Kevin Love trade thread - :: Trade is completed. -- Love to Cavs -- Wiggins/Bennett/Thad Young to TWolves -- Mbah a Moute/Shved/1strounder to 6ers. (PG. 11)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Kevin Love trade thread - :: Trade is completed. -- Love to Cavs -- Wiggins/Bennett/Thad Young to TWolves -- Mbah a Moute/Shved/1strounder to 6ers. (PG. 11)

Quote:
Ever since LeBron James returned to Cleveland, talks have intensified for All-Star power forward Kevin Love.

Rumors have surfaced that the Cavaliers wouldn’t include rookie swingman Andrew Wiggins in any possible deal for the Minnesota Timberwolves’ star.

A league source said on July 17 that the Cavs are now willing to trade the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft.

Up until this point, it was assumed the Cavs wanted to hang onto Wiggins, largely because of comments made by Coach David Blatt.

However, a source said James wants the 6-10, 250-pound Love on the roster.

And, what James wants, he normally gets.

The Cavs are under the gun to win now. James is playing on a two-year contract that includes an out clause after the 2014-15 season if he decides to use it.

The latest offer could include Wiggins, power forward Anthony Bennett and a first-round pick. Center Brendan Haywood might be included in the deal to make it work contractually.

http://www.morningjournal.com/sports/20140717/cleveland-cavaliers-now-willing-to-include-wiggins-in-kevin-love-trade-offer

If I am the Twolves I take that trade in a heartbeat before Cavs change their minds. That is great value for someone that is leaving in a year.

Last edited by eureca on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 am; edited 9 times in total
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

Wonder what changed their minds. If the Cavs offer Wiggins, the T-Wolves should accept the trade on the spot. Getting back-to-back #1 overall picks and a future first? Can't imagine they would ever get a better deal than that for Love.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

If true...WOW! Min would be stupid (x2) not to accept.
chubby_1_kenobi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

Kahn is all kind of stupid if he doesn't take this offer.

Secretly hoping for Love to go to the Cavs though. With Wiggins, they'll be a juggernaut defensively and in the open court. With Love, there will be better spacing in the half court offense but minus the two mentioned above.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Wonder what changed their minds. If the Cavs offer Wiggins, the T-Wolves should accept the trade on the spot. Getting back-to-back #1 overall picks and a future first? Can't imagine they would ever get a better deal than that for Love.

General Manager LeBron James
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

Yup signing a 2 year deal with a opt out after 1 gave Lebron all the power pretty much. They don't make the moves he wants and he can bolt. He knew that when he signed it. Obviously its no surprise that Cavs signed Miller/Jones from his Heat days and went after Ray and Birdman.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject:

chubby_1_kenobi wrote:
Kahn is all kind of stupid if he doesn't take this offer.

Secretly hoping for Love to go to the Cavs though. With Wiggins, they'll be a juggernaut defensively and in the open court. With Love, there will be better spacing in the half court offense but minus the two mentioned above.

Not their GM anymore, dude.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm not trading Wiggins yet if I'm the Cavs. What's the rush? The Warriors don't seem like they're going to include Thompson anytime soon, so where's the competition?

See how wiggins fits in and how he develops next to the rest of the guys on the team. If he can be a really good perimeter defender he saves Lebron a ton of energy. With Kyrie and Lebron he doesn't need to do much on offense anyway.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

Cavs would be nothing if he leaves again....Dan Gilbert franchise loses a ton of his value and he complains again to the NBA....
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject:

That is insane value for a disgruntled star. This indicates to me that Cleveland is desperate to win now. If I were them I would be more patient.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
That is insane value for a disgruntled star. This indicates to me that Cleveland is desperate to win now. If I were them I would be more patient.

Sure they can be patient....but if they don't win anything next year, Lebron will probably leave once again once his two year deal is over...then Cavs will be left wondering once again.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
srm90 wrote:

Sure they can be patient....but if they don't win anything next year, Lebron will probably leave once again once his two year deal is over...then Cavs will be left wondering once again.

Cavs should be in a win now mode; otherwise they're not capitalizing on Lebron's prime.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
srm90 wrote:

They should at least wait til the deadline when minny is desperate and see how wiggins fares.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I hope this happens. Minnesota loves point guards, maybe we could swap Jeremy Lin for Andrew Wiggins.

Joking but with GM Khan it could happen lol.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
I hope this happens. Minnesota loves point guards, maybe we could swap Jeremy Lin for Andrew Wiggins.

Joking but with GM Khan it could happen lol.

Flip is their GM now.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

I think they should hold out. I think they can land Love at the deadline without including Wiggins.
Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

Haha exactly.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Wiggins and Bennett... the Wolves would be stupid to reject that.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Freakin' Dan Gilbert. Crying over us landing CP3 now this is on his plate?
Azarian
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject:

3 #1 draft pick for Kevin Love
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject:

56 wrote:
Freakin' Dan Gilbert. Crying over us landing CP3 now this is on his plate?

Jim Buss needs to shore up his crybaby-letter-writing skills, just in case this goes down.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject:

this guy had 20FTA today LOL wolves ripping cavs off. imagine if lebron gets injured and is not the same, they would be left with a no defense irving, no defense klove and slow and not as athletic lebron.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

If the Cavs trade Wiggins for Love, underperform this season, and see both Love and James leave next offseason, I'll be absolutely giddy. What font do you think Dan Gilbert would use then?

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
If the Cavs trade Wiggins for Love, underperform this season, and see both Love and James leave next offseason, I'll be absolutely giddy. What font do you think Dan Gilbert would use then?

That would be awesome.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14
Jump to: