How will Lakers perform in 2014/15. Coach Nick BBall Breakdown.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: How will Lakers perform in 2014/15. Coach Nick BBall Breakdown.

Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Coach Nick typically has some very informative breakdowns of games.

This interview was the opposite of informative.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:

Yeah it was more just his blanketed opinion
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

People are acting like the Lakers were a championship team last year and lost all of their core players. lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:

Yeah it was more just his blanketed opinion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mettaElbow
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

nothing wrong with what he said, and yea its not informative cuz everyone knows it
projecktecks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Nothing to see, keep moving..
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand why he has any type of following. The guy is a tool and he points out ridiculous crap that anyone with elementary basketball knowledge can see for themselves. He's a high school basketball coach who has about the same amount of basketball knowledge as an average poster. The only additional thing he has is software that allows him to make his idiotic videos.

I remember I called him out on LG last year, and he got his panties in a bunch and started PMing me like a moron. At the risk of identifying myself, I scored 27 points against his team in my soph year and 31 against his team in my senior year. I've never lost a game to his team and I haven't ever seen him win anything. The guy is just another idiot with good software programs.
mettaElbow
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
I don't understand why he has any type of following. The guy is a tool and he points out ridiculous crap that anyone with elementary basketball knowledge can see for themselves. He's a high school basketball coach who has about the same amount of basketball knowledge as an average poster. The only additional thing he has is software that allows him to make his idiotic videos.

I remember I called him out on LG last year, and he got his panties in a bunch and started PMing me like a moron. At the risk of identifying myself, I scored 27 points against his team in my soph year and 31 against his team in my senior year. I've never lost a game to his team and I haven't ever seen him win anything. The guy is just another idiot with good software programs.

interesting enough i've seen a few videos of his, def informative for novice (most) fans, i do wonder how he came out of nowhere, dont remember seeing this guy b4 this yr
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:

lol ya I know more basketball than the dude, please remove the link....not worth anyone's time.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

He wants to Mike Brown his way into a basketball career. Freaking DVDs!!
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:

sounds about right. i wont call him an idiot. and like someone said, super casual fans do not understand what you think is simple.

the thing about coaches(and ive said this before). just because a guy is a real coach doesnt mean he knows a ton about basketball. it also doesnt mean his philosophy will work. and odds are if you're a coach you have a losing record. most coaches do not win a lot of games.
Azarian
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Nothing he said was wrong in this video, not sure why any of you guys are disagreeing with him
mettaElbow
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Azarian wrote:
Nothing he said was wrong in this video, not sure why any of you guys are disagreeing with him

its called denial, he will be liked once he praised lakers, but hed look like the guy last year who claimed 76er had a shot on palyoff after they won 3 straight
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:

I don't think he has a huge cult following or anything, there just arent many people who do what he does. Personally, I enjoy his videos. Even if the average poster here shares his basketball knowledge (an idea I strongly disagree with, btw) they probably don't take the time to analyze the offensive and defensive strategies used in a game. It can't be done if you just watch games live and have an emotional interest in the outcome.

A lot of LG posters said Jordan Hill was a good defender. A lot of LG posters said the Lakers pushed the pace too much. A lot of LG posters said the Lakers would have won more games if they slowed it down and played snail ball through Pau, Kaman, and Hill, three players who lacked the health to be leaned on so heavily and it wouldn't have been effective anyway. These are people who watch every Lakers game giving their takes. Coach Nick has the same intelligence as these people?
junosiojo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

He's the same guy who said that the Princeton offense would be perfect for the Lakers back in 2012, given the roster that they had. Look how that turned out.

iTunes/Tune In Radio: The Half Court Heave Podcast
Twitter: @junosiojo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

junosiojo wrote:
He's the same guy who said that the Princeton offense would be perfect for the Lakers back in 2012, given the roster that they had. Look how that turned out.

Everyone up and down the Lakers organization thought it would work and they panicked and gave up on it after a few games.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Not a fan of this guy. I'll ignore his blatantly biased views, but I can't ignore the fact that he pretends to know more than he does.

I'm sure he knows basketball relatively well. But he never mentions match ups or strategy, only what happened and he can point out the obvious. He just tries to reaffirm his biases with selective video editing.
Azarian
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

junosiojo wrote:

And it went very well. Both Kobe and Dwight were averaging over 25+ ppg on 50%+ fg
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Coach Nick is biased. Not worth my watching the video. As Electronica said, he selectively edits videos to fit his agenda and I don't think he's a big fan of the Lakers or Kobe.

He often will say moronic things then change his opinion later to try to cover his tracks.

Not a fan and will probably never watch any of his videos again. Couldn't stand him after watching just a few of them.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject:

Lol, Knicks will be in contention for the East cuz tey use the triangle, coach Nick favorite offense. Ok. Only two teams had real success with the triangle, Jordan's Bulls and Kobe's and Shaq's Lakers. Go figure
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:

But...but...how was your team able to defend that magic triangle offense? You must've used some witchcraft.

Disclaimer: I happen to like some of his videos, like when he interviewd Tex Winter, Pete Carrill and other great basketball minds. To me, that's public service. That said, yeah he's often very shortsighted and basic in his pre-analysis of offenses (Princeton, Lakers with Howard and Nash, Triangle) and overall bball strategies, but i dont think he's clueless at all. Just havent seen anything that made me think of him as a great basketball mind nor even better than average.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:

He was a HS basketball coach. He got fired prior to this year or the previous year. And I wholeheartedly agree with everything else. A lot of claims of racism & bullying directed toward him in his time there as well.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject:

junosiojo wrote:

Actually it did work.

D12 26ppg
Kobe 26ppg

D12 73%FG
Kobe 63%FG 40% 3-point

Offense worked. Defense was the issue.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
junosiojo wrote:

Actually it did work.

D12 26ppg
Kobe 26ppg

D12 73%FG
Kobe 63%FG 40% 3-point

Offense worked. Defense was the issue.

We scored 97.2 PPG in the Princeton offense. FG% doesn't matter. PPP does. We were turning the ball over like crazy in the Princeton.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: