Are you satisfied so far with our current core ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Are you satisfied so far with our current core ?

Right now we have...

**Point guard:
-- Jeremy Lin (chip on his shoulder)

-- Steve Nash ( really old but says he's feeling good and ready)

-- Jordan Clarkson ( says he thinks he may be the best pg in the draft, hmmm..)

**Shooting guard:
-- Kobe Bryant ( coming off two serious injuries, but it's Kobe and I expect superstar status and the venom is back)

-- Nick Young ( he feels at home and finally long term deal plus has his girl Iggy, can we expect even more swag and make his brand even bigger?)

-- Xavier Henry ( his potential his high, do we expect a breakout season?)

**Small forward:
-- Wes Johnson ( mr. Inconsistent but his athletism and hustle is fun and needed)

**Power forwards:
-- Carlos Boozer ( Kobe said get ready to play, will Kobe bring a mean determination and we see a 16-10 guy ?

-- Julius Randle ( ROY potential but will he get the minutes?)

-- Ryan Kelly ( is he the next Ryan Anderson, or Luke Walton? I'm actually excited to see his improvement.)

-- Ed Davis ( he signed a cheap deal, he's going to fight for a long term, I see him being our defensive anchor and a very productive year and a fun favorite.)

**Center:
-- Jordan Hill ( like Davis he has a 1yr deal, hopefully he stays healthy. IMO he's super underrated and will be possible trade bait for Kevin Love at the dead line.)

-- Robert Sacre ( I'm not expecting much improvement, but his bench hoorays bring energy.)

So, my question is, are you guys completely satisfied by the FO moves ?

Do you think we need to add another player. I have a few guys I'd like to look into. We have 2 spots left, I'd love to do a trade and bring a guard up from the DL.

The 2 guys I wanna add are Rodrique Beaubois or DeAndre Kane. We can't trust Nash and Lin to stay healthy, I'm confused on why Beaubois hasn't gotten any offers from others. To me he reminds me of Darren Collison but with better defense, I think he's perfect on this team because we lack hustle defensive guys.

My other guy to go after is Tobias Harris from Orlando. He's expiring and with Orlando drafting Gordon makes him expendable. My offer would be Wes Johnson, Robert Sacre and Houston's 1st for Tobias Harris. Harris is a big SF who can also run PF, he's getting better and I think would fit with us. Orlando is lacking a center and Johnson fits their uptempo type of play and plus a pick ranged 20-28 IMO.

We now are at 13 spots allowing us to sign 2 guys to the vet. First we need a center, a legit 7ft guy and I like Jermaine O'neal and 2nd I say bring Metta Peace back in. Why not ? He's a fan favorite, he's fun and he won't play much but we can use his goofiness. I also like the mentoring he can give Harris.

My roster to start the season if hope and be satisfied with.

Jeremy Lin - Steve Nash - Rodrique Beaubois
Kobe Bryant - Nick Young - Jordan Clarkson
Tobias Harris - Xavier Henry - Metta Peace
Carlos Boozer - Julius Randle - Ryan Kelly
Jordan Hill - Ed Davis - Jermaine O'neal

This team will give you 100% because,
1. Lin, Beaubois, Clarkson, Harris, Henry, Hill, and Davis are all playing for a contract. Now, this could be a good or bad thing, are these guys going to play with the team or them selfs. For example look at Meeks and Baxemore, they gave it their all and got contracts.. I see with having Kobe and a guy like Boozer who are both veteran leaders helping mentoring and working their asses off.

Let me know how you want to fill out our finishing touches,any guys on the SL team you like and any trade ideas? Or do you think we are fine as is ?

Trades or no signings I'm pretty content on our team but we do need to add defense. Beaubois, Harris, Marion, O'neal, etc.. We need to get defense.

Go lakers!!
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject:

For a plan B, I thought we did a great job this off-season. Or at least it's close to the best we could have done for a plan B. What I like is that we have a lot of players who feel like 'they have something to prove'. Also, I think Ed Davis could be the biggest steal of the off season.

I just wish JVG or some other more favorable coaches would have been available.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject:

We should go after Marion. That would make a complete off-season. Marion would surely make us a competitive team in the West. Also he fills the greatest void on our team.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject:

We have a core?
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject:

I'd feel better if we had another shot-blocker and reliable/proven depth at PG. Otherwise, I think the Lakers have done a solid job putting together a competitive squad completely under the radar.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
We should go after Marion. That would make a complete off-season. Marion would surely make us a competitive team in the West. Also he fills the greatest void on our team.

Marion would be a nice addition. Just do not see him signing with the Lakers. Same money can be had with a better team. Same with O'Neal. Not many viable FAs left. Not expecting any major impact types added.

Overall they did a nice job of constructing the team while staying under the constraints of the maximum financial flexibility in the future plan.

I like the mix of vets and young players at every position. Some new faces but bringing back several players should help with some level of team continuity and chemistry. Even with a new HC and system.

I am very interested to see the emphasis in the front court to more athleticism and effort. Kaman and Gasol on defensive rotations was brutal. I expect more challenges at the rim. More effort on rebounding.

Agree that Davis could have a big impact this year. Also think Randle will be a nice solid player. Rookie struggles will happen but I think his skillset and attitude translates well to the Pro game.

Nash is the one big unknown. Will he be healthy? Will he be traded? If he is, what type of player would the Lakers get back? Until this question is answered it is difficult to speculate.

Also have to put Kobe in the unknown category too. Can he be top 5? Top 10? Top 20? If healthy and even 80% of what he was the Lakers could fun to watch and competitive for a 8th seed. That would be my most optimistic expectation of this roster.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject:

Satisfied? No, we are in the early phases of rebuilding. But I will enjoy this team because I do think they are on the right track and several of these guys will end up part of the core or pieces around it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject:

I think the team may look a bit different by the trade deadline, especially re: Hill.

As 24 said, we are really rebuilding (don't tell Kobe about that though). This isn't a finished product by any means but at least we've started climbing the rebuild mountain.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
We have a core?
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

^How quickly we forget that Jordan was almost nearly traded last year toward the deadline to the Brooklyn Nets. According to Pincus, once JH inked his deal, he's can't be traded until 1/15/15. That will give us around 30 days to field offers for him; maybe for an actual starting SF?

Either way, I agree with the assessment we're not done trading or moving pieces. We'll be active until February until the trade deadline kicks in.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
^How quickly we forget that Jordan was almost nearly traded last year toward the deadline to the Brooklyn Nets. According to Pincus, once JH inked his deal, he's can't be traded until 1/15/15. That will give us around 30 days to field offers for him; maybe for an actual starting SF?

Either way, I agree with the assessment we're not done trading or moving pieces. We'll be active until February until the trade deadline kicks in.

I'm fairly certain that in conjunction with his large salary for this year, there was an implicit understanding that they would see if he was open to being traded, though it would require his approval (unless the Lakers opted into the 2nd year). So maybe around the trade deadline, there is a contender that may be interested in him (and he mutually agrees). Otherwise he's a placeholder and I doubt he's in the Lakers long term plans.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
We have a core?

We have a Randle.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
We have a core?
Just wanted to say I didn't expect to see a Castle fan here. Nice Caskett pic.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

I'm fairly certain that in conjunction with his large salary for this year, there was an implicit understanding that they would see if he was open to being traded, though it would require his approval (unless the Lakers opted into the 2nd year). So maybe around the trade deadline, there is a contender that may be interested in him (and he mutually agrees). Otherwise he's a placeholder and I doubt he's in the Lakers long term plans.

Hill's salary is large because it's only a one year deal. Like you said, he'll OK a trade if he likes the team, not because it's good for the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

Hill's salary is large because it's only a one year deal. Like you said, he'll OK a trade if he likes the team, not because it's good for the Lakers.

Yup. No doubt that he was overpaid to have a one year (plus team option) as a placeholder. Lakers will look for offers around the deadline for him. I don't think he was ever a part of the future core going forward.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

Yes. I am satisfied with plan 7.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Yes. I am satisfied with plan 7B.

corrected.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
epak wrote:
Yes. I am satisfied with plan 7B.

corrected.

We have a plan?
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers can stay healthy I think they will be competitive. That's a big if, though.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

SF doesn't worry me because I think they decided Kobe/Nick Young can start there, with Randle starting at SF vs the SF/PF hybrid types.

And maybe have Henry back them up.

CE worries me more... Emeka would be very nice to have. If he could give 15 minutes a game that'd go a long way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject:

Nope.

But what choice do we have? Like 24 mentioned this is a rebuilding process

Wont be satisfied for a while.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject:

Sorry. I'm the average, spoiled Laker fan. Nothing short of a championship satisfies me. But I love this team regardless of anything.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup. No doubt that he was overpaid to have a one year (plus team option) as a placeholder. Lakers will look for offers around the deadline for him. I don't think he was ever a part of the future core going forward.

I don't think we have a future core yet.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject:

No, but it will have to do for this year. It will force these guys to raise their game in order to compete in the conference.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject:

Why would any true Lakers fan be satisfied with a team that has no chance to win a championship and no true building blocks with the exception of (maybe) Randle?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: