OFFICIAL BOOZER THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
nash wrote:
I find LG faith in Randle disturbing.

Let him show us he can play with big boys before promoting him to our next great big man status.

i think he's being hyped per usual, for a top 5 pick type of player (most think Randle is a top 5 player in this draft class)
top 5 picks come with all star expectations. the best way to groom a future all star, is all we want.
future all star is the hype here , not "next great Laker big man HOFer"

it's not just that.. i think he is the 5th best player in the draft, but this is a deep draft. in a regular year, he'd be a top 3 pick easily.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
LOL. Goodness gracious. All-star? He lost his way out of the rotation because he couldn't play any defense to save his life. Gibson and Noah were a much better defensive pairing than any combination of players that Boozer played with during his time in Chicago.

I think he could be effective in limited minutes and against other teams 2nd units, but an All-star. I don't see it. He'll have to worry about competing for a starting position against a 19 year old rookie.

It's funny to see people place so much faith in boozer. A guy who couldn't crack the 4th quarter rotation on the bulls. And then they turn around and find the faith in Randle disturbing. At least Randle hasn't stepped a single minute on the nba court yet.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
nash wrote:
I find LG faith in Randle disturbing.

Let him show us he can play with big boys before promoting him to our next great big man status.

i think he's being hyped per usual, for a top 5 pick type of player (most think Randle is a top 5 player in this draft class)
top 5 picks come with all star expectations. the best way to groom a future all star, is all we want.
future all star is the hype here , not "next great Laker big man HOFer"

it's not just that.. i think he is the 5th best player in the draft, but this is a deep draft. in a regular year, he'd be a top 3 pick easily.

exactly
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
LOL. Goodness gracious. All-star? He lost his way out of the rotation because he couldn't play any defense to save his life. Gibson and Noah were a much better defensive pairing than any combination of players that Boozer played with during his time in Chicago.

I think he could be effective in limited minutes and against other teams 2nd units, but an All-star. I don't see it. He'll have to worry about competing for a starting position against a 19 year old rookie.

It's funny to see people place so much faith in boozer. A guy who couldn't crack the 4th quarter rotation on the bulls. And then they turn around and find the faith in Randle disturbing. At least Randle hasn't stepped a single minute on the nba court yet.

I think a balanced perspective is key. I'll let training camp and Scott decide whether or not Randle starts or is on the bench. Boozer can be influential in the aspect of mentoring Randle and another body that Randle can practice against to develop his game. If Boozer can contribute on the basketball floor productively, which I think he can in a limited role, that's a plus.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

Boozer is a solid player.

Randle hasn't proven anything yet.

Randle might take that starting spot, but he needs to earn it. As of right now, the one that has proven the ability to play competitively in the NBA is Boozer.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Randle off the bench would be good because he'll do more in the 2nd unit. Kinda like Odom off the bench.
mettaElbow
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject:

of course boozer gonna start, hes no where near 16m player any more, but he does fine as a starter
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

Boozer is a solid player.

Randle hasn't proven anything yet.

Randle might take that starting spot, but he needs to earn it. As of right now, the one that has proven the ability to play competitively in the NBA is Boozer.

Except no one is saying that Randle shouldn't be earning his spot. At least I haven't said that Randle should automatically start. I think some people are just reading too much into it. What I said is that if Randle outplays Boozer in training camp, he should start. Some people seem to want Randle to come off the bench regardless just because he's a rookie.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
Randle off the bench would be good because he'll do more in the 2nd unit. Kinda like Odom off the bench.

So would boozer.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject:

i think you start booze in the beginning--if only just to send the message to the rookies that everything is EARNED and not GIVEN. he's proven and solid. bring randle off the bench but give him big minutes with an eye on starting him later in the season if he launches. this team is in rebuild mode--there's no sense in baby-stepping randle. throw him in the deep end and see if he swims. he sure looks like he will.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject:

No matter what happens.... Boozer's name will always make me smile.
bawller
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Does Boozer still have his mid-range J? It'll be beautiful playing P&R with Lin if he still does.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject:

bawller wrote:
Does Boozer still have his mid-range J? It'll be beautiful playing P&R with Lin if he still does.

He averaged about 10 pts (42FG%) 24 mins played during the 13-14 Playoffs versus Wizards.

Not exactly a corner stone, but better than nothing.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:

Would rather have a vet play with the 2nd unit than a raw rookie.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

guys, your all wrong, Boozers gonna play @ the 3

Quote:
Boozer is penciled in as the Lakers' starting small forward, although he has played power forward throughout his 12-year NBA career.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234430/Lakers-Pencil-In-Carlos-Boozer-As-Starting-Small-Forward

im really glad pencils have erasers. I wonder which genius labeled him a 3 after hes played the 4/5 his whole career.

Last edited by JeezyXVII on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
bawller wrote:

He averaged about 10 pts (42FG%) 24 mins played during the 13-14 Playoffs versus Wizards.

Not exactly a corner stone, but better than nothing.

its kind of hard to get in a groove when you sit out the whole quarter, play a quarter, then sit out another 1 and play another 1. that's a ridiculous move to pull on someone who can actually contribute. I hope Scott doesn't do that too Boozer.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Nothing destroys a rookie faster than putting all the burden on them when they are trying to learn on the job. Love Randle, but he needs to develop. You give a savvy veteran like Boozer the starting job and let Randle work his way into the starting lineup.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:

How beastly would a Nash, Young, Xavier, Kelly (or Davis or Sacre) and Randle line-up be. Most opposing benches wouldn't be able to handle a line-up like that as evidenced last year
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

Quote:
Boozer is penciled in as the Lakers' starting small forward, although he has played power forward throughout his 12-year NBA career.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234430/Lakers-Pencil-In-Carlos-Boozer-As-Starting-Small-Forward

im really glad pencils have erasers. I wonder which genius labeled him a 3 after hes played the 4/5 his whole career.

Wat
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Carlos Boozer is only 32, for some reason I thought he was much older. He still has some life in him, he keeps in shape and has that money jumper. Randle can learn a lot from him, I dig how we have Nash mentoring Lin and Boozer mentoring Randle.
ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

Quote:

Wat

This true?

R.Hibbert, wearing purple & gold next year = my pipe-dream... Lolz
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject:

Boozer would need to lose a lot of weight and work on his foot-speed to play the SF.... that article seems like a typo..... he has a clear-cut PF body now if it was Kelly playing the 3 spot I would understand cause he has nice footspeed and can keep up with other SF's.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject:

I don't know what's more stunted- the writer of that article, or people thinking that it reflects official Laker plans.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

So we dont have a coach , nor do we know the system well play, but we know boozer is penciled in as a sf right?...
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

ginia1110 wrote:
rybee wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

Quote:

Wat

This true?

It has to be completely false. The coach decides who plays where and when. Our coach hasn't even officially been signed, let alone run a practice. Nobody but Byron Scott and Mitch have a clue about the rotations.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 16 of 26
Jump to: