Are you satisfied so far with our current core ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

I still have my pipe dream ( alive )that Hibbert will come over here in 2015.

I really think the new environment can help him, and whats 15mil rental for one year in Lakers right?

Kareem, placing my bets/hopes on you

R.Hibbert, wearing purple & gold next year = my pipe-dream... Lolz
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

This is going to be another team with awful defense.
Triple Double
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject:

No starting Center & SF, borderline starting PG and PF. And old Kobe coming off two serious injuries? No, I don't like that core.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

am I satisfied? No, because it feels like a tank squad.
mugwump
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject:

Yeah, the off season for the scrub teams is the best part of the year when things appear the most hopeful. Also the beginning of the season, when the weaker teams outperform at full effort. I personally don't enjoy having a scrub team, but YMMV.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
am I satisfied? No, because it feels like a tank squad.

I wish it was a tank squad! That could actually help in future development. Sadly it looks like they're just splitting difference and collecting names and personalities to sell to gullible fans...Lin, Boozer, "Swaggy P".
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

Clarkson, Xavier Henry, Wes Johnson, Ed Davis and Randle could be part of a championship level squad rotation. Some of them could be more than that.

So, yes, i'm satisfied. You add Lin, Nash, Kobe, Swaggy, Boozer and Hill and we just got us a good mix of players, i think.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

Not really to be honest. We aren't a playoff team but we won't be bottom 5 either. Offensively we will be fun to watch, but defensively it's going to be painful.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
We should go after Marion. That would make a complete off-season. Marion would surely make us a competitive team in the West. Also he fills the greatest void on our team.

+1 if available, adds defensive hustle and another energy guy with veteran experience.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

i don't care, i think the very primordial soup of a future laker core consists of julius randle, and....jeremy lin. just wait.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Not really to be honest. We aren't a playoff team but we won't be bottom 5 either. Offensively we will be fun to watch, but defensively it's going to be painful.

If you like watching 1-on-1/rec. league type ball the offense might be entertaining. I actually really enjoyed watching last year's team before the injuries totally kneecapped them.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Clarkson, Xavier Henry, Wes Johnson, Ed Davis and Randle could be part of a championship level squad rotation. Some of them could be more than that.

So, yes, i'm satisfied. You add Lin, Nash, Kobe, Swaggy, Boozer and Hill and we just got us a good mix of players, i think.

mismatched parts.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

mismatched parts.

Work in progress.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject:

I like that they went after the big dogs, and when they didn't get them, they didn't throw their cap space at mediocre players long term, as Cuban did. There are pieces here, and that bodes well for the future.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I like that they went after the big dogs, and when they didn't get them, they didn't throw their cap space at mediocre players long term, as Cuban did. There are pieces here, and that bodes well for the future.

As someone who hates the mavs and mark Cuban I think they had a really great offseason. The only long term contract they handed out was parsons and he only got 3 years. Monta Ellis is on a cheap deal, Tyson chandlers contract expires after this year, dirk howitzer took a big layout, and they got jammer Nelson cheaply. I think they built the best possible roster to maximize dirks last effective years without jeopardizing cap space for 2016 and 2017.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

We don't have a lot of center nor small forward. And old guys like Jermaine or Metta are not a solution. At least not on the court - maybe on the coaching staff.
If the front office can find some quality players for those spots I don't mind the unproven/old point guards.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject:

Lin/Nash/Clarkson
Bryant/Henry
Johnson/Young
Boozer/Randle/Kelly
Hill/Davis/Sacre

By "core," if you mean guys that will be in P&G by the time 2016 FA class and the next superstar becomes available (Durant, Lebron? ... + Noah), I've highlighted them.

Therefore, our team could potentially look like this in 2016:

Lin/Clarkson/
Young/
Durant/
Randle/Kelly/
Noah/Davis/
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
We should go after Marion. That would make a complete off-season. Marion would surely make us a competitive team in the West. Also he fills the greatest void on our team.

He makes us better but not contenders. He's up in age and I see him resigning in Dallas or going to teams like Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, San Antonio, or Indiana. Houston and San Antonio can give MLE money
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
Why would any true Lakers fan be satisfied with a team that has no chance to win a championship and no true building blocks with the exception of (maybe) Randle?

Well c'mon. We do have young players. We got Ed Davis for very cheap, are you not satisfied with that deal. I get annoyed of fans who expect greatness every year. Yes we want it but you're not going to get it. I'm satisfied with our draft picks. Lin has a chip on his shoulder maybe he will produce 16 and 6 and loves it here in LA and resigns cheap. I love that we brought Henry back as I think he will surprise many.

Like a user said above we may have tons of trade chips to get Love. If Hill and Henry improve we might be able to get a solid player.

I think as a rebuilding team we have a good team that may make the playoffs.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject:

It'll do until Kobe retires and the team can fully commit to rebuilding.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject:

Triple Double wrote:
No starting Center & SF, borderline starting PG and PF. And old Kobe coming off two serious injuries? No, I don't like that core.

Think about what can come of it though.

Look at our young players: Clarkson, Henry, Kelly, Randle, and Davis these guys have potential to be solid rotation guys/ all stars/ superstar. You have veterans with great work ethic. Yes this season won't be championship but moving on I'm actually reall excited. Tons of money again next season with the chance of our young guys becoming special players
PauXXL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject:

I'm okay with this squad. I know we won't be as bad defensively as last year when we set records and would give up over 130 ppg.

Hill, Davis, Randle and Boozer should be athletic enough to get to different spots on the floor defensivley and rotate. Lin, Johnson and Henry should also be able to do the same. I don't know where Kobe is, but hopefully he'll be at least 80% of what he was and determined. I personnaly would like to add Sessions cuz Nash is done and Clarkson is just a rookie.

I like Scott because he's a true Laker and this is his dream job. I see this team if healthy winning 42-45 games. I think they'll be fun to watch. It will remind me of the 93-94 Lakers team with Van Excel, Peeler, Christie, Ceballos, Campbell etc. They played hard and were fun to watch.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Triple Double wrote:

Look at our young players: Clarkson, Henry, Kelly, Randle, and Davis these guys have potential to be solid rotation guys/ all stars/ superstar. You have veterans with great work ethic. Yes this season won't be championship but moving on I'm actually reall excited. Tons of money again next season with the chance of our young guys becoming special players

Where is Kelly suppose to get time? He's the tallest and longest player on the team. Center, I guess...

Last edited by greenfrog on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject:

PauXXL wrote:
I'm okay with this squad. I know we won't be as bad defensively as last year when we set records and would give up over 130 ppg.

we might be as bad and give up less points if you adjust for pace.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
Triple Double wrote:

Where is Kelly suppose to get time? He's the tallest and longest player on the team. Center when Hill is hungover?

Well don't expect boozer, Randle, Davis, and hill to stay healthy all 82 games. Plus he is versatile enough to match lineups. He can also play the 3 if needed. He will get time
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: