Houston 2015 pick position?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject:

If we make the playoffs then our pick would go to the Suns and we would be done with them

Houston can miss the playoffs and we get a high draft pick

please basketball gods be with us..
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject:

A.J. Hammons could be a really nice pro center. He's strong, 7ft with a 7-3 wingspan and protects the rim. I'd like to see him fall to the Houston pick. That would give them a strong, skilled and athletic enough interior for years.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
A.J. Hammons could be a really nice pro center. He's strong, 7ft with a 7-3 wingspan and protects the rim. I'd like to see him fall to the Houston pick. That would give them a strong, skilled and athletic enough interior for years.

Centers Dakari Johnson, Frank Kaminsky and guard Wayne Selden may also be available in the 20-30 range (if we are lucky).
NomisR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject:

Cup-of-noodles wrote:
If we make the playoffs then our pick would go to the Suns and we would be done with them

Houston can miss the playoffs and we get a high draft pick

please basketball gods be with us..

In order for us to get their draft pick though, they would have to at least make the play offs.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

Centers Dakari Johnson, Frank Kaminsky and guard Wayne Selden may also be available in the 20-30 range (if we are lucky).

I'm really starting to grow a fondness for Kaminsky's game...I like his skillset...
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:

i don't care if we don't get the pick next year.. i'm fine with waiting a year or two to get a 11-15 pick.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
pio2u wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

I'm really starting to grow a fondness for Kaminsky's game...I like his skillset...

I saw him 2-3 times on TV; Kaminsky has a sweet game.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject:

You can't go based on what the mock draft says from NOW lol.

Dante Exum was projected to be like a 40th pick at this time of year last year.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

I agree with your first statement, but in regards to your second statement many mocks outside of maybe DX had Dante Exum as a top 5 pick in this draft before the CBB season began.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: The case for Delon Wright

jonnybravo wrote:
MJST wrote:
Being that we have Houston's pick and our pick is going to be somewhere in the late teens or early 20s most likely.

If you're looking for a 'point guard' that's a passer as well as skilled, I'd strongly recommend Delon Wright. He'll come into his 2nd year of college this year. His first year he averaged 15.5p/6.8r/5.3a/2.5stls/1.3blks a game his first year, and shot 56% from the field(63% on 2 pointers) and that was in his first year. He has very sneaky quicks and a lightning fast first step. He has a very smooth, controlled and paced game, not too high not too low, has patience to wait to turn on the jets instead of having them on all the time. That's why I called his quicks sneaky because he doesn't seem quick till he shows it and when he shows it he's left the top of the key where he was defended at the rim already.

Flown under the radar for the most part and will likely get more attention this year. Dropped 23/12/6 on Fresno State at 75% shooting, 14/7/6 at 60% shooting on OregonSt, 27/11/9 on 58% shooting on Washington, 22/6/5/6steals as well as 20/9/5 on USC, 19/6/4 on Arizona, 17/11/7 on Colorado, 22/9/6 on ArizSt in 100% shooting. So he's got a lot of talent and he's flown under the radar a bit which is why he's going to hopefully be within our range unless he impresses more this year in his 2nd year and moves up. If he stays under the radar he could fall to the Lakers.

You may want to check him out. If Clarkson is a scoring point guard/shooting guard/combo guard, Wright is more of a pure point and both of them could be used effectively with each other or playing next to each other.

Just worth taking a look at.

1:04 to see him use his first step.

He's also from Los Angeles but that's beside the point. I'm sure the Lakers have an eye on him but just in case some of you guys haven't seen him.

Nice first post.

Thanks
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:

He destroyed Randle in high school (Randle was a junior). I'm sure it would be a nice reunion. If only he had any offensive skills...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

Checking the official NBA transctions, they still have "?-?" for the protection on that draft pick. No official word what the protection is.
Lukellipsis
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Checking the official NBA transctions, they still have "?-?" for the protection on that draft pick. No official word what the protection is.

its now up on RealGM
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

2015 first round draft pick from Houston
Houston's 1st round pick to the L.A. Lakers protected for selections 1-14 in 2015, 1-10 in 2016, 1-10 in 2017, 1-5 in 2018, 1-5 in 2019 and 1-3 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 [Houston-L.A. Lakers, 7/13/2014]

the 2nd rounder we are doubtfully actually getting from the Clippers as part of that deal is funny... has to fall into a very tight draft range:

2015 second round draft pick from L.A. Clippers
L.A. Clippers' 2015 2nd round pick to the L.A. Lakers (via Toronto to Houston) protected for selections 31-50 and 56-60 (if this pick falls within either of its protected ranges and is therefore not conveyed, then the L.A. Clippers' obligation to the L.A. Lakers will be extinguished) [L.A. Clippers-Toronto, 1/7/2009 then Houston-Toronto, 7/28/2010 then Houston-L.A. Lakers, 7/13/2014]
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

Luke... wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

its now up on RealGM

Houston's 1st round pick to the L.A. Lakers protected for selections 1-14 in 2015, 1-10 in 2016, 1-10 in 2017, 1-5 in 2018, 1-5 in 2019 and 1-3 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 [Houston-L.A. Lakers, 7/13/2014]

the 2nd rounder we are doubtfully actually getting from the Clippers as part of that deal is funny... has to fall into a very tight draft range:

L.A. Clippers' 2015 2nd round pick to the L.A. Lakers (via Toronto to Houston) protected for selections 31-50 and 56-60 (if this pick falls within either of its protected ranges and is therefore not conveyed, then the L.A. Clippers' obligation to the L.A. Lakers will be extinguished) [L.A. Clippers-Toronto, 1/7/2009 then Houston-Toronto, 7/28/2010 then Houston-L.A. Lakers, 7/13/2014]

So our first round pick is a late pick or nothing at all. Damn, but what can we expect when the asset we're trading is this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Lishouk.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

Luke... wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

its now up on RealGM

Thanks for posting. That Clipper pick is pretty funny, I would love to see it fall 51-55.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luke... wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

its now up on RealGM

Thanks for posting. That Clipper pick is pretty funny, I would love to see it fall 51-55.

TRADE FODDER
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

30 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

I agree with your first statement, but in regards to your second statement many mocks outside of maybe DX had Dante Exum as a top 5 pick in this draft before the CBB season began.

Somewhere I seen Exum in the second round lol. I know im not crazy.

Its really impossible at this point to know who's going to be available in the 16 to 30 range. Top 10? I'd say you have a pretty good idea. 16 to 30? So many people can move up and down in the draft in that area..
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
pio2u wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

Physical players seem to be his kryptonite, He had trouble I know with Dakari Johnson on both ends in the tournament.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Justwar wrote:
pio2u wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
pio2u wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

Physical players seem to be his kryptonite, He had trouble I know with Dakari Johnson on both ends in the tournament.

FK is definitely not a physical player. He may be a stretch 4 in the pros because of his shot.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

i've had the correct trade info up since the deal at BasketballInsiders.com fwiw

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary/
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject:

Thanks eric
Clears the fog up from the trades

#11 will bring a nice pick ...hopefully Houstons Chokes big time

If we can squeek into the playoffs the Suns can have the high pick(20 plus)...
and we are done with them
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: