T or F. Kobe should still be better than Dirk and Duncan next season.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: T or F. Kobe should still be better than Dirk and Duncan next season.

He played very little last year and he was clearly in awful shape yet he still managed to score over 20 points more often than not.
Now that he is actually in game shape, he should still easily be close to 25-5-5. Agree or disagree?
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

False.
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject:

True
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject:

False.

Duncan/Dirk have games that age well. Kobe plays a position that requires more athleticism, speed, quickness, and he's coming off 2 major injuries. Plus both teams are deeper.

And no, 25/5/5 is not a good goal. Only 3 players in the NBA last year did it and all played major minutes to hit that (Durant, LBJ, Harden).
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

true but his team won't be
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

Who cares who is better? At the end of the day all we remember is whose team was better!!!!!
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

Over 20 ppg
Over 4 rpg
Over 4 apg

I am absolutely sure Kobe will have those numbers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Over 20 ppg
Over 4 rpg
Over 4 apg

I am absolutely sure Kobe will have those numbers.

I have him around there too. But as other posters rightfully noted, it's more about the wins rather than Kobe's individual #s. If he averages under 20/4/4 and the team wins more, than that's what matters most to me. That's what Duncan/Dirk have embraced already.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

True.

Because Kobe works too hard to not be a great player still.

Not saying Dirk and Tim don't work hard, but Kobe works harder.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

Kobe will change his game and will be in the post and midpost and attacking closer to the bucket and on the baseline. I firmly believe Kobe will average 25 point per game next year just on footwork and skills. He's like a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, he know's all the techinique required to give the most minimal effort to attack.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

Easily 25-4-4 if healthy.

Kobe may possess the best footwork, and skills of anyone in the league. This notion that Kobe's game is only based on his level of athleticism is incorrect. He is so skilled and crafty that he always finds a way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:

Kobe may possess the best footwork, and skills of anyone in the league. This notion that Kobe's game is only based on his level of athleticism is incorrect. He is so skilled and crafty that he always finds a way.

With his minutes reduced? Harden/Durant/LBJ all played over 36 mpg to get those #s. I don't think Kobe should be playing 36 mpg plus.

I don't get the fascination with Kobe's individual stats. If that's a taste of what's to come then it will be a long season. I'm hoping he can pace himself, that the head coach can keep his minutes to around 30mpg, let him sit out games. Just by virtue of his reduced minutes, his overall stats will take a dip.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
False.

Duncan/Dirk have games that age well. Kobe plays a position that requires more athleticism, speed, quickness, and he's coming off 2 major injuries. Plus both teams are deeper.

And no, 25/5/5 is not a good goal. Only 3 players in the NBA last year did it and all played major minutes to hit that (Durant, LBJ, Harden).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

True
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject:

True, easily
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: T or F. Kobe should still be better than Dirk and Duncan next season.

LakersNewEra wrote:
He played very little last year and he was clearly in awful shape yet he still managed to score over 20 points more often than not.
Now that he is actually in game shape, he should still easily be close to 25-5-5. Agree or disagree?

Who the heck knows? The guy has barely played in a year, he's 37, and has suffered a couple of different injuries. We'll see how he is when we see -- anyone here who thinks they can guess accurately is just kidding themselves.
ComputerBlue
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

Trick Question.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

With his minutes reduced? Harden/Durant/LBJ all played over 36 mpg to get those #s. I don't think Kobe should be playing 36 mpg plus.

I don't get the fascination with Kobe's individual stats. If that's a taste of what's to come then it will be a long season. I'm hoping he can pace himself, that the head coach can keep his minutes to around 30mpg, let him sit out games. Just by virtue of his reduced minutes, his overall stats will take a dip.

What don't you get? Isn't the point of this whole thing is for him to produce specially if he's to earn that contract. No one's rooting for Kobe to give us Trevor Ariza numbers. You of all people should be rooting for him to pump out the most numbers since you're one of the people who is crucifying him for his contract. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the contract either but I'm over it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

What don't you get? Isn't the point of this whole thing is for him to produce specially if he's to earn that contract. No one's rooting for Kobe to give us Trevor Ariza numbers. You of all people should be rooting for him to pump out the most numbers since you're one of the people who is crucifying him for his contract. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the contract either but I'm over it.

Did I bring his contract up? Naw, you did. And for the record, didn't fault him, it's the FO's timing that I've criticized.

My point is, I want what's best for the Lakers. If Kobe is just going to gun next year, is that the best outcome for the Lakers? Do you want him playing 35-36 mpg plus to chase stats? I don't. Contrary to what you think, I want what's best for Kobe the next 2 years. That means pacing and as a fanbase, disabusing ourselves of the notion that he needs to put up 25/5/5 (glad it went down from the 30/5/5 and then 27/5/5 people were predicting) to be worth anything. I'm not expecting or requiring him to produce like a 24m player b/c it was asinine to begin with.

I'm happy if Kobe plays the max games and has to bring down his production if it means he can stay healthy.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

better is such a vague phrase, better in what way? scoring more? of course Kobe going to produce more stats than those two. better as winning more games as a team? that i don't think so.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject:

False I think

Much harder on an aging guard than bigs I think, and in dirks case a lot of spot of jump shooting

Second and perhaps more importantly both those players have far better teams, which is going to make their job way easier. I can see Kobe pushing more just because our roster is so poor, so tougher shots, no to pass off too or share the load, will surprise anyone if Kobe is getting the ball dumped off to him with 2 and 3 seconds on the shot clock in the hope he makes it happen
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject:

If he stays healthy, I'd put money on true.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

No way to answer this. The Kobe that played last year didn't have the off season to train and pre-season to get ready. Did we see what Kobe is going to be or an out of shape rusty Kobe? Won't really be able to tell unless we could watch him against other players.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

True.

As long as he posts up and doesn't jack up more than three 3pointers a game.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

True.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: