Kevin Love trade thread - :: Trade is completed. -- Love to Cavs -- Wiggins/Bennett/Thad Young to TWolves -- Mbah a Moute/Shved/1strounder to 6ers. (PG. 11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject:

This deal will turn out to be one of the best trades in league history - for Minnesota. They've got a scary young core of players who all will have a chip on their shoulder with something to prove.

Wiggins will be out to prove that the Cav's lost on taking a major gamble in giving up a potential start.

Bennett has addressed his injury issue,as well as his sleep apnea and looked GREAT in summer league. He obviously will be playing with a chip on his shoulder to shed the "Bust" label.

Young is landing in a place that gives him a fresh start and has wanted him even before the Loveless fest.

Rubio has 4 athletic players who should excell running an up tempo game that better suits his skills.

And Lavine has matchup nightmare potential written all over him.

Minnesota has perhaps the best 1-5 YOUNG core I've ever seen.

And because of the woeful records of so many teams n the East over the past few years, most of the teams with the necessary assets to grab stars when the hit the market over the next 3 seasons will be East teams, so the East won't remain so woeful for more than another 2 season tops. If Bron and company can't pull off a ring next year (which I don't think they can) then Cleveland has a good chance of extending that record of futility. Lebron will be at that tricky age after next year where he can't really afford to take a shorter term deal to keep the flexibility to walk away if he see's the Cav's window closing on him. If they don't get a ring next year, he has to decide between becoming the most hated man in pro sports history by ditching Cleveland AGAIN (Which I don't think will happen in a million years) or chance signing a 3 year deal whilst his skills start to decline with his athleticism based game, or ink himself to a full term max deal with no potential window for a ring.

I think Minnesota got the better of this deal on all fronts. And how will a titleless Cleveland treat Lebron if he was unable to get them over the hump TWICE, incl in his prime with an awesome support cast?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
This deal will turn out to be one of the best trades in league history - for Minnesota. They've got a scary young core of players who all will have a chip on their shoulder with something to prove.

Wiggins will be out to prove that the Cav's lost on taking a major gamble in giving up a potential start.

Bennett has addressed his injury issue,as well as his sleep apnea and looked GREAT in summer league. He obviously will be playing with a chip on his shoulder to shed the "Bust" label.

Young is landing in a place that gives him a fresh start and has wanted him even before the Loveless fest.

Rubio has 4 athletic players who should excell running an up tempo game that better suits his skills.

And Lavine has matchup nightmare potential written all over him.

Minnesota has perhaps the best 1-5 YOUNG core I've ever seen.

And because of the woeful records of so many teams n the East over the past few years, most of the teams with the necessary assets to grab stars when the hit the market over the next 3 seasons will be East teams, so the East won't remain so woeful for more than another 2 season tops. If Bron and company can't pull off a ring next year (which I don't think they can) then Cleveland has a good chance of extending that record of futility. Lebron will be at that tricky age after next year where he can't really afford to take a shorter term deal to keep the flexibility to walk away if he see's the Cav's window closing on him. If they don't get a ring next year, he has to decide between becoming the most hated man in pro sports history by ditching Cleveland AGAIN (Which I don't think will happen in a million years) or chance signing a 3 year deal whilst his skills start to decline with his athleticism based game, or ink himself to a full term max deal with no potential window for a ring.

I think Minnesota got the better of this deal on all fronts. And how will a titleless Cleveland treat Lebron if he was unable to get them over the hump TWICE, incl in his prime with an awesome support cast?

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Well, I think the T-Wolves made a smart deal, getting something this good for a player intent on leaving ASAP. They have netted enough talent and front court content now to salve wounds of local fans for a while.

The Cavs improve themselves theoretically, if Kevin Love remains relatively healthy for the next three years. He does tend to miss time, but the kid can rebound and shoot too. To me, the Cav future swings equally heavily on ball-dominant LeBron sharing the ball with guards who can make jumpers. It's unclear whether he has enough of, or the right mix of, that type of roster help right now.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject:

30 wrote:
Quote:
Brian Windhorst ✔ @WindhorstESPN
In summary: Kevin Love to Cavs, Wiggins, Bennett, Young to Wolves; Barea, Shved, Heat 2015 1st to Philly.

If Bennett and Wiggins reach their potential then the Wolves are going to make waves.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Put Garnett on a good team early in his career and he could be in the GOAT discussion.

KG could've had Duncan's career if he was the one with Pop.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

kwyitkilla wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Cavs are the clear favorites to win the east....there is no other team that is close. Pretty sad but the Eastern conference is a joke.

Chicago...

You mean the team that lost to Washington in the first round?

And Derek Rose missed practices and a game because he was sore after the game against Brazil. I won't believe he can play around 100 games (82 game season plus playoffs) until I see it. Playing limited minutes in a 40 minute exhibition game on a team loaded with stars was too much for him.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject:

#Basketballreasons
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Minny got a lot for an all star that was going to leave the franchise....now the question is will these guys ever reach their potential? The last iteration of the Wolves never did that.
mastersworddude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
kwyitkilla wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Cavs are the clear favorites to win the east....there is no other team that is close. Pretty sad but the Eastern conference is a joke.

Chicago...

And Derek Rose missed practices and a game because he was sore after the game against Brazil. I won't believe he can play around 100 games (82 game season plus playoffs) until I see it. Playing limited minutes in a 40 minute exhibition game on a team loaded with stars was too much for him.

Soreness is natural. After two knee surgeries I don't see how resting is a red flag.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Feels like Minny got the best out of this deal.

But why did Philly facilitate the deal? They just blatantly got ... nothing.
Mbah a Moute + pick for Young?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
Feels like Minny got the best out of this deal.

But why did Philly facilitate the deal? They just blatantly got ... nothing.
Mbah a Moute + pick for Young?

Philly going strong again this year.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

So when do the Cavs trolls start coming?

!...
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject:

It takes a dirty commissioner and whiny nba owners to stop the lakers and kobe.

F lebron.

F gilbert

F u stern
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
kwyitkilla wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Chicago...

You can say the same thing about Cleveland. How can Lebron win while Love and Irving are injured?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Have either Love or Irving ever made it to the playoffs?

!...
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject:

mastersworddude wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
kwyitkilla wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Chicago...

Soreness is natural. After two knee surgeries I don't see how resting is a red flag.

The question is, if it becomes a hinderance long term.

If he has continuous maintenance issues, I don't think he will be the MVP caliber player again. I remember Arenas after his similar two year stretch of knee injuries, always had problems because of soreness.

We will know soon enough, making it through 82 games will provide all the answers regarding his knee.
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Did you even watch Bennett in Summer League? He looked far from great, unless you mean great compared to how legendarily awful he looked last year. His stats were pedestrian, he still can't hit a three pointer to save his life despite the fact that he was marketed as a stretch four, he was terrible on defense, and he basically chucked up a shot every time he got the ball whether it was a good one or not.

He had a couple of nice dunks, but beyond that he didn't really showcase much that made him look special or like he'd be an elite player in the league.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

Lebron is in for a rude awakening when he realizes that Irving and Love are not as good as Bosh and Wade... YES I SAID IT!
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

They're good on paper, lets see what happens on the court.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

Nope and we all know that these two aren't better than Bosh/Wade were for him but Bosh/Wade are on the wrong side of 30. LeBron will be 30 in December he also knows that as he gets older he won't be able to carry the team and needs people around him to be younger(see Tim Duncan) for this to even work.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

Nope and we all know that these two aren't better than Bosh/Wade were for him but Bosh/Wade are on the wrong side of 30. LeBron will be 30 in December he also knows that as he gets older he won't be able to carry the team and needs people around him to be younger(see Tim Duncan) for this to even work.

Which is why he should have not requested that they trade Wiggins for Love.

Love and Kyrie both don't play defense, which means it's an even bigger strain on him to make up for that. They are also both injury prone, who knows when either of them will suffer another injury, but at this point, we know it's likely to happen. If(when) it does, an even bigger strain on him.

This guy has been to 4 consecutive finals, and he's about to hit 30. Will he be able to carry this team? If they play SA in the finals again, how on Earth will they be able to defend them? I can just imagine Love and Kyrie trying to keep up with those rotations.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject:

it would be funny if Miami sans Lebron plays Cavs with Lebron in the Eastern Finals. Healthy Wade and Bosh>Klove and Irving. And Deng is a pretty tough defender and he will hold his own against Lebron. I hope Miami's big 3 knocks Cavs big 3 outta the playoffs
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
it would be funny if Miami sans Lebron plays Cavs with Lebron in the Eastern Finals. Healthy Wade and Bosh>Klove and Irving. And Deng is a pretty tough defender and he will hold his own against Lebron. I hope Miami's big 3 knocks Cavs big 3 outta the playoffs

I want to see the Heat do really well this year.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

Lebron is in for a rude awakening when he realizes that Irving and Love are not as good as Bosh and Wade... YES I SAID IT!

This +10000

Bosh is so underrated that isn't funny. He is the reason they beat the Spurs last year
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:

I want to see the Heat do really well this year.

I don't. I hate LeBatard and Sedano too much. I want them to suffer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14
Jump to: