Matt Barnes Needs Your Help To Find His Aunt's Killer

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Matt Barnes Needs Your Help To Find His Aunt's Killer

Quote:
http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/10540336_863927826967969_1251071739_n.jpg

Los Angeles Clippers star Matt Barnes is using social media to plead for the public's help in finding a suspect in the slaying of his aunt.

Barnes on Tuesday posted two photographs of the suspect, who Sacramento police identified as Michael Williams, on his Instagram account, asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to call police.

"This dude stabbed my auntie in the neck last week and left her for dead on the sidewalk," he said on his Instagram account. "She ended up dying on the way to the hospital in the ambulance."

Police said the case began about 7:50 a.m. on July 8 when officers discovered Barnes' aunt, Tanganyika Williams, 48, of Sacramento, suffering from a stab wound in her upper torso and lying on a sidewalk in front of her home near 24th Street and Meadowview Road.

At the time, police said they believed that Barnes' aunt and the suspect knew each other.

Sacramento police said Michael Williams, whom they described as a violent transient, may have remained in the area after the stabbing.

Anyone with details about stabbing was urged to call Crime Alert at (916) 443-4357, or text a tip to 274637 (CRIMES).

For BREAKING NEWS in Los Angeles and throughout California, follow @VeronicaRochaLA

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-clippers-matt-barnes-instagram-aunts-killer-20140723-story.html
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Dang that's horrible to hear! Prayers for him and his family
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Just sad.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Terribly, terribly tragic.

My prayers are with them.
TRAPSTAR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

Sad news, I hope they find that person and then its pack back time.
TheGOATWears#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Matt Barnes Will Kill You
"Love me or hate me; it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons."
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject:

Did Clippers forward Matt Barnes' social media efforts help catch a killer? Sacramento cops say a local tip leads to the capture of man suspected in stab death of NBA player's aunt
nutella
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11281493/husband-arrested-death-matt-barnes-aunt

Quote:
Barnes pleaded for help from the public, using his Twitter and Instagram accounts to publicize the manhunt.

Gigante says Williams was found after a tip from a citizen who saw his description in news coverage.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: