How will Lakers perform in 2014/15. Coach Nick BBall Breakdown.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
12 wrote:
I don't understand why he has any type of following. The guy is a tool and he points out ridiculous crap that anyone with elementary basketball knowledge can see for themselves. He's a high school basketball coach who has about the same amount of basketball knowledge as an average poster. The only additional thing he has is software that allows him to make his idiotic videos.

I remember I called him out on LG last year, and he got his panties in a bunch and started PMing me like a moron. At the risk of identifying myself, I scored 27 points against his team in my soph year and 31 against his team in my senior year. I've never lost a game to his team and I haven't ever seen him win anything. The guy is just another idiot with good software programs.

He was a HS basketball coach. He got fired prior to this year or the previous year. And I wholeheartedly agree with everything else. A lot of claims of racism & bullying directed toward him in his time there as well.

Thanx. I feel a lil better now since his words hurt a lil. That hypeman was annoying too.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject:

You guys realize we won 27 games last year right? What the hell did you want him to say? I agree 100% with what he said.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
12 wrote:
I don't understand why he has any type of following. The guy is a tool and he points out ridiculous crap that anyone with elementary basketball knowledge can see for themselves. He's a high school basketball coach who has about the same amount of basketball knowledge as an average poster. The only additional thing he has is software that allows him to make his idiotic videos.

I remember I called him out on LG last year, and he got his panties in a bunch and started PMing me like a moron. At the risk of identifying myself, I scored 27 points against his team in my soph year and 31 against his team in my senior year. I've never lost a game to his team and I haven't ever seen him win anything. The guy is just another idiot with good software programs.

He was a HS basketball coach. He got fired prior to this year or the previous year. And I wholeheartedly agree with everything else. A lot of claims of racism & bullying directed toward him in his time there as well.

word? Thanks for the heads up fellas. Won't be watching his vids anymore. Which I really only watched out of pure boredom at work anyway

Mike@LG wrote:
junosiojo wrote:
He's the same guy who said that the Princeton offense would be perfect for the Lakers back in 2012, given the roster that they had. Look how that turned out.

Actually it did work.

D12 26ppg
Kobe 26ppg

D12 73%FG
Kobe 63%FG 40% 3-point

Offense worked. Defense was the issue.

Agreed. Kobe was ridiculously efficient in that offense. I drool just thinking about an offense where he can just be a finisher and he doesn't have to work so hard to create...I digress...

I agree with GT too. We had a ton of turnovers and didn't have the foot speed to play transition D. I still think if the team had stuck with it the turnovers would have gone down and the team would have been unstoppable on O in the manner the Spurs were this year.

There was too much pressure to win and the team got impatient IMO
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
junosiojo wrote:
He's the same guy who said that the Princeton offense would be perfect for the Lakers back in 2012, given the roster that they had. Look how that turned out.

Actually it did work.

D12 26ppg
Kobe 26ppg

D12 73%FG
Kobe 63%FG 40% 3-point

We scored 97.2 PPG in the Princeton offense. FG% doesn't matter. PPP does. We were turning the ball over like crazy in the Princeton.

Hitting the nail straight on the head. As a matter of fact, he hit the nail so hard, the wood cracked.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
12 wrote:

just curious, what hs did he coach at?

also, i agree with everything. i only played hs ball but i feel that any hs basketball player knows as much or more than he does.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

Question: what the hell is the triangle, coach Nick?

Answer: a triangle is a triangle (showing a shape of a triangle).

True breakdown right there, coach Nick. I just gained some mad knowledge.
Fadeaway_Jumper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
Question: what the hell is the triangle, coach Nick?

Answer: a triangle is a triangle (showing a shape of a triangle).

True breakdown right there, coach Nick. I just gained some mad knowledge.

Lol yes thats the only description he gave of the triangle offense in the video.... why hate on coach nick? If you go through his youtube vids he does a good job breaking down the different sets shown.

My personal favourite is how he showed why the heat got destroyed in this years finals
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
junosiojo wrote:

Actually it did work.

D12 26ppg
Kobe 26ppg

D12 73%FG
Kobe 63%FG 40% 3-point

We scored 97.2 PPG in the Princeton offense. FG% doesn't matter. PPP does. We were turning the ball over like crazy in the Princeton.

Hitting the nail straight on the head. As a matter of fact, he hit the nail so hard, the wood cracked.

Which nail is he hitting?
So they scored low due to turnovers. Does that mean the Princeton was good or bad?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
12 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
junosiojo wrote:

Actually it did work.

D12 26ppg
Kobe 26ppg

D12 73%FG
Kobe 63%FG 40% 3-point

Which nail is he hitting?
So they scored low due to turnovers. Does that mean the Princeton was good or bad?

The point being that due to high turnovers, we actually ended up not being very efficient at all in terms of how many points we had per possession, meaning the offense wasn't all that effective. Combine that with absolutely horrible defense, and you get that awful start and mike brown's head.
Azarian
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject:

If Lakers never fired Mike Brown all those turnovers would've been cleaned up eventually
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

He's good if you're new to basketball and want to learn the fundamental stuff, but he's obviously not Phil Jackson. The thing I don't like about his videos is that he picks a few plays during a long 48 minutes game and make it seems like that's how the entire game went.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: