Malaysian Passenger Flight Shot Down Over Ukraine?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I find it interesting how they were/are keeping the amount of Americans killed out of our news cycle...

Seriously? Have you actually followed the story and read the flight manifest?

LINK

This is the manifest I've read. I don't see any Americans listed. Do you have another one?

Yeah, that's the point. Why would I have another one?
You omitted, I've heard 26 Americans were aboard. I gleaned from bold underlined you were questioning CI's following the story and you had a manifest listing American casualties.

No, I just quoted you, so you must have edited while I was quoting.

There were initial reports in the very early stages of Americans being onboard. But ever since any real info has come out and Malaysian Airlines has released passport and manifest info, that turns out not to be the case save for a couple of people with dual citizenship who apparently traveled under their Dutch passports.

I was questioning CI's implication that there was some kind of false information being purposely sent out to hide the fact that there were Americans onboard. That would make no sense. If anything, the US government would inflate the numbers so as to give them more of a position in pursuing justice from the Russians. The US is now an outside observer rather than an involved party - not as politically advantageous.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Again I paraphrase Dick Gregory When the Israelis go to war with the Palestinians, you know who's gonna win cause can't no camel outrun no Cadillac.

Geez, that's more than mildly racist. (on his Gregory's part)
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

Btw I think were posting in the wrong thread. Anyways, I'm done with this subject, no more politics for me...sticking to bball.

Thank you!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Again I paraphrase Dick Gregory When the Israelis go to war with the Palestinians, you know who's gonna win cause can't no camel outrun no Cadillac.

Geez, that's more than mildly racist. (on his Gregory's part)

Par for Dick Gregory's course. I found it humorous.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

MH17 crash: Hear 'moment Russian rebels realise they've shot down civilian aircraft by mistake' LINK

I chuckled at the spelling of realize in the article headline. Makes me wonder if the were translating correctly.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject:

People are looting the dead bodies and using their credit cards.
No hope for humanity.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
No hope for humanity.

Yeah, I posted that yesterday. They're also handling the bodies unceremoniously, dumping them in trucks and carrying them off to who knows where.

The shame is the Palestinian people are suffering for the misdeeds of Hamas.

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
No hope for humanity.

Yeah, I posted that yesterday. They're also handling the bodies unceremoniously, dumping them in trucks and carrying them off to who knows where.

How are the first 2 sentences related to the third? Maybe time to keep your thoughts about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to the political thread where it belongs?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, the families of the victims are now pawns in the political game between the west and Russia. Putin also isn't making friends with whatever friends or allies he has left around the world.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
No hope for humanity.

Why do you keep posting non-sequiturs about the Gaza situation in this thread?

This really is NOT the thread to politicize. This is a huge story that is only going to get bigger and I prefer not risk seeing it locked over needless posts about the Israeli/Palestine conflict - especially when there is a place for that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Unfortunately, the families of the victims are now pawns in the political game between the west and Russia. Putin also isn't making friends with whatever friends or allies he has left around the world.

The countries that are in bed with Russia are there to stay. That's one of the reasons Putin acts with such impunity. He realizes he's not going to gain friends no matter what and he knows the friends he has are pretty much there to stay.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

The countries that are in bed with Russia are there to stay. That's one of the reasons Putin acts with such impunity. He realizes he's not going to gain friends no matter what and he knows the friends he has are pretty much there to stay.

I guess, but on the other hand he's now up against the Dutch. Contrary to what a lot of Americans think, the Dutch are powerful, stubborn, relentless, and a little bit vengeful.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Malaysia purchases Russian weapons from their defense companies as well....
I'm guessing with those rebels shooting down a plane from a Malaysian state owned company might strain Russian-Malaysian relations just a bit.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
No hope for humanity.

How are the first 2 sentences related to the third? Maybe time to keep your thoughts about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to the political thread where it belongs?

I'm guilty. I'm mixing the two. My bad.....

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
No hope for humanity.

This really is NOT the thread to politicize. This is a huge story that is only going to get bigger and I prefer not risk seeing it locked over needless posts about the Israeli/Palestine conflict - especially when there is a place for that.

I'm not paying enough attention. I'll try to be more attentive as to where I post what. My bad....

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
No hope for humanity.

I'm not paying enough attention. I'll try to be more attentive as to where I post what. My bad....
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Malaysia purchases Russian weapons from their defense companies as well....
I'm guessing with those rebels shooting down a plane from a Malaysian state owned company might strain Russian-Malaysian relations just a bit.

Such mutually beneficial dealings aren't likely to suffer much.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I guess, but on the other hand he's now up against the Dutch. Contrary to what a lot of Americans think, the Dutch are powerful, stubborn, relentless, and a little bit vengeful.

But the Dutch aren't one of those nations who are strongly tied to Russia. They may turn up the heat, but there is no net loss for Russia in relations there.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
No hope for humanity.

I'm guilty. I'm mixing the two. My bad.....

Last thing we want is that Pandora's Box coming in here when it's already a volatile issue.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Everyone knows either the separatists or their masters the Russians did it. They will keep on denying this till the end.
The Americans must also know this. They have satellites with which they can see from where the missiles were fired. I think they're biding their time.
At most the families will get an apology, but admitting a mistake is not exactly a Russian trait.
Nothing good will come out of this for the families of the victims.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Everyone knows either the separatists or their masters the Russians did it. They will keep on denying this till the end.
The Americans must also know this. They have satellites with which they can see from where the missiles were fired. I think they're biding their time.
At most the families will get an apology, but admitting a mistake is not exactly a Russian trait.
Nothing good will come out of this for the families of the victims.

The rebel were caught on tape admitting they made a mistake LINK

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
But the Dutch aren't one of those nations who are strongly tied to Russia. They may turn up the heat, but there is no net loss for Russia in relations there.

The Dutch have influence over many of the nations you are talking about. Don't underestimate them. If the EU turns on Russia, Putin has got all sorts of problems. Who else is there that matters to Russia? China? Iran?
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Russian backed rebels shot it down...not the Russians directly.

The rebels wouldn't have all that sophisticated military equipment if Russia didn't give it to them.

Exactly. Not to mention that the rebels are explicitly aligned with and swear allegiance to Russia - which differentiates this from a mere case of military hardware sales.

Last edited by Shalashaska on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject:

When you play with fire, you're going to get burned. Putin apparently has not yet realized this.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject:

[quote="Aeneas Hunter"]
DaMuleRules wrote:

The Dutch have influence over many of the nations you are talking about. Don't underestimate them. If the EU turns on Russia, Putin has got all sorts of problems.[quote]

I suppose if the Dutch can rally some world support it could gain some clout. But even then, to what aim? The damage is done. Short of a halfhearted apology for a mistake and some financial compensation, there's not much to get from Russia.

Quote:
Who else is there that matters to Russia? China? Iran?

Those are two pretty big fish as far as the US goes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: