Lakers are going with what seems like an All Offensive Team..WHY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:
These Lakers are a joke
I'm already sick of this season

bye!
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject:

NYClakerguy wrote:
it's because we lost Gasol, who is basically Ed Davis, Carlos Boozer and Jordan Hill combined.

Hahahahaha. 2008 to 2010 Gasol Maybe. But not 2014 Gasol. Sorry, he was washed up and disconnected. Hopefully the change of scenery will make him hungry again. Problem is Rose is very delicate. They are not going anywhere without him. Gasol is always out muscled so good luck.
Purp&Gold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I think lebron is a average defender.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

driver wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
These Lakers are a joke

There's a lot of teams in the NBA. They are looking for fans as well.

Yeah, you should prospect. Because if you're happy with what the Lakers are doing, then something is wrong and you are not a Laker fan

PS: why nobody can say they're not happy without getting called "not true fans"? I mean, you're probably too dumb to answer that question anyway.

That board is crazy. Somebody isn't fully happy with the Lakers tanking? Then he should go support an other team.
Do you realize how stupid this is? How in hell could you have debates and discussions if you refuse any opposing opinion?
Something is seriously wrong with people. Intolerance is at a level never ever seen before in humanity. People can't stand people not agreeing.

Well, to me the Laker fan is the one not happy with the Lakers throwing away an other season.

Last edited by Romano338 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
KendrickLamar wrote:
Saying Harden is a below average defender is being extremely generous

Harden gave Kobe a lot of problems in their matchups a few years ago. It takes a lot of bad defense to make people forget about a little good defense.

Harden shot 38% i believe in that series due to having to guard Kobe. Let's also not pretend that sefalosha was Bryant's main defender
slestack11
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:

In addition to the 6 PF/C players the Lakers have accumulated, they seem to also have a glut of point guards now too. After drafting Jordan Clarkson and trading for Jeremy Lin, the Lakers have 4 point guards on the roster too...Lin, Clarkson, Marshall, and Nash. So that means 10 of the players on their roster are either PG or PF/C
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:
driver wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
These Lakers are a joke

Yeah, you should prospect. Because if you're happy with what the Lakers are doing, then something is wrong and you are not a Laker fan

PS: why nobody can say they're not happy without getting called "not true fans"? I mean, you're probably too dumb to answer that question anyway.

There's nothing wrong with being upset, but making a general ass of yourself and saying everyone else is wrong for not sharing the same feelings as you is what is annoying.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
driver wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
These Lakers are a joke

There's nothing wrong with being upset, but making a general ass out of yourself and saying everyone else is wrong for not sharing the same feelings as you is what is annoying.

In what universe is it "making a general ass out of yourself and saying everyone else " to say that these Lakers are a joke and I'm sick of this season?
Please explain, I think that could be interesting.
I don't see how this could be different to saying "I'm happy with signing Boozer and with what the Lakers are doing".
Both are just an expression of what you feel. Expect one is similar to yours, the other one is the opposite. So you reject the opposite because... well, it's the opposite.
That's called intolerance.
Playmaker1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are going with what seems like an All Offensive Team..WHY?

postandpivot wrote:

lets take a look at some star players.

LBJ-Defender
parker-average defender
Blake griffin-turnstile
CP3-slight above average defender
irving-turnstile
john wall-average defender
westbrook -slightly above average defender
curry-below average defender
Melo-below average defender
Lemarcus-below average defender
Love-below average defender
Dwight-above average defender(use to be great)
harden-below average defender
Durant-average defender

Not so sure about these
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Weird. When you mash these breads together, they make more sense...
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
I think it's never defense win championship or offense win championship...

it's always a combination of both.

Pacers was a great defensive team last year, but why do they fail to beat the Heat again? Cuz their offense was god awful.

Spurs won because they could do both scoring and defend.

If you have efficient offense like the Spurs did, it's going to help you on defense. Since it allows to get back to defend in half court. Also when players are scoring, they tend to play more energy on the defensive end. Then having good half court defense could lead to more possessions on the offense or fast break.

So ya, having a great efficient offensive team will or should help on the defensive end. Lakers definitely need more balance scoring than rely on Kobe, at least we want to save Kobe for the playoff.

Defense does win championships. Look at the 2004 Pistons for example. They sucked on offense. They were 24th on offense and 1st on defense that year.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:
srm90 wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
driver wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
These Lakers are a joke

There's nothing wrong with being upset, but making a general ass out of yourself and saying everyone else is wrong for not sharing the same feelings as you is what is annoying.

In what universe is it "making a general ass out of yourself and saying everyone else " to say that these Lakers are a joke and I'm sick of this season?
I don't see how this could be different to saying "I'm happy with signing Boozer and with what the Lakers are doing".
Both are just an expression of what you feel. Expect one is similar to yours, the other one is the opposite. So you reject the opposite because... well, it's the opposite.

The first post you quoted was merely a response to the incessant P&Ming throughout this entire board. It grows tiresome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:
srm90 wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
driver wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
These Lakers are a joke

At some point, if you show up in the lobby every night and loudly tell everyone how bad the play is, you're not just expressing an opinion. "This team is a joke" does not rise to the level of even a competent review of the play. Opinions are welcome , endless, pointless bellyaching devoid of even mildly intriguing content, not so much.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

So how is this thread different from the Front Office P&M Thread?
hitmankb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Do we really need 5 Power Forwards on the roster?

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Ed Davis (6-10), Carlos Boozer (6-9), Jordan Hill (6-10), Ryan Kelly (6-11), Julius Randal (6-9).

Please tell me we are trading a PF or two for another position player.

If they sign Elton Brand or Andray Blatche next, I give up.

Is there any chance we sign or sign and trade for a Greg Monroe or Eric Bledsoe?
Hill and Davis will play the 5, boozer and randle will play the 4, kelly if resigned is a stretch 4 which boozer and randle are not. If gasol was still on the team he would be playing the 5.
AllorNothing on Ron Artest
Quote:
He should be let go of his contract by the Kings to pursue a topnotch psychiatrist in LA.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject:

I'm going to give certain posters here the benefit of the doubt and assume they are not native English speakers. While I get the gist of what they are saying, as in I understand you are upset, I really have no idea if there's a specific point trying to be made beyond blah blah blah, team's a joke, blah blah blah, team should tank, blah blah blah.

As has been pointed out, if you don't like the show, find another one to watch.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
No, but we need at least another five random complaint threads...

But he said "Official" + his opinion. I bet if he just put out a random P&M thread, you mods be merging it so fast.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject:

Was pnp's initial post a complaint?

I thought it was an observation about how is wage is changing. League rules keep getting added that have made it harder to play effective defense. As a result, the league is moving towards focusing on offense.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject:

KendrickLamar wrote:
Saying Harden is a below average defender is being extremely generous
what i'm saying is the nba as a whole is awful on defense.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Was pnp's initial post a complaint?

I thought it was an observation about how is wage is changing. League rules keep getting added that have made it harder to play effective defense. As a result, the league is moving towards focusing on offense.
a mod got me and changed that title. i didnt even notice. thats why i lost track of the thread. i guess the title they changed it to is how THEY felt. not me of course.

postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
So how is this thread different from the Front Office P&M Thread?
it was neve a P&M thread. someone change my title. dont know who. my title was the first sentence in my post. i just found the topic again and changed it back.
Azarian
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Tim Duncan made the Spurs defense very good in the Finals, don't discredit the Spur's defense
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Azarian wrote:
Tim Duncan made the Spurs defense very good in the Finals, don't discredit the Spur's defense

Actually coaching made the Spur's defense good.
Timmy's d has dropped a lot as he's aged.
The guys play team defense.

And not to mention, their offense is so good, that Miami had to play a lot of half court offense. People seem to not realize that a great offense helps with the defense because the other team is limited in fast break opportunities.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:

because Bill Murray is going to coach this team... and we all know that he does not play defense.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Morgan Freeman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject:

You don't need great 1v1 defenders to be a great team.

What's more important is team defense which is the job of the future coach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: