Lee Jenkins on Kobe Bryant video.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NanceJrFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Lee Jenkins on Kobe Bryant video.

Hi. This video aired on the night of Kobe's return from his achilles injury. I thought it would get more recognition than it did. I think it's a pretty good video. He pointed out some things that I didn't notice before (lipstick, stone cutter poem etc), hope you guys enjoy.

[/url]
[url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyAcR2KCJYU]
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Lee totally nailed it.

I have to say that this - and like videos- reminds me of two (2) things:

1. Kobe Bryant is so rare and special, both in how he plays the game and how much of himself he gives; and

2. How painful it is to know that the time is coming when I won't have the privilege of watching Kobe Bryant play basketball anymore.

That just hurts.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject:

And for those who did not get to see his 1st game back: 1st Game Post Achilles
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject:

This vid is really good, too:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Lee totally nailed it.

1. Kobe Bryant is so rare and special, both in how he plays the game and how much of himself he gives; and

2. How painful it is to know that the time is coming when I won't have the privilege of watching Kobe Bryant play basketball anymore.

That just hurts.

Yep. I feel the same way about him. For me and my personality and asthetic and demeanor, Kobe is far and away my favorite athlete of all time. It will hurt so much when he retires.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Lee Jenkins on Kobe Bryant video.

stoneplz wrote:
Hi. This video aired on the night of Kobe's return from his achilles injury. I thought it would get more recognition than it did. I think it's a pretty good video. He pointed out some things that I didn't notice before (lipstick, stone cutter poem etc), hope you guys enjoy.

[/url]

Yeah I forgot about that, that's pretty deep. No one knows how this season will turnout but we will all be rooting for Kobe Bryant. Hope he's able to be the assassin he has always been.
Megatron24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I really hope he's back.
KobefanMVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lee Jenkins on Kobe Bryant video.

stoneplz wrote:

[/url]

Thank you for posting this. I dont know how I missed this when it first came out.

Great video and the picture of the quote at the end of the video gives me goosebumps because the quote itself really has a lot to do with what Kobe's career has all been about. The tireless work ethic, the chipping away at the rock...

Great Stuff!
KobefanMVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
This vid is really good, too:

Yes, just posted this in the Kobe thread at Clublakers.com

Just a Spectacular video
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Young bald head kid from Philly makes good in L.A.
Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject:

I LOVE this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

Sticky this, this is the hope we Lakers fan cling to this upcoming season.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject:

Damn, that was a good-ass video. Fired me up.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject:

I remember everything from the night Los Angeles stopped. I remember the way my brother and I were sitting in the living room with stone faced looks as we stared at the TV without blinking. I remember swallowing hard and my stomach falling to the floor, I remember my heart sinking when he didn't hop up the way I'm used to seeing him after every hard hit. After what seemed like an eternity, I found my breath. I breathed hard and I remember turning my head and looking at his jersey hanging on my wall.

B. R. Y. A. N. T. Twenty Four.

That jersey didn't only identify Kobe. It stood for hope. It stood for passion. It stood for perfection.

I remember seeing my childhood fade in front of my eyes. Ever since I was a child, I had been watching Kobe tear up the hardwood and knock down any obstacle in his way. I remember watching myself fade.

And just as I was fading away, I saw him walk back out towards the free-throw line. And I remembered something else....

I remembered the duel with MJ in Kobe's rookie year. I remembered the two air balls in Utah. I remembered the assault case in Colorado. I remembered Kobe crying in San Antonio in 2003. I remembered the him holding back tears in 2004 after falling to the pistons. I remembered Kobe falling to the floor and grabbing his knee. I remembered Kobe breaking finger after finger and still not stopping to catch his breath. I remembered the tears on his face in 2008 after falling in Boston. I remembered Shaq rapping in some club and rubbing salt in our wounds. I remembered Kobe sprain ankle after ankle, knee after knee. And as these thoughts were flooding my mind...

I saw him knock down two free throws and walk into the darkness of the tunnel.

And I remember turning to my brother and I saw tears welling up in his eyes. I remember seeing the love that this man had instilled in our hearts. In a society where the word "love" is thrown around without hesitation and has almost lost its meaning, we love Kobe. We love him because he gives us happiness and promise.

Kobe endures all the pain and agony, and gives us excitement. Gives us happiness. All the broken fingers are his, but the steals and dunks are for us. The sprained ankles are his, but the blocks and rebounds are for us. The painful ice baths and knee treatments are his, but the points are for us. The hours, days, months and years of training are his, but the rings are for us.

I don't know what legacy he'll leave behind, I don't know if he's gonna win his 6th, I don't know how many points he'll score, I don't know how much longer he'll play.... But I know that the memories that he's given us will never fade. All the times I was jumping on my head and screaming in joy, all the times I was staring at the TV and crying, all the times I was biting my nails and sitting on the edge of my sofa... All those times were real.

I do know one thing... He's gonna play his heart out. He's not going down without a fight. He's instilled a fighting spirit in his fans. He has taught us that quitting is not an option. You may win, you may lose. But you never quit.

In an era where Shaq quit on the Lakers, Dwight quit on Orlando and the Lakers, LeBron quit on Cleveland and Miami. Kobe never quit. He kept fighting. Next year, while we may not be the best team in the league. We will have the guy with the biggest heart. We'll have a 5 time champion. And as someone once said... Never underestimate the heart of a champion.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Lee totally nailed it.

That just hurts.

(bleep) dude, im on the same boat.
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lee totally nailed it.

That just hurts.

(bleep) dudette, im on the same boat.

fixed
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
I remember everything from the night Los Angeles stopped. I remember the way my brother and I were sitting in the living room with stone faced looks as we stared at the TV without blinking. I remember swallowing hard and my stomach falling to the floor, I remember my heart sinking when he didn't hop up the way I'm used to seeing him after every hard hit. After what seemed like an eternity, I found my breath. I breathed hard and I remember turning my head and looking at his jersey hanging on my wall.

That jersey didn't only identify Kobe. It stood for hope. It stood for passion. It stood for perfection.

I remember seeing my childhood fade in front of my eyes. Ever since I was a child, I had been watching Kobe tear up the hardwood and knock down any obstacle in his way. I remember watching myself fade.

And just as I was fading away, I saw him walk back out towards the free-throw line. And I remembered something else....

I remembered the duel with MJ in Kobe's rookie year. I remembered the two air balls in Utah. I remembered the assault case in Colorado. I remembered Kobe crying in San Antonio in 2003. I remembered the him holding back tears in 2004 after falling to the pistons. I remembered Kobe falling to the floor and grabbing his knee. I remembered Kobe breaking finger after finger and still not stopping to catch his breath. I remembered the tears on his face in 2008 after falling in Boston. I remembered Shaq rapping in some club and rubbing salt in our wounds. I remembered Kobe sprain ankle after ankle, knee after knee. And as these thoughts were flooding my mind...

And I remember turning to my brother and I saw tears welling up in his eyes. I remember seeing the love that this man had instilled in our hearts. In a society where the word "love" is thrown around without hesitation and has almost lost its meaning, we love Kobe. We love him because he gives us happiness and promise.

Kobe endures all the pain and agony, and gives us excitement. Gives us happiness. All the broken fingers are his, but the steals and dunks are for us. The sprained ankles are his, but the blocks and rebounds are for us. The painful ice baths and knee treatments are his, but the points are for us. The hours, days, months and years of training are his, but the rings are for us.

I don't know what legacy he'll leave behind, I don't know if he's gonna win his 6th, I don't know how many points he'll score, I don't know how much longer he'll play.... But I know that the memories that he's given us will never fade. All the times I was jumping on my head and screaming in joy, all the times I was staring at the TV and crying, all the times I was biting my nails and sitting on the edge of my sofa... All those times were real.

I do know one thing... He's gonna play his heart out. He's not going down without a fight. He's instilled a fighting spirit in his fans. He has taught us that quitting is not an option. You may win, you may lose. But you never quit.

In an era where Shaq quit on the Lakers, Dwight quit on Orlando and the Lakers, LeBron quit on Cleveland and Miami. Kobe never quit. He kept fighting. Next year, while we may not be the best team in the league. We will have the guy with the biggest heart. We'll have a 5 time champion. And as someone once said... Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:

Well said.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:

FREEDOM!

That is some high quality writing skill. Send that ish to John Black and let him pass that around to either the current team or the fans or both...
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Lee totally nailed it.

That just hurts.

Thanks stoneplz for posting.

Also, this above gets to where I'm at with Kobe. It will be so hollow to know he won't ever play again. Kobe is such a Champion, in every respect.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:

Wow. Very nice post. Well done.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

It really irritates me when people or 'fans' on this board (and elsewhere) seemingly so easily and so effortlessly sweep Kobe Bryant aside and rubbish him, or the fact that he signed a generous 'thankyou' offer presented to him by the Lakers, etc, etc.....Kobe Bryant is a champion. Kobe Bryant is, however, NOT Michael Jordan or LeBron James, no. He is only Kobe Bryant. There has been and only ever will be one model made. There cannot be another one like him. Kobe Bryant is unique, special and should always be cherished as an individual and as a Laker.

Just the same as you should 'never underestimate the heart of a champion' (thanks '12'), you don't know what you've got until its gone.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Great video.
ProfessorKel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject:

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

- Jacob Riis
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject:

It's hard seeing any superstar finish their career, but it will be especially hard for Lakers fans with Kobe because you saw him come in as teen, endure all sorts of growing pains over the years, and spend roughly twenty years in purple and gold. We're at least twenty years from ever seeing that happen again
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: