Ed Davis vs Hill, Boozer vs Randle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
C - Hill/Davis

I like Davis more than Hill, but Hill will get the start.
But Hill is most affective in shorter minutes, so I'd like to see Hill/Davis platoon the C spot. Davis can play. He needs a nice chunk of solid, consistent minutes.
And I'm sure Booz, in certain situations, will get some burn at C, too.

PF - Boozer/Randle

Booz will start. He's, obviously, the more experienced PF. Randle will/should be brought along slowly. As beastly as he should end up being, he has much to learn.

Hopefully, Scott can find some minutes for Kelly in there somewhere. His shooting/skills/smarts need be utilized.

I agree that Hill and Boozer will start. And both should.

Hill has played like an absolute beast for the Lakers when his minutes are limited and he stays healthy. If healthy, Jordan Hill is very very effective. Start Hill, but play Davis almost as much off the bench.

Same thing at PF. Boozer is a steal for what the Lakers got him at, smart player and will provide some much need toughness. You don't start Randle at age 19, in fact Boozer and even Kelly see minutes here while Randle develops.

Some nice signing by Mitch as bargains after the questionable Young signing and the potentially overpaying for Hill.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Davis vs. Hill at center last season (both played roughly 20% of the teams available minutes at center). Since this is just center minutes its all Per48.

eFG%:

Davis: 62.3%
Hill: 53.2%

Rebounds:

Davis: 12.2
Hill: 19.2

Assists:

Davis: 1.1
Hill: 2.8

Blocks:

Davis: 2.2
Hill: 2.7

Fouls:

Davis: 5.6
Hill: 5.7

Davis: 21.8
Hill: 25.7

PER:

Davis: 21.6
Hill: 25.4

Opponents eFG:

Davis: 51.8%
Hill: 52.9%

Opponents Points:

Davis: 15.2
Hill: 22.0

Opponents Rebounds:

Davis: 11.6
Hill: 15.6

Opponents PER:

Davis: 14.8
Hill: 19.6

Points Differential:

Davis: +6.7
Hill: +3.7

Rebounds Differential:

Davis: +0.6
Hill: +3.6

PER Differential:

Davis: +6.8
Hill: +5.8

Good stuff JC
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Did anthony davis, aldridge, griffin etc come off the bench?

why the hell would we bench randle? so he can play against crappy PFs? how is that going to elevate his game?

Reason why davis came in firing is because he played for team USA and it helped him. Start the kid, the faster he grows the better for our teams future.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

why the hell would we bench randle? so he can play against crappy PFs? how is that going to elevate his game?

Reason why davis came in firing is because he played for team USA and it helped him. Start the kid, the faster he grows the better for our teams future.

Don't worry Randle will play 15-20 mpg to start the year and based on what he does, it will go up or stagnate.

I can promise you one thing, he won't be starting at PF to begin the season.

BTW, those guys you listed were all #1 or #2 picks
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate

Last edited by KobeRe-Loaded on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject:

PG.lin / clarkson
SG.kobe / young
SF.wesley / xavier
PF.randle 30mpg / boozer 18mpg
C.Davis 24mpg / hill 24mpg

starting boozer would be for a team that intends on being mediocre for years to come. We need a star, and randle is all the hope we have.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I rather see Boozer start and Randle come off the bench. If Randle turns out to be a really good player, he will eventually start over Boozer about mid way through the season.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
I rather see Boozer start and Randle come off the bench. If Randle turns out to be a really good player, he will eventually start over Boozer about mid way through the season.

Yup, Randle needs to earn the starting spot.

Anyways, it will be good for Randle to learn from Boozer and play 15-20 mpg for at least 1/3 of the season.
#Avatar-gate
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Anyways, it will be good for Randle to learn from Boozer and play 15-20 mpg for at least 1/3 of the season.

sitting is not how you improve in the game of basketball. you need to test what moves work / get used to the speed of the game, etc. the Lakers FO will have Randle playing solid minutes the whole year for that reason. preferably against starting talent , there's a different speed/difficulty with first unit players

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
PassTheBooze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I would love to see Davis/Hill frontcourt at times for defensive purposes
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Hill and boozer should start in my opinion. If I had to guess right now, Boozer will be our second leading scorer this season. Would love to poll LG for who they think will be our second leading scorer next season...but I don't make threads anymore.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Hill and boozer should start in my opinion. If I had to guess right now, Boozer will be our second leading scorer this season. Would love to poll LG for who they think will be our second leading scorer next season...but I don't make threads anymore.

Threadaphobe? Mark Jackson fan? eh!?
Morgan Freeman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Unless Randle is a monster in training camp, I would start Boozer too.

Don't worry, Randle will still get his fair share of minutes and sitting on the bench is not necessarily a bad thing for a rookie.

When you are on the bench you are in a calmer state and can see the team's offense and defense better.

I believe our coach would be smart enough to adjust the players minutes based on individual performance throughout the season.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

sitting is not how you improve in the game of basketball. you need to test what moves work / get used to the speed of the game, etc. the Lakers FO will have Randle playing solid minutes the whole year for that reason. preferably against starting talent , there's a different speed/difficulty with first unit players

LOL, Lakers can be patient. If YOU actually read what I wrote - I want Randle to start off by playing 15-20 mpg to get a better feel. Pros vs College are totally different games. Why psychologically mess with him by throwing him to the Wolves? Is there something wrong to let him backup a former All Star like Boozer who probably knows many tricks of the trade? If Randle is steady and improves, I don't see why wouldn't be playing 25 mpg by seasons end.
#Avatar-gate
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:

Yup, I think Clarkson, Swaggy P, Randle and Davis off the bench can bring a lot of energy and excitement, and that's exactly what you want from ur 2nd unit.

But during the closing out moments, I would definitely have Randle over Boozer. Like Thibb did with the Bulls, always had Gibson play in the end of the game instead of Boozer.

it would depend on how well Randle shoots free throws also. if the Lakers are losing, it would be matchups.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

that's what practice is for. if he shows well in practice he will play. the Lakers are not a team that needs to play their high draft picks right away. yes this team is lacking in overall talent (due to various reasons such as age) but anointing Randle as the starting PF would be a bad move. expect Randle to play no more than 20 mpg this season for an average rookie year. if he plays better, more minutes. if injuries to other players (hill) then more minutes.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

boozer started 54 of 81 games his rookie year, but only averaged 25.3 mpg. starting and minutes are 2 different things. if the Lakers are really bad, randle playing well, boozer not playing well, of course randle will eventually get the starting nod. but putting randle in against an opponent's backup PF and getting him confidence and adjusted to the NBA grind is more important for his development than whether he starts or not.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject:

all depends on what the F.O. thinks the best strategy for developing a future all star is. if they think its to play him 25-30minutes, then he will. Boozer isnt significantly better than Ranlde to the point where a coach would be sabotaging his team by playing Randle over Booz. (i dont think Boozer is better than Randle at all anyway).
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Rookie seasons

Blake Griffin
38.0 mpg

Anthony Davis
29.0 mpg

Tim Duncan
39.0 mpg

Karl Malone
31.0 mpg

Kevin Garnett
29.0 mpg

Charles Barkley
28.0 mpg

not sure why you wanna give randle 20 minutes a game.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Ed Davis over Hill and Randle over Boozer. Randle is way more talented and athletic than boozer. He deserves a starting spot as a rookie.

What's wrong with letting Randle PROVE he deserves the starting spot? Love LG.

So when Kobe came into his 2nd year and was clearly better than Eddie Jones, how come Kobe didn't get the starting gig?

Yeah, I keep passing Rivershow posts and they're all quite pro-Randle. He likes the pick, evidently.

Worthy... 1st pick of draft... had to prove himself against Rambis(!) and what's more, James admits that Kurt initially busted him in practice and such(!1).
DipNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Rookie seasons

Blake Griffin
38.0 mpg

Anthony Davis
29.0 mpg

Tim Duncan
39.0 mpg

Karl Malone
31.0 mpg

Kevin Garnett
29.0 mpg

Charles Barkley
28.0 mpg

not sure why you wanna give randle 20 minutes a game.

Agreed I want him in that 25 to 30 mpg range depending on his conditioning.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Ed Davis over Hill and Randle over Boozer. Randle is way more talented and athletic than boozer. He deserves a starting spot as a rookie.

So when Kobe came into his 2nd year and was clearly better than Eddie Jones, how come Kobe didn't get the starting gig?

Yeah, I keep passing Rivershow posts and they're all quite pro-Randle. He likes the pick, evidently.

Worthy... 1st pick of draft... had to prove himself against Rambis(!) and what's more, James admits that Kurt initially busted him in practice and such(!1).
against rambis, not a scrub like boozer.
mastersworddude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

To be fair Boozer is a newcomer as well.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see Randle get 32/34 minutes...But....

Believe that Randle will back up Boozer.

In the end Boozer and Randle will probably play a few minutes together.

I can see Boozer get 28 minutes/Randle 26 minutes/ Hill as the starter at center 27 minutes/Davis 15...Kelly looking to get time when injuries occur??..Sacre...Towels and water bottles....
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
watchME wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

kobe went into a championship team.

Is that right? So Kobe's rookie season was 1996 and the Lakers won a ring in 2000. Hmmmm

Dude your argument is brittle. Kobe went to a team:

1. That had just went to the second round of the playoffs

2. Had just signed a 24 year old beast that was the equivalent of Blake Griffin + 100 lbs and 5 inches and even more explosive if that seems possible.

3. Had a fringe all star point guard in NVE

4. Had a fringe all star SHOOTING GUARD in Eddie Jones

5. Had a actual all star small forward in ceballos

That team was stacked and had 4 all stars the next year. We just faced prime Stockton and Malone.

Weak sauce argument bro. Randle I'd like Kobe joining the 93 Lakers not the 96 Lakers. Kobe would start ahead of Reggie freaking Jordan!
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Hill over davis because hill can handle starting caliber centers better imo. Davis needs to split at least half the minutes with hill though because he'll burn out fast otherwise. Davis is a bit light vs the legit centers and that's a known weakness of his. Also there's no way we're paying hill 9m to come off the bench.

Then randle over boozer down the line when randle proves he's better for the spot. Boozer struggles to play any type of good d against starting caliber 4s. These are elite 4s were talking about. Just in the west we have griffin, ibaka, duncan, love, aldridge, dirk, zbo, faried. You think boozer can handle any of those guys esp at his age? Not even close. Randle will struggle against them too as a rook, but he has at least youth and athleticism on his side to bother at least some of those guys. Also kobe needs another legit creator who can get his own shot and I def think randle has that ability.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: