colin cowherd show this morning
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: colin cowherd show this morning

i know your alot of you arent fans of the show but i was wondering did anyone hear when he said that the lakers need a salesman and that kobe is no salesman, i thought it was a good observation.. just me though

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject:

Don't like Cowherd. He says ridiculous things far too often.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: colin cowherd show this morning

DrWolf wrote:
i know your alot of you arent fans of the show but i was wondering did anyone hear when he said that the lakers need a salesman and that kobe is no salesman, i thought it was a good observation.. just me though

Lebron is no sales man, MJ is no sales man, i don't see what's wrong with that.

if the lakers really needed a sales man, they have MAGIC, but i highly doubt Jimmy wants anything to do with Magic.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

Did Colin talk about his vagina?
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

he mentioned it as in like a closer..

remember when dwight left and jeanie buss (who i dont respect anymore) we didnt have the "closer" to keep him from leaving? thats what he is alluding to more or less

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

Colin Cowherd says whatever he thinks will get attention. It's pretty stupid to listen to him and take his opinion seriously.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:

remember when dwight left and jeanie buss (who i dont respect anymore) we didnt have the "closer" to keep him from leaving? thats what he is alluding to more or less

It's stupid. Kobe is a 36 year old vet. The rockets had at the time parsons, lin and harden. That is a much more attractive situation than what the lakers had. It's that simple.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

It's stupid. Kobe is a 36 year old vet. The rockets had at the time parsons, lin and harden. That is a much more attractive situation than what the lakers had. It's that simple.

if this is because of Dwight Coward( who is the only super star that left LA via free agency), then we can't blame Kobe's sales man skills, it was pretty simple, if Kobe told him that last year was his last, then Dwight would've stayed.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject:

Alot of people in the media say whatever that will get the attention of their audience

This is no exception

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

if this is because of Dwight Coward( who is the only super star that left LA via free agency), then we can't blame Kobe's sales man skills, it was pretty simple, if Kobe told him that last year was his last, then Dwight would've stayed.

Maybe that too. I'm sure it played a role. But I don't know how much of a guarantee it would be to say that he would stay in LA if Kobe was leaving. The Lakers at the time had no young assets. Dwight would be going through a 3-4 year rebuild before he even got a chance at a legit title shot. Houston was being marketed as ready made for title aspirations and all that was missing was Dwight.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

I stopped listening to that jackass a long time ago!
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
I stopped listening to that jackass a long time ago!

Same here. Ever since the Delonte West/Lebron's mom rumors came out and he actually said he was not allowed to talk about it on the air that was it for me. Another ESPN puppet.
I Love LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject:

Kobe's job is to play basketball. The salesman is Mitch and Jim. Cowherd is just running his mouth.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject:

Cowterd is ridiculous, I actually listen to his show daily because my office radio is always set on espn radio, and if you even listen to him with any consistency he flip flops more than an out of water fish, you cant take a thing he says seriously, hes an arrogant jack _at_ ss, and you should think its very weird he spends 4 hours a day talking to himself, no one challenges him on his idiotic opinions. Like for instance saying Lebrons letter about returning to cleveland was as good as the Gettysburg Address, hes a Lebron panty wearer.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

i actually rank him 2nd worst behind Petros and Money, those two are laker/ Kobe haters, and it makes it even worst that they are local. .....
losers!!!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Maybe that too. I'm sure it played a role. But I don't know how much of a guarantee it would be to say that he would stay in LA if Kobe was leaving. The Lakers at the time had no young assets. Dwight would be going through a 3-4 year rebuild before he even got a chance at a legit title shot. Houston was being marketed as ready made for title aspirations and all that was missing was Dwight.

The reason Dwight left was because of Kobe though I'm not sure if I'm really that upset by that since I really soured on Dwight during his time here.

Kobe shouldn't have to sell anybody on coming here. He's not some unknown commodity. Everyone already knows who he is and what he can (and possibly now) can't do.

The reality is simple. Players aren't clamoring to play with him. Some are, sure, but they're not flocking to him the way they do with say, lebron James. That's not a knock on Kobe or praise on Lebron, it's just the truth.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
i actually rank him 2nd worst behind Petros and Money, those two are laker/ Kobe haters, and it makes it even worst that they are local. .....
losers!!!!

Petros=Celtics fan and Money = Bulls fan. I bet Money couldn't wait to get on the air when the Lakers switched to ESPN radio.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject:

This guy is a moron. Anything he says cant be taken seriously
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Colin: i think this
Caller: I disagree here is why *procedes to make a good arguement*
Colin: Thanks for the call *procedes to ignore callers comment*

the f is that. Drives me nuts.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Not a huge fan of Cowherd, but I'd rather listen to Cowherd than John Ireland.

Ireland is too much of an everhomer for my taste.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Well in essence, there are 2 ways to be a good salesman.

1) The product is amazing and it sells itself
2) If the product isn't so great, you have to bend the truth to either make the buyer think they need the product, or kiss the buyer's butt to give them a good feeling so they will buy the product

In our case, our product isn't selling itself. So our salesman has to go to method #2. As we all know, Kobe will be blunt and he wont kiss someone's butt.

So in essence, Kobe's not a great salesman. But who cares. He's not supposed to be a great salesman. He's supposed to be a great basketball player, and that he is.

This shouldn't even be a big deal. It's like saying, Kobe's not a great CPA. Well, right. But is that really an insult?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Well in essence, there are 2 ways to be a good salesman.

1) The product is amazing and it sells itself
2) If the product isn't so great, you have to bend the truth to either make the buy think they need the product, or kiss the buyer's butt to give them a good feeling so they will buy the product

In our case, our product isn't selling itself. So our salesman has to go to method #2. As we all know, Kobe will be blunt and he wont kiss someone's butt.

So in essence, Kobe's not a great salesman. But who cares. He's not supposed to be a great salesman. He's supposed to be a great basketball player, and that he is.

This shouldn't even be a big deal. It's like saying, Kobe's not a great CPA. Well, right. But is that really an insult?

Well, I think the only point, that is valid to some degree, is that this is a team sport. And people have to want to play with you. So part of being a professional basketball player is being the type of team player that other players want to play with and be around.

Kobe isn't really that kind of guy and so he's going to have to rely entirely on his on-court dominance to do the selling and in his later years, it's a much tougher sell.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject:

he's right. neither Mitch, Jim Buss, nor Kobe are good front man so to speak for this franchise. Jeanie may sound like one but she lacks credibility amongst today's players. too bad we don't have a Doc Rivers, or Pat Riley or Mark Cuban who instantly would draw big name FAs' attention whenever they call them.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
losers!!!!

Petros=Celtics fan and Money = Bulls fan. I bet Money couldn't wait to get on the air when the Lakers switched to ESPN radio.

So the lakers used to be broadcasted on a different radio station? Didn't know that
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: