Stephen A. Smith defends Kobe to Nelly
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
King beef wrote:
Nelly was correct in that interview. Stephen A. does not like to burn bridges because of the business he is in. Often when a major athlete is the topic, you already know what side Stephen A is going to take because he still wants that interview or that lead.

Look, it was nothing personal but sometimes the truth hurts. Nelly got the best of that debate. Laker fan or not, if you cant admit the truth you are holding yourself back.

SMH lol

Keep shaking your head until you come up with a rebuttal.
Originally, I didn't need to because anyone who understood the Lakers money situations should know that Kobe's contract wasn't a factor. To say he was rig

ht is just pure ignorance. Nelly already proved before that he doesn't know anything about the business side of basketball.

And you know something about the business side? And the posters here know something about the business side? I dont think you or anyone here is so knowledgeable to dismiss someone based on what you think or dont think they know regarding the business side of NBA team management.

Yeah Nelly is who I always turn to when I want to see someone knowledgeable with the business side of the Lakers. Posters here know just as much as he does, yet because their opinion is different you decide to attack what they know. They know as much as you. Nothing.

In principle, I totally agree with you even if you were trying to offend me.

No offense meant at all. Just my take on things.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's contract didn't have anything to do with the Lakers missing out on free agents this summer. The Lakers wanted to go after big named free agents, and if they missed out on those players, they were going to wait until next off-season.

Did Nelly know about this? Obviously he didn't. This is the business part of basketball people know already about, yet someone in this thread thinks fans don't know about this stuff. Players like Ariza and Parsons were not going to take short terms deals or sign with a team that's probably not going to make the playoffs. These are the realities that people ignore when they piss and moan about Kobe's contract.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Stephen A. Smith defends Kobe to Nelly

NYClakerguy wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVK4n1fuBcw

Who the scrub is nelly?

No names trying to get some media time
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Who the hell cares what Nelly thinks?

Do you think when big free agents are on the market and contracts are being dicussed, GMs want to know what Nelly is thinking about?

And Stephen A Smith is an idiot. He's the last person I want in my corner.
sebadoh128
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Count me among those who though Nelly was dead.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Nelly?
Really?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: