Stephen A. Smith defends Kobe to Nelly
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYClakerguy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Stephen A. Smith defends Kobe to Nelly

Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobe doesn't need anyone to defend him. Nelly is a (bleep) moron. Especially don't need to defend Kobe to that pencil dick.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Isn't nelly the one that sung maneater

how is she doing nowadays. haven't heard from her in ages
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject:

it's getting hot in here

but...it was only just a dream.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Nell Carter? Didn't she die after hangin' with mr cooper?
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Isn't nelly the one that sung maneater

how is she doing nowadays. haven't heard from her in ages

No. You're thinking of Nelly Furtado.

OP is talking about this "nelly" as defined by urban dictionary:

Quote:
A very feminine or seemingly homosexual male, popularized by season three of "Arrested Development," where George Senior and Lucille Bluth refer to the seemingly homosexual Tobias as a "nelly." Can be used as a noun or adjective.
Man this party is turning a bit too nelly for me.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Nelly was correct in that interview. Stephen A. does not like to burn bridges because of the business he is in. Often when a major athlete is the topic, you already know what side Stephen A is going to take because he still wants that interview or that lead.

Look, it was nothing personal but sometimes the truth hurts. Nelly got the best of that debate. Laker fan or not, if you cant admit the truth you are holding yourself back.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
Nelly was correct in that interview. Stephen A. does not like to burn bridges because of the business he is in. Often when a major athlete is the topic, you already know what side Stephen A is going to take because he still wants that interview or that lead.

Look, it was nothing personal but sometimes the truth hurts. Nelly got the best of that debate. Laker fan or not, if you cant admit the truth you are holding yourself back.

SMH lol
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

Keep shaking your head until you come up with a rebuttal.
ddw76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

Everybody keeps saying take a paycut take a paycut? Wtf are you guys talking about? You expect kobe to take a paycut to sign someone that might or might not work out? Melo wasnt coming neither was Lebron so who do you give money to? A paycut is for bringing back players on your team that were part of a core that wins ships! Does Spurs sound familar? Duncan would not have taken a paycut if he was not winning a ship. Why the hell if im kobe take a paycut to be the only option again just like stephen a said in video above? You want me to do all the work but take a paycut lololol You wouldnt take a paycut at work if you were doing all the work would you?
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

Originally, I didn't need to because anyone who understood the Lakers money situations should know that Kobe's contract wasn't a factor. To say he was right is just pure ignorance. Nelly already proved before that he doesn't know anything about the business side of basketball.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject:

ddw76 wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

Everybody keeps saying take a paycut take a paycut? what the heck are you guys talking about? You expect kobe to take a paycut to sign someone that might or might not work out? Melo wasnt coming neither was Lebron so who do you give money to? A paycut is for bringing back players on your team that were part of a core that wins ships! Does Spurs sound familar? Duncan would not have taken a paycut if he was not winning a ship. Why the hell if im kobe take a paycut to be the only option again just like stephen a said in video above? You want me to do all the work but take a paycut lololol You wouldnt take a paycut at work if you were doing all the work would you?

THis logic is a direct contradiction to the Lakers "plan". It is obvious that the Lakers "plan" is to forget the small players and pay for stars. Except the Lakers cant pay for stars when you got a 36 year old coming off two season ending surgeries being paid more than any other player in the NBA. You see, something has to give IF YOU FOLLOW AND SUPPORT THAT "plan".

I do not follow and support that "plan" and think the Lakers management is blowing smoke up the butts of Laker fans. But if you are Kobe and you only play for championships, then that 24 mil/year says otherwise. Now for a minute I said I dont blame Kobe for taking the money given the useless off season we had, then a very intelligent poster corrected me. That poster basically said, who knows what wouldve happened if we had the money available. THat poster was right, we dont know. I do strongly believe that the chances of executing that plan wouldve been much higher had KObe taken less money.
ddw76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Ok lets say kobe took that paycut. He took the cut then Melo resigns with Knicks and Lebron goes back to cleveland correct. Now you expect kobe to play on 13mill contract and still be required to do it all for the lakers on a mid level contract. Kobe knew this and thats why he accepted the contract.

RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

Originally, I didn't need to because anyone who understood the Lakers money situations should know that Kobe's contract wasn't a factor. To say he was right is just pure ignorance. Nelly already proved before that he doesn't know anything about the business side of basketball.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

And you know something about the business side? And the posters here know something about the business side? I dont think you or anyone here is so knowledgeable to dismiss someone based on what you think or dont think they know regarding the business side of NBA team management.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

We'll see how long you last!! Don't come into OUR HOME act like a turd and then call US out on it.

If this was MY site, you would have just earned yourself a permanent ban for life.

Last edited by Wino on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

ddw76 wrote:
Ok lets say kobe took that paycut. He took the cut then Melo resigns with Knicks and Lebron goes back to cleveland correct. Now you expect kobe to play on 13mill contract and still be required to do it all for the lakers on a mid level contract. Kobe knew this and thats why he accepted the contract.

RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

How do you know what Kobe knew? Yes, we know what happened but that does not mean Kobe knew anything.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

And you know something about the business side? And the posters here know something about the business side? I dont think you or anyone here is so knowledgeable to dismiss someone based on what you think or dont think they know regarding the business side of NBA team management.

People who follow free agency knows some of it.

Just pure ignorance on your part.
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

Yeah Nelly is who I always turn to when I want to see someone knowledgeable with the business side of the Lakers. Posters here know just as much as he does, yet because their opinion is different you decide to attack what they know. They know as much as you. Nothing.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Wino wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

We'll see how long you last!! Don't come into OUR HOME act like a turd and then call US out on it.

If this was MY site, you would have just earned yourself a permanent ban for life.

Calm down. "SMH lol" is totally dismissive. I asked for rebuttal. WHy are you mad at me?
ddw76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

Well if we know nothing about the business side of things in nba, then that means none of us should be commenting on anything regarding contracts correct? That means what nelly said is not true or could be true so we cant agree or disagree with anything about what goes on behind the scenes. So that means your comment is dismissed also because your not in front office or in the know on the business in nba.
Sleepy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:

What I find interesting is that the Lakers FO isn't complaining about Kobe's salary hampering their off-season. Kobe isn't complaining about the FO not bringing better players in (in fact, he praised them) because they are hampered by salary cap issues.

The only people complaining are the media members that dislike Kobe and armchair GMs all across the internet playing with other people's money.

Sorry - carry on.
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Nelly made many valid points. I don't see why some are so critical of him. He seems to be knowledgeable about basketball and is providing an outside perspective. I don't sense any bias or personal ill will against Kobe from Nelly's statements. Both, Smith and Nelly made valid points.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

ddw76 wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

Well if we know nothing about the business side of things in nba, then that means none of us should be commenting on anything regarding contracts correct? That means what nelly said is not true or could be true so we cant agree or disagree with anything about what goes on behind the scenes. So that means your comment is dismissed also because your not in front office or in the know on the business in nba.

Look man, I agree with you. I am simply saying that you dismissed Nelly without addressing the points or context of what he said. You basically said Nelly proved in the past he doesnt know anything and therefore should be dismissed.
PupNamedHector
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Black Salt wrote:
Kobe doesn't need anyone to defend him. Nelly is a (bleep) moron. Especially don't need to defend Kobe to that pencil dick.

Could've fooled me. Many posters here defend Kobe blindly.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

BigJosh951 wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:

SMH lol

Originally, I didn't need to because anyone who understood the Lakers money situations should know that Kobe's contract wasn't a factor. To say he was rig

ht is just pure ignorance. Nelly already proved before that he doesn't know anything about the business side of basketball.

Yeah Nelly is who I always turn to when I want to see someone knowledgeable with the business side of the Lakers. Posters here know just as much as he does, yet because their opinion is different you decide to attack what they know. They know as much as you. Nothing.

In principle, I totally agree with you even if you were trying to offend me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: