This seriously brought a tear to my eye

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: This seriously brought a tear to my eye

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=232983566825612&fref=nf

This is soooo jacked up. We as a society really need to make some changes. This is heartbreaking.

TV, media, etc... So many of these so-called progressive institutions still out there giving kids a false perception of beauty and value.

Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

Dumb ass parents don't give their kids enough praise and love to build their confidence. Ever since I was a tiny beast my mom and other family members always told me how much they loved me, how handsome and cute I was, etc. Even though it may have all been BS it (bleep) works. It instilled insane confidence which in turn keeps me kind and humble, and it's probably the reason why I believe I'm (bleep) unstoppable.

Tell your kids everyday how much they're loved and how awesome they are. Just lie if anything.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Dumb ass parents don't give their kids enough praise and love to build their confidence. Ever since I was a tiny beast my mom and other family members always told me how much they loved me, how handsome and cute I was, etc. Even though it may have all been BS it (bleep) works. It instilled insane confidence which in turn keeps me kind and humble, and it's probably the reason why I believe I'm (bleep) unstoppable.

Tell your kids everyday how much they're loved and how awesome they are. Just lie if anything.

I Love you man and you are 100% correct.. It is as simple as growing a plant.. Give that plant the right nutrition and it will thrive..

Could you imagine if Christopher Robin told Winnie the Pooh he was fat stupid ugly lazy and mentally insufficient...
No he didn't. And that is why Pooh is just so awesome...

I have not clicked the link yet.. I wanted to respond to your awesomeness first

I recently met with my wise 80 year old friend in the park who used to be a psychologist and counselor. He told me one of the best things he gave to his clients was his Contentment.

Now I will read the story.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject:

Maybe it is a good thing I don't have Facebook account.. The replies already imply much sadness...

Got direct link?

I would like to see how this tikes life turns out
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1jcwNyMpT2A
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

.....jesus.
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

The world is a s-hitty place..bums me out
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

I tell my kids everyday that I love them and that they're awesome! THey're little now but I will keep saying forever!
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:

I make sure to build up my son every day.

He's 6 yrs old now... and now my concern is that he's too arrogant. lol

He's not a jerk or anything, but he's an extreme attention seeker and gets in everyone's business. (I guess sort of normal for 6 yr olds) The worst part is that if he interrupts people, like other kids talking, he will most often succeed in getting all the attention on himself. So he's getting this huge ego. lol
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Maybe it is a good thing I don't have Facebook account.. The replies already imply much sadness...

Got direct link?

I would like to see how this tikes life turns out
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1jcwNyMpT2A

I don't have a direct link. Sorry.

It requires a Facebook account to view? That's lame.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

I make sure to build up my son every day.

He's 6 yrs old now... and now my concern is that he's too arrogant. lol

He's not a jerk or anything, but he's an extreme attention seeker and gets in everyone's business. (I guess sort of normal for 6 yr olds) The worst part is that if he interrupts people, like other kids talking, he will most often succeed in getting all the attention on himself. So he's getting this huge ego. lol

that's what I'm worried about with my son too. He's almost two and we always tell him how good he is, handsome, etc. I gotta try to find the balance.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:

Very sad if that's true .... but there were a lot of hard cuts in there. Hmmm.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

This is what is sounds like when doves cry...
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
lol. there's always one.
lets say they made it all up. what do we know about america in regards to white vs black racism?

we know that whites have made white women specifically the standard of beauty. which is why you have people of all colors messing up their hair trying to dye it blonde. burning their hair with chemicals trying to make it straight. Last but not least, this is why you hear so many black girls/boys talking about other black girls that have short hair, saying its a bad thing(no matter how cute the girl may be) and long hair is a good thing. this all comes from a learned perception of beauty. that is barbie.

So one way or another this is true. video or no video.

and people wonder why black people have issues. this is what happens with centuries of brainwashing. you start to hate yourself and people that look just like you.

this is why other nationalities cant always understand why they can come here to america and do so well while blacks cant in some situations. self hate can hold a person back from being someone great.
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lol. there's always one.
lets say they made it all up. what do we know about america in regards to white vs black racism?

we know that whites have made white women specifically the standard of beauty. which is why you have people of all colors messing up their hair trying to dye it blonde. burning their hair with chemicals trying to make it straight. Last but not least, this is why you hear so many black girls/boys talking about other black girls that have short hair, saying its a bad thing(no matter how cute the girl may be) and long hair is a good thing. this all comes from a learned perception of beauty. that is barbie.

and people wonder why black people have issues. this is what happens with centuries of brainwashing. you start to hate yourself and people that look just like you.

this is why other nationalities cant always understand why they can come here to america and do so well while blacks cant in some situations. self hate can hold a person back from being someone great.

How long are you going to play the victim card?

Those kids in the video haven't been through "centuries of brainwashing."

You say Cliven Bundy is a racist yet you're not saying much that's different from him.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject:

Splash1 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lol. there's always one.

You say Cliven Bundy is a racist yet you're not saying much that's different from him.

America has been through "centuries of brain washing," or whatever name you wish to label society's conditioning. Past generations are raising those kids to think the same way as everyone else.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject:

Splash1 wrote:

You say Cliven Bundy is a racist

Cliven Bundy isn't a racist?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

Splash1 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lol. there's always one.

as long as people that look like me are victims.

how long are you going to play the opppressor card and act as if you havent victimized people of color in the past, while reaping the benefits of it today. while still victimizing people of color to day. wash, rinse, repeat.

you dont have to lynch someone to oppress them.
Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Why would black kids say things like that to black dolls? Are their parents white supremacists and telling them that? Where is the rest of this mind controlling (bleep) video?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that is so (bleep) sad. Very painful to watch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: