Players that play with passion/intensity and just love playing

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Players that play with passion/intensity and just love playing

One thing i noticed is we have a lot of players with passion/intensity and just love playing the game. That by itself will make us overachieve. Boozer dunks or gets a and one and let's out a yell. Swaggy has more fun then anybody playing. Lin plays with intensity or "LINTENSITY" cause he's been fighting so long to stay in the league. Kobe is Kobe. Randle is waiting to show why he should have been the #1 pick plus he's always played with intensity. Hill, Davis,Wes,Xavier are full of energy and play with a passion and high intensity. We will make the playoffs and be fun to watch. I'm excited to watch this team play and love being the underdog.

Last edited by shortodom on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

I think that Kobe, Randle and Clarkson have something to prove, and seem to be the kinds of players who take names. Randle thought he was the best in the draft and will want to prove it. Clarkson thought he was first round material and intends to prove it. Everyone, including Laker fans and the media, have thrown dirt on Kobe. We know how that usually plays out. The one player I want to see that chip on the shoulder from is Henry. I think that is the main thing keeping him from being a legit starter in this league.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

That's right, Clarkson also. I agree
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The one player I want to see that chip on the shoulder from is Henry. I think that is the main thing keeping him from being a legit starter in this league.

That, or injuries. If he's healthy he can be great for us.

Anyway, I'm definitely excited for this team.

But can the season begin already? Can't believe it's over 2 full months away
xxTheLugNutZxx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

So does that mean I should poney up the money for League Pass this year? I was really on the fence about it last year, and still subscribed (for like the 10th straight year) but it was sort of pointless paying to watch that debacle last year. Not that I didnt still enjoy watching games, it just wasnt really worth the money and staying up until 130am on the east cost to see those results.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject:

I think that's the first time I've seen the name "Wes Johnson" and the word "intensity" linked together without the conjunction "lack of" between them.

But if he does bring the fire this year, it will be great for his career and good for the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
I think that's the first time I've seen the name "Wes Johnson" and the word "intensity" linked together without the conjunction "lack of" between them.

But if he does bring the fire this year, it will be great for his career and good for the Lakers.

That was what surprised me last year, some of these guys had one foot out of the NBA but still weren't killing themselves to impress. This very well could be Wes's last chance.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:

That was what surprised me last year, some of these guys had one foot out of the NBA but still weren't killing themselves to impress. This very well could be Wes's last chance.

I was reluctant to put Wes in there but he did play good in the first half of last season. Don't know what happened in the second half but with a more energized and focused team I think it will rub off on him
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I think that Kobe, Randle and Clarkson have something to prove, and seem to be the kinds of players who take names. Randle thought he was the best in the draft and will want to prove it. Clarkson thought he was first round material and intends to prove it. Everyone, including Laker fans and the media, have thrown dirt on Kobe. We know how that usually plays out. The one player I want to see that chip on the shoulder from is Henry. I think that is the main thing keeping him from being a legit starter in this league.
i darn near think they put the headstone up on kobe.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:

vent, they were killing themselves. some guys just aint that good vent. i think we've thought wes was someone he really is not. i think its an IQ thing. i hope i'm wrong since he's a part of the team this season.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Even though the team is a little smaller this year, I've notice quite a few of these are "players that dunk on people":
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
Henry
Johnson
Davis
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Players that play with passion/intensity and just love playing

shortodom wrote:
One thing i noticed is we have a lot of players with passion/intensity and just love playing the game. That by itself will make us overachieve. Boozer dunks or gets a and one and let's out a yell. Swaggy has more fun then anybody playing. Lin plays with intensity or "LINTENSITY" cause he's been fighting so long to stay in the league. Kobe is Kobe. Randle is waiting to show why he should have been the #1 pick plus he's always played with intensity. Hill, Davis,Wes,Xavier are full of energy and play with a passion and high intensity. We will make the playoffs and be fun to watch. I'm excited to watch this team play and love being the underdog.

Always remember my first wrestling coach in high school saying "Never lose because the other guy worked harder than you". If this group is like that, it will be fun to watch win or lose. Hopefully no one is {profanity bypass deleted by alpha} crazy like Stephenson - hard for me to root for guys like that.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject:

xxTheLugNutZxx wrote:
So does that mean I should poney up the money for League Pass this year? I was really on the fence about it last year, and still subscribed (for like the 10th straight year) but it was sort of pointless paying to watch that debacle last year. Not that I didnt still enjoy watching games, it just wasnt really worth the money and staying up until 130am on the east cost to see those results.

If you want to save some dough look into ballstreams.com. Streams in HD with no blackout restrictions. All games including playoffs at your fingertips and has an android app as well.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject:

This year's Lakers all heart team?
LostPuppy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson and Henry slash brothers?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Passion and intensity shots too much
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

here's a Lakers all-intensity team. Guys who brought it every night

Kobe
Cedric
Ron Artest
NVE
Magic
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Agreed with the OP btw, intensity will be higher than last year. Unless we get derailed by injuries again. Then it can go downhill fast.

that's the thing with intensity it can be very.....erratic, specially for a young team, which we mostly are
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
This year's Lakers all heart team?

Sounds good to me!

Here's to a team full of Kobe-hot-heads who hate to lose.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

Kobe
Cedric
Ron Artest
NVE
Magic

Lake Havasu?
Cancun?
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

"... That by itself will make us overachieve."

Bad assumption. This season sets up as a classic example of "I'm in this for my next contract, so my stats matter more than anything else."

Never seen a winner, let alone a strong team, created that way.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Kobe
Cedric
Ron Artest
NVE
Magic

Lake Havasu?
Cancun?

So?, when they were on the court they played with heart. Even the big Aristotle (or whatever he was calling himself from week to week) dogged it now and then.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: