Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

Jameer Nelson chose Dallas instead of Houston, even if Coward tried to recruit him with multiple calls.

How in the hell there isn't one single ring chaser who wants to play with the so called best center and the so called best two guard in the league ?

Also, I find what Harden said about his teamates pretty incredible for a guy who has only won a couple of playoffs series behind Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka; and he has won nothing in the playoffs as the leader ( or co-leader with Howard) of the team...
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

Luke wrote:
Jameer Nelson chose Dallas instead of Houston, even if Coward tried to recruit him with multiple calls.

How in the hell there isn't one single ring chaser who wants to play with the so called best center and the so called best two guard in the league ?

Also, I find what Harden said about his teamates pretty incredible for a guy who has only won a couple of playoffs series behind Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka; and he has won nothing in the playoffs as the leader ( or co-leader with Howard) of the team...

What did harden say?
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

nickuku wrote:

What did harden say?

Quote:
“Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets,” said Harden. “The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24635757/harden-on-non-dwight-teammates-rest-of-the-guys-are-role-players
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) the Rockets.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

Luke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

What did harden say?

Quote:
“Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets,” said Harden. “The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24635757/harden-on-non-dwight-teammates-rest-of-the-guys-are-role-players

Harden should try playing defense before opening his mouth.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

Luke wrote:

Not a shocker really: Dwight and Nelson never got along too well, and I believe Dallas offered more money.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

Luke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

What did harden say?

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Or fake. No one is stupid enough to say something like that.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Harden+Howard=first round fodder...
With comments like that who would want to come to Houston to play with them.
The Blazers made easy work of them last year even when they had home court+Parsons+Asik+Lin....
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

activeverb wrote:
Luke wrote:

Not a shocker really: Dwight and Nelson never got along too well, and I believe Dallas offered more money.

Dwight forgot he was capping on the Orlando roster after he'd left. Wonder what made him think Jameer would want to play with him now?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

12 wrote:
Luke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

What did harden say?

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Or fake. No one is stupid enough to say something like that.

Nah, it's widely reported.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

But it's the GATEWAY TO THE ASIAN MARKET!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject:

lol

Howard can't recruit his old teammates, because he explicitly told them in clear bold letters that "no one wanted them"
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
But it's the GATEWAY TO THE ASIAN MARKET!

its now los angeles
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

Luke wrote:

We were recruiting Nelson, after the war of words he and Howard had? This is news to me. Link?

Luke wrote:

What players have signed that you consider ring chasers? Miller and possibly Allen went to the Cavs to play with the best player in the world. Were they supposed to pick Howard over him? Ariza gave us a pretty good deal that is frontloaded, considering what other wings have been getting in this market. Bosh stayed in Miami because he got a full 5 year max. So I see guys who stayed with their teams for more money (a lot more) or guys who went to play with LeBorn. Who else are you referring to?

Luke wrote:

Harden is full of ish for his comments.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject:

All of those clowns are role players.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Harden+Howard=first round fodder...
With comments like that who would want to come to Houston to play with them.
The Blazers made easy work of them last year even when they had home court+Parsons+Asik+Lin....

How many years has it been since Bright advanced into the second round? Instead of rings, he can count first round exits and number of kids:

"not one, not two, not three..."
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

Dreamshake wrote:
Luke wrote:

We were recruiting Nelson, after the war of words he and Howard had? This is news to me. Link?

Luke wrote:

What players have signed that you consider ring chasers? Miller and possibly Allen went to the Cavs to play with the best player in the world. Were they supposed to pick Howard over him? Ariza gave us a pretty good deal that is frontloaded, considering what other wings have been getting in this market. Bosh stayed in Miami because he got a full 5 year max. So I see guys who stayed with their teams for more money (a lot more) or guys who went to play with LeBorn. Who else are you referring to?

Luke wrote:

Harden is full of ish for his comments.

Shams Charania:

Quote:
Jameer Nelson balanced finances and winning in free agency. Dwight Howard made multiple calls recruiting Nelson to Houston, sources say.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234413/Jameer-Nelson-Finalizes-Two-Year-$56M-Deal-With-Mavericks

I'll give you a more detailed answer about the rest of your post tomorrow ( it's very late in my country)...
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject:

the rockets are in trouble. the window is closing...how much cap room will they have next year? They definitely need a legit 3rd option or 2-3 very good role players.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Both Harden and Howard are getting what they deserve.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Both Harden and Howard are getting what they deserve.

This....especially D12 since he ticked off Laker Nation....
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Harden and Coward ain't cornerstones, if they are cornerstones of ur franchise u are never going to win a championship. lol

Both are good 3rd or 4th option and neither are leaders.

Both are classless clowns that are throwing their former teammates under the bus.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Channing Frye said it best, you take the money because you might be traded at any time.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
the rockets are in trouble. the window is closing...how much cap room will they have next year? They definitely need a legit 3rd option or 2-3 very good role players.

It depends on what we do with the remainder of our exceptions and the Lin trade exception this year. I believe we can have max or near max room next year if no other long term deals were added.

I think it's a reach to say the team is in trouble. There doesn't appear to be any improvement from the prior season though.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard can't even recruit his old teamates : Houston is not a hot destination for free agents.

Luke wrote:

Shams Charania:

Quote:
Jameer Nelson balanced finances and winning in free agency. Dwight Howard made multiple calls recruiting Nelson to Houston, sources say.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234413/Jameer-Nelson-Finalizes-Two-Year-$56M-Deal-With-Mavericks

I'll give you a more detailed answer about the rest of your post tomorrow ( it's very late in my country)...

Thanks for the link. I had no idea we made an offer. It appears that Dallas gave him close to $6M over 2 seasons, with a player option in the 2nd year. I doubt Morey offered him a player option for the 2nd year.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

It depends on what we do with the remainder of our exceptions and the Lin trade exception this year. I believe we can have max or near max room next year if no other long term deals were added.

I think it's a reach to say the team is in trouble. There doesn't appear to be any improvement from the prior season though.

Depends on how u define trouble.

They definitely got worse than last year after losing Parson, Asik, and Lin.

Got bounced in the first round by a non-contender in Blazers last year wasn't a good sign either.

They in mediocrity right now, and unless they get another star they will continue stay in mediocre. There are just too many great teams in the West and many of them have improved and Rockets have not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13
Jump to: