.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject:

Stockton is California's equivalent to Detroit.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject:

Poor women, she would've been better off had she been thrown from the car like the 2 other hostages.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject:

Wow I guess it's not like in the movies where cops try to do everything they can to save the hostages. In real life Cops shot even if someone is being used as a shield. Who would have thought?

Actually the poor hostage was probably just in the car and the cops shot and said that he was being used as a shield. Anyone doubt this?
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

used as a human shield according to the police. How did they determine that so fast?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

Kobeskillz wrote:
Wow I guess it's not like in the movies where cops try to do everything they can to save the hostages. In real life Cops shot even if someone is being used as a shield. Who would have thought?

Actually the poor hostage was probably just in the car and the cops shot and said that he was being used as a shield. Anyone doubt this?

In the real world its the cops against everyone else.
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

No, that would be Oakland. Stockton would be like some (bleep) suburb of detroit.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Im from Central Cali, about 45 min from Stockton, but lets not pretend this kind of (bleep) doesnt happen in Southern Cal as well.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
It does sound like it's a good chance the hostage died from police bullets.

I do believe that their rules of engagement tell them not to shoot if there is a hostage... unless they are being actively fired upon and need to shoot to ensure their own safety and the safety of those around them.

This sounds like it was a crazy incident, with guys using AK47's. Police likely thought that they had to return fire or they would pretty much all end up dead.
Alot of folks are saying that they should have just let the guys get away they would have more then likely been caught. Now the innocent girl is dead and more then likely got killed by the officers.

Its just a terrible situation all the way around.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Im from Central Cali, about 45 min from Stockton, but lets not pretend this kind of (bleep) doesnt happen in Southern Cal as well.

My point was that Stockton is a (bleep) hole. First hand experience.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

No, that would be Oakland. Stockton would be like some (bleep) suburb of detroit.

Not sure about that man, there are still some nice parts of Oakland. Stockton on the other hand has absolutely zero redeeming qualities.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

Kobeskillz wrote:

Looking at the number of bullets that was fired into the car they local PD was probably too impatient to wait for SWAT. I'm pretty sure a sniper could've taken those guys out and saved the woman.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:

I learned long ago that cops put their own safety at the highest priority once suspects start shooting
even swat would start blasting through human hostage shields when stuff hits the fan
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:

Are you posting from prison?
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Not sure about that man, there are still some nice parts of Oakland. Stockton on the other hand has absolutely zero redeeming qualities.

I was born in Fremont. Lived everywhere in California from San Diego all the way up north as far as Redding/Shasta. That includes Stockton and Tracy for about a year each. I must have missed those good parts of Oakland. Are they anything like the good parts of Santa Anna? Or King and Story road in South SJ?
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_2000 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:

No, he's posting from reality and historical precedent.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:

Actually, reality and historical precedent demonstrate it isn't "everyone else". The odds of being treated with extreme force by the police jumps astronomically for those of color or who are living on the streets.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

My point was that Stockton is a (bleep) hole. First hand experience.

I have been there years ago when i was in my early 20's i used to go see a girl that went to UoP. The parts we went to werent bad. She was a rich white girl though and i was a mexican. haha never had much reason to go there though. I live in what some people say is a (bleep), but i love my (bleep). wouldnt want to live anywhere else in Cali! Its far enough from the big cities, but not to far of a drive!

It was soo long ago, that this was when Michael Olewakandi or whoever you spell his name was going to school there.
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:

Actually, reality and historical precedent demonstrate it isn't "everyone else". The odds of being treated with extreme force by the police jumps astronomically for those of color or who are living on the streets.

The odds of being treated with extreme force by the police jumps exponentially for criminals. Especially the ones who resist.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_2000 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:

The odds of being treated with extreme force by the police jumps exponentially for criminals. Especially the ones who resist.

If only it applied to just the criminals.
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

I was born in Fremont. Lived everywhere in California from San Diego all the way up north as far as Redding/Shasta. That includes Stockton and Tracy for about a year each. I must have missed those good parts of Oakland. Are they anything like the good parts of Santa Anna? Or King and Story road in South SJ?

Going a little off track here, but you don't know anything about Santa Ana if you don't think there are nice parts there. Admittedly, 95% of the city is (bleep), but there are million dollar mansions by downtown.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject:

VindicatioN wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Going a little off track here, but you don't know anything about Santa Ana if you don't think there are nice parts there. Admittedly, 95% of the city is (bleep), but there are million dollar mansions by downtown.

There is a small section west of I-5 in North Stockton that has a subdivision of nicer, newer homes near the river......Although the one person I met who lived there had his home broken into 4 times in the first year after buying the house.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: