Laker projected to get the #6 pick in the lottery next year lol
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Laker projected to get the #6 pick in the lottery next year lol

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/?cid=nba_12_facebook_L

no pick for us next year...
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject:

We're next in the rigging department. I can feel it.

Last edited by srm90 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject:

yeah seems about right
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:

The owners gotta ruffle some feathers like Dan Gilbert in order to get that treatment.....stupid bastard got 3 #1 picks because he aired his grievances to the NBA.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
srm90 wrote:

The owners gotta ruffle some feathers like Dan Gilbert in order to get that treatment.....stupid bastard got 3 #1 picks because he aired his grievances to the NBA.

But we're the Lakers! Everything is handed to us on a silver platter! According to the rest of the league's fans.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
srm90 wrote:

But we're the Lakers! Everything is handed to us on a silver platter! According to the rest of the league's fans.

Haha we did get Randle on a silver platter, courtesy those morons in Boston and Orlando.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
srm90 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
srm90 wrote:

Haha we did get Randle on a silver platter, courtesy those morons in Boston and Orlando.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Who cares about someone's projection?

Playoffs baby!
cheetos82
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Hey at least we went up 2 spots from #27 last week!

#nextupchampionship
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Remember these analysis are rarely wrong except in reverse. Eg lakers get to the finals with Howard and Nash on the roster. Wrong as it was the reverse that happened.

We will suck last season. Turned out to be true. Probably true for next season as well.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Not that Kobe would ever allow us to tank, but it would seem looking at around the league, we're in far better position to tank and make the top 5 this year than we were last season, when they were so many god awful teams, it was uncanny.

A lot of teams from the bottom 5 have gotten better and will continue to do so because they've got young talent, and owners won't accept their GM's putting on crappy teams forever. GM's make those teams better.

Other than Utah, I don't know of a single West team I'm SURE we are better than on paper. Certainly we could finish in the 8th or 7th spot in the West depending on a few unknowns at this point, but I also wouldn't be shocked if we finished 14th again.

The real question is where does 14th in the West leave you in regards to the entire NBA and East.

To me Philly, MIL, to majorly bad teams improved quite a bit. So did Orlando. We honestly seem like we had a chance, especially if we hadn't signed Boozer (Who IMO was a great pick up in regards to winning).

Again all depends on what level we get from Kobe and Randle, but I'd say a year ago our roster and situation in the NBA called for a higher finish than I expect this year. Of course D'Antoni was our coach and he isn't now. And Kobe will unlikely to miss another year of that many games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TheSource666
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
srm90 wrote:

Try to explain how that's rigged or learn not to talk out of your butt next time.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject:

can't even get no. 1... fire Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak!!!

LOL
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Not that Kobe would ever allow us to tank, but it would seem looking at around the league, we're in far better position to tank and make the top 5 this year than we were last season, when they were so many god awful teams, it was uncanny.

A lot of teams from the bottom 5 have gotten better and will continue to do so because they've got young talent, and owners won't accept their GM's putting on crappy teams forever. GM's make those teams better.

Other than Utah, I don't know of a single West team I'm SURE we are better than on paper. Certainly we could finish in the 8th or 7th spot in the West depending on a few unknowns at this point, but I also wouldn't be shocked if we finished 14th again.

The real question is where does 14th in the West leave you in regards to the entire NBA and East.

To me Philly, MIL, to majorly bad teams improved quite a bit. So did Orlando. We honestly seem like we had a chance, especially if we hadn't signed Boozer (Who IMO was a great pick up in regards to winning).

Again all depends on what level we get from Kobe and Randle, but I'd say a year ago our roster and situation in the NBA called for a higher finish than I expect this year. Of course D'Antoni was our coach and he isn't now. And Kobe will unlikely to miss another year of that many games.

yea I've been thinking along the same lines my friend. the bottom feeders have improved ; if we were committed to tanking, we could certainly attain a bottom 5 record. im thinking that 30 wins is the mark for the 5th worst record, as opposed to 25 wins last year.
Azarian
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject:

only #6?
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject:

we better either be really good or top 5 protected drafte pick for 2015 will go to the Suns....this sucks ...
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject:

Lawd, we will shock the world......
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject:

Key question: Just how bad can they be defensively?
Very, very bad. They were awful last season, the only plus defender on the roster (Ed Davis) is competing for minutes with Carlos Boozer and Julius Randle, and the last time Byron Scott (the only candidate, it seems) coached was the last time a team ranked in the bottom five in defensive efficiency three straight seasons.
---------------------------------------------------

And it'll probably be his 4th straight season. Yet, somehow, MDA will get blamed. LOL! But imagine that, Dantoni doesn't own that record. Here I thought he's the only coach in the league who doesn't coach defense. There was a lynch mob in this forum for MDA. Now on top of bad defense, you'll get ZERO creativity on the offensive side from Byron. At least MDA was a real X's and O's guy. Especially in-bounding plays.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject:

It definitely wouldn't surprise me to see some the teams in the bottom 5 posting a better record than the lakers. A lot obviously depends on how Kobe plays, probably the single biggest factor. Right now I think we pretty much get pummeled by every western conference team, I think the lower rung teams gout better for the most part and the east as a whole with the semi break up of miami, opens the east up to a lot more parity in conference
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject:

I have us ranked near the same. We don't have a rim protector or a consistent SF and our star is 36 coming off of an injury. The west is loaded and every team in the east will be better except the 76ers, Bucks, and Celtics.

As i've said before, in order for the Lakers to make the playoffs this year Randle has to have an all time great 17/10/3 rookie season and Lin needs to have his best season and score in the high teens. If those 2 things happen then it's possible but the odds are against it and seems unlikely.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject:

Only interesting thing on that power ranking:

Top 5 teams are Western Conference teams.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject:

is the draft good next year like this year's?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject:

cheetos82 wrote:
Hey at least we went up 2 spots from #27 last week!

#nextupchampionship

You beat me to it! I was gonna post the same thing.

Jokes aside. Is there any worse finish for us than 6th? I would rather us be in the bottom 3/4 of the whole league. But of course, the ideal is playoffs.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

That doesn't really mean squat.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject:

I'm expecting the FO to truly tank by midseason if we are even sniffing bottom 5. Alot of these contracts they got this season can be traded or dumped.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: