What's your expectations for next season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Expectations for next year?
NBA Lottery
41%
 41%  [ 57 ]
NBA Playoffs
38%
 38%  [ 53 ]
NBA Finals
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NBA Championship
19%
 19%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 136

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
If we make the play-offs it will be one of the top NBA storylines of the year and it would strike fear in Laker haters around the globe.

Lakers are one of the top NBA storylines every year any way. Win or lose.

Possibly even more when they lose. The "Laker Haters" can freely spew the insults and snide remarks.

Will be interesting to how the commentary would change if the Lakers get a playoff spot.

Scott becomes a better HC and most likely COY. Kobe becomes a larger legend. The rest of the roster suddenly becomes better. Or would the media just focus on the playoff loss?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
pio2u wrote:
If we make the play-offs it will be one of the top NBA storylines of the year and it would strike fear in Laker haters around the globe.

Lakers are one of the top NBA storylines every year any way. Win or lose.

Possibly even more when they lose. The "Laker Haters" can freely spew the insults and snide remarks.

Will be interesting to how the commentary would change if the Lakers get a playoff spot.

Scott becomes a better HC and most likely COY. Kobe becomes a larger legend. The rest of the roster suddenly becomes better. Or would the media just focus on the playoff loss?
The play-off loss (of course)
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject:

!...
lgnofridge
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject:

Lakers will make the playoffs as an 8th seed with a 47-35 record. Teams in the Eastern Conference are getting better overall and those in the West are more competitive than last year.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject:

Very rarely does a team make a jump from 27 wins to the 50-52 that it will require to make the playoffs, even if Kobe was in his PRIME. This year is about getting Randle some experience, getting Kobe healthy, and getting Nash's toxic contract off the books. EVERYTHING goes perfectly, this team wins 42 games, which we all know isn't even threatening a playoff spot in the west. Question is, name a roster WORSE than the Lakers roster in the west....
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject:

I don't think us simply squeezing into the 8th spot in the playoffs would be a big deal to anyone. To really raise some eyebrows, we'd have to be a 4-5 seed and progress into the second round or finals.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

I don't think us simply squeezing into the 8th spot in the playoffs would be a big deal to anyone. To really raise some eyebrows, we'd have to be a 4-5 seed and progress into the second round or finals.

All I have been hearing from most fans and media is how bad a HC Scott is, how old Kobe is, how bad this roster is, how bad a defensive team they will be, too many PFs, etc....

Yet now you are suggesting that if the Lakers improve 23 games to win 50 and earn a playoff spot it is not a big accomplishment? Ho Hum!

Considering where they are starting from I would take that outcome in a second.

You are setting your standards pretty high for 5th seed and into the second round for it to impress you. Lakers pull that one off this year and they would even knock Lebron out of the headlines.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

As I said in another thread, 10-12 game improvement. Realistically, IMO, the goal should end up being ending at least the season at .500. That'd be a 14 game improvement and that would mean things are moving in the right direction.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject:

35-47 if Kobe plays the entire season.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject:

if no significant injuries, 8th seed and fighting for 7th.

if scott is willing to let the young ones play at a good pace, the team would rock. half court offense with kobe, boozer, and lin would be fine. but it's the transition offense where i think we have the most potential with lin, swaggy p, clarkson, and randle.
Lin
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject:

I am optimistic and voted they will make the playoffs. They will play hard and win admiration from fans for their willingness to compete then lose in maybe 5games in th 1st round.

If I was more realistic, they will put a nice effort but fall short of the 8th seed.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Hoping for the best, but really expecting another disappointing trip to the lotto this year.
Sccit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

expecting playoffs, reaching for the championship
angus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Outstanding chemistry builds throughout the year with Kobe's surprising return to form, Lin's unleasing leading to an all-star worthy PG performance in 2nd half of the year, Boozer surprises, Hill's improvement and heavier use by Scott, team defense based on focused hardworking effort and a group with chips on their shoulder lead amazingly to...

50-32, 6th seed, push 2nd round playoffs to 7th game loss, the top NBA media feel-good-for-the-underdog stories of the year
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

25 wins, 57 losses, and a chance at a top-5 pick, but only luck will tell.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Playoff season, 50 wins - and the gradual realization by Kobe and Byron that the "There's only two states in the NBA, winning and misery" philosophy is unhealthy and unrealistic.

50 wins is possible to me, because:

(a) Kobe is supposedly healthy - but even with all his conditioning and skill practice, I'm only expecting him to be a 20/4/4 player, maybe a 23/5/5. Father Time is undefeated, but Kobe was already converting to a below-the-rim game for the past 5 years, anyway.

(b) Lin is infinitely better than anyone we've had at PG the past 6 years... and at his peak in NY, he was, what? A 17 and 6 guy with no one else to demand the ball? Still, that's better on both sides than any single PG we've had in 2 decades.

Great post!! I totally agree about Kobe. Lin, at the peak of Linsanity I think it was about 25pts a game avg. the highest being 38pts of course. He has yet to break 38, but he did drop 38 on the Spurs and scored more than 30 in a few games I believe.. He's an efficient scorer, not a chucker. I'm hoping to see him break 40pts this season.

I'm just hoping for the best. At least the Lakers will be fun to watch again and exciting. Last season I just refused to watch most of the time because every time I went to a bar the Lakers were down 30-40 pts.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Every year is RING
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
25 wins, 57 losses, and a chance at a top-5 pick, but only luck will tell.

we will be worse than last year? why?
slestack11
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject:

The biggest question will be injuries with this team. But if everyone can stay healthy, I think this Lakers group can surprise and not only make the playoffs, but make the second round.
Xtreme
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Look at how many ppl pick tanking

How you suppose to get in lottery with Kobe and lin andBoozer?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
As I said in another thread, 10-12 game improvement. Realistically, IMO, the goal should end up being ending at least the season at .500. That'd be a 14 game improvement and that would mean things are moving in the right direction.

Last year's record is misleading. It doesn't truly reflect the team.

The amount of injuries they had was unprecedented. That team would have been .500 if they had been reasonably healthy. (even without Kobe)
everyteardrop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Every year is RING

this
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject:

In a perfect world where everything runs on all cylinders.... 48-34 and a shot at a playoff spot....

If the wheels all come off again? 32 or so wins and no pick, as we will still not be bad enough to be in the bottom 5....

In a realistic world.... 42-40.....
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject:

poor Kobe, he will never get his 6th ring...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

Last year's record is misleading. It doesn't truly reflect the team.

The amount of injuries they had was unprecedented. That team would have been .500 if they had been reasonably healthy. (even without Kobe)

The two most injured guys are back though. But I agree (and hope) the injury bug is gone. Just really a bummer seeing all-time greats like Kobe/Nash sidelined.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: