Should Byron Scott accept the Lakers Job?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should he turn The Lakers Job ?
Yes
65%
 65%  [ 47 ]
No
34%
 34%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 72

samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Should Byron Scott accept the Lakers Job?

I think Byron should turn down the job . Its so much disrespect to a family member of the lakers.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

I don't like how he's being handled but I think B-Scott would be a great fit here.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject:

agree but the way the Lakers treating him is BS. Doc river is not coming its a pipe dream
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

I think he'll take it because coaching this franchise is his dream job. Despite the fact that they are giving him the run around and taking their sweet time figuring out what to do.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject:

Has he been offered the job? I mean we may need another interview to find out.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Has he been offered the job? I mean we may need another interview to find out.

LOL
Rigged4fun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

Until By gets offered the job he can't turn it down. It seems the Buss family is at odds at who they want to hire. The question is why?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject:

Sure, he and Mrs. Scott can use the money to remodel their kitchen.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject:

Rigged4fun wrote:
Until By gets offered the job he can't turn it down. It seems the Buss family is at odds at who they want to hire. The question is why?

Just Hire someone Else on of the Biggest problem that Kobe endorsed him.
Jim will do what so ever not to full fill Kobe wishes. I think this is the problem
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

How exactly has he been disrespected? I guess I'm not a very sensitive person, even on the interwebs.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject:

I'll agree that this has been a disrespectful process. It's like the Lakers are saying we'll think about it, but we want to see if anything, anything at all, better comes along we may want to go in another direction. I'm just curious what they would do if Byron withdrew his name from consideration? Hire Dunleavy?
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
I'll agree that this has been a disrespectful process. It's like the Lakers are saying we'll think about it, but we want to see if anything, anything at all, better comes along we may want to go in another direction. I'm just curious what they would do if Byron withdrew his name from consideration? Hire Dunleavy?

Agree that will serve jim buss well
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
How exactly has he been disrespected? I guess I'm not a very sensitive person, even on the interwebs.

It's not about being sensitive but they could have had private lunches with him and asked questions that needed to be answered. 3 public formal interview without a decision shows uncertainties and we don't need that. If we interview him anymore, he'll think he's applying to Google instead.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

I think verbally it's already a done deal, that's why no one on the Lakers end is panicking about no having a coach. The only people panicking at this point are the fans. Mitch, on the other hand, is making the rebuilding of the roster his main priority. Byron, in the meantime, is waiting in the wings to see what kind of squad Mitch give him.

In other words, yes, of course he'll sign.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject:

fadeaway3 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

It's not about being sensitive but they could have had private lunches with him and asked questions that needed to be answered. 3 public formal interview without a decision shows uncertainties and we don't need that. If we interview him anymore, he'll think he's applying to Google instead.

And you know these interviews were public and formal how exactly? All that is known is that they have met a few times. There has been no news about the content of those meetings or their level of formality.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

Your title says "Should he accept the Lakers job?"

While your poll says "Should he turn the Lakersjob?" which I assumed you meant to read "Should he turn down the job?"

This will mess with your results.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

And you know these interviews were public and formal how exactly? All that is known is that they have met a few times. There has been no news about the content of those meetings or their level of formality.

Its public because its been reported, and the public know about these interviews? When its private, we either don't hear about it or its reported as a private meeting and we're not privy to details?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

Maybe they are having trouble agreeing to price and terms.
ComputerBlue
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
Your title says "Should he accept the Lakers job?"

While your poll says "Should he turn the Lakersjob?" which I assumed you meant to read "Should he turn down the job?"

This will mess with your results.

This. Not sure how to answer the poll.
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject:

i think he already accepted and I honestly think they are hung up on $ and years... I'm sure byron wants to get paid and is probably asking for something like 3 yrs $20M... and his reason is that guys like fisher and ker are getting $5M a year and they're rookies and he is an experience coach... and he probably wants a shorter term contract so if the team does good he can get a raise right after 2017 when teams will be making tons of money and the lakers will have signed some stars in 2016 so he would be coming off a successful season 2016-17 season...

the lakers on the other hand are probably upset that they're still paying mike brown and mike d'antoni this year and are also looking to establish something more long term and are looking to pay as least as possible so they're probably offering something closer to 5 yrs $25M...

thats my guess anyway...

just seems like a foregone conclusion that the lakers hire byron, its a money thing right now...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject:

gus26 wrote:
i think he already accepted and I honestly think they are hung up on $ and years... I'm sure byron wants to get paid and is probably asking for something like 3 yrs $20M... and his reason is that guys like fisher and ker are getting $5M a year and they're rookies and he is an experience coach... and he probably wants a shorter term contract so if the team does good he can get a raise right after 2017 when teams will be making tons of money and the lakers will have signed some stars in 2016 so he would be coming off a successful season 2016-17 season...

the lakers on the other hand are probably upset that they're still paying mike brown and mike d'antoni this year and are also looking to establish something more long term and are looking to pay as least as possible so they're probably offering something closer to 5 yrs $25M...

thats my guess anyway...

just seems like a foregone conclusion that the lakers hire byron, its a money thing right now...

and I can't blame them. It's a waste of funds and in someways counter-productive to bring in another expensive ego. Kobe's is enough. Hire Madsen and let Mamba do whatever he wants.

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
agree but the way the Lakers treating him is BS. Doc river is not coming its a pipe dream

How dare they interview him for the head coaching job! So disrespectful!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:

Maybe Dunleavy, maybe the coach they really want.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

Hes use to coaching tanking teams so hes a good fit here.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject:

I had a friend bring up the this very issue about Byron and the interview process thus far. I'll paste my answer here:

"Scott can respond to this in two ways if he feels disrespected by the Lakers front office. He can, as you said, tell them to kick rocks, and walk away due to this unprecedented treatment of a perspective head coach. It's seems clear, by now, that Byron is not their first choice nor is he very highly regarded by the front office. His second choice is would be to take what he always said was his dream job and prove the front office wrong by outperforming expectations. Both are prideful responses but the second choice would be a more positive way of going about it."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: