Do you want Michael Beasley to sign with the Lakers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Beasley to the Lakers?
Yes.
64%
 64%  [ 234 ]
No.
35%
 35%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 361

Sccit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Do you want Michael Beasley to sign with the Lakers?

Considering the recent work-outs we held for Beasley, let's get an official count of how many LGers would appreciate his services off the bench..

Go
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Since I did not see him workout, I voted NO...
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I don't like his attitude. Nope.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

No, would rather have Marion. Or if Marion won't come, Glen Rice
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Only if he doesn't mind being Wes and X's back up aka injury insurance player.

If he is looking to start, that is not gonna happen here.

I would much rather have Wes, X and other players getting minutes at SF.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Heck no. We have great locker room guys. Don't want him messing it up. And do we really need another pf? One who plays less defense than the ones we have? Unless he is bench fodder and used in a trade as an asset, still he's too high risk with the current squad. We don't even need him. If he was crucial for us like in last year's squad, perhaps, but not with this squad.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Currently sitting at 16 yes/16 no. Laker nation divided?

Edit: I broke the tie.
cheetos82
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:

.....did you say Glen Rice?.....
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject:

I voted yes. It's not like we are giving up anything to get him or signing him to a long term deal. It would be a 1 year deal for the minimum. If he plays well then he's a bargain, if not then we could simply just cut him.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Sure, why the heck not. I doubt the Lakers make the playoffs anyway.
ef0cmacro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

No. The future of the franchise depends on it.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
I voted yes. It's not like we are giving up anything to get him or signing him to a long term deal. It would be a 1 year deal for the minimum. If he plays well then he's a bargain, if not then we could simply just cut him.

We give up locker room chemistry imo. Don't want this druggie and history of being a cancer messing with our youngsters, guys like wes, kelly, randle, x.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

We give up locker room chemistry imo. Don't want this druggie and history of being a cancer messing with our youngsters, guys like wes, kelly, randle, x.

I think we have enough veteran leadership with Kobe, Nash, and Boozer so it won't be a problem.

I never heard him have any problems with Miami last year and would take a chance on him.

I understand that he doesn't have a great reputation but people can change and I doubt we would sign him if it would hurt the team negatively.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

I think we have enough veteran leadership with Kobe, Nash, and Boozer so it won't be a problem.

I never heard him have any problems with Miami last year and would take a chance on him.

I understand that he doesn't have a great reputation but people can change and I doubt we would sign him if it would hurt the team negatively.

He's why they didn't 3 peat.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

No to Beasley. He doesn't play defense and he's a bad locker room guy. We don't need this guy around the younger players on the team.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Really? He barely played during the playoffs.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Really? He barely played during the playoffs.

He ruined their Locker room supposedly...No I'm just kidding. You're right about our veteran leadership. Still think he'd be a complication and liability. Even if we have veterans to put him in check I wouldn't want a guy whom needs to actually be put in check. Our veterans don't need to waste their time on that nonsense.

I was just kidding about beasely being why heat lost. I understand your view, I just don't think he's worth the risk, while u do, I was just being sarcastic with my previous post .
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

The Heat needed bench scoring more then ever vs the Spurs but his defense is so bad that Spoelstra never played him, he didn't suit up in some games.

Beasley is a tweener, not strong enough to guard PF's in the post and doesn't have the quikness to guard SF's. The only way Beasley will have a career in the NBA as a 6th man is if he's playing next to a great defensive C like Noah, Howard, or Marc to cover him for his defense. Otherwise, he'll be out of the league in a year or two.

Last edited by Dave20 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Yes. The team stunk last season, good chemistry not withstanding, and won't sniff the postseason this year, so let's see what he can do. If he blows it, just get rid of him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject:

im torn.
the bad: he's most likely going to hinder either Randle's or Xavier's development. if he's in the 2nd unit, he's going to take valuable touches away from Randle; add that with Swaggy P..
and X might just get no playing time with Beasley/Wes playing the 3 ; and i like Xavier.

the (pipe dream) good: im truly embarrassed to say that i still believe in his potential. i think he's been used wrong offensively. he was dominant at Kstate when he was just as much of a post player as he was a wing player. in the NBA he's been too much of a wing player. i think he has a serious weight/strength advantage VS. most of today's SFs - put him in the post/high-post, and i think he can be a great scorer (realistically , a 3rd option). man, his 15 foot J is money... he's a gunner -- the long range shots he shoots, why not put him at the high post and have him gun from there instead. that's where his stroke is pretty money. & he can bully some of these SFs and back em down all the way into the low post. - the Parson's, Batum, Ariza, KDs. He's even built thicker/stronger than Leonard and L.Deng. he's a beast for a SF.
and playing off the ball, he can still hit the open 3, so im not worried about that.

so yea, i still love his potential. i have a unique take on why. but, im still embarrassed about it.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Between all the praise for resigning Nick Young and all the votes in support of signing Beasley, there's not a whole lot of appreciation for basketball IQ and professionalism.
Sccit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject:

cheetos82 wrote:
shortodom wrote:

.....did you say Glen Rice?.....

lmao pretty sure he meant glen rice jr. (Summer league MVP)
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
Yes. The team stunk last season, good chemistry not withstanding, and won't sniff the postseason this year, so let's see what he can do. If he blows it, just get rid of him.

I don't get it. We're not winning anything this year so let's just not give a crap? I actually believe in this team and regardless of our chances in the playoffs why make things worse and bring potential drama? I personally wouldn't want randle anywhere near beasely, influencing him in anyway. Sometimes negative influences can really be the key factors in two potentially opposite outcomes within ones life.
Sccit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Actually I think Beasley would be a nice asset off the bench for 15-20 minutes.. The talent is there and I think bein a bench warmer for Miami last season had to be a humbling experience for him. At this point, playing 15 mpg regularly probably sounds good to him.. As it stands, we only have two small forwards on the squad, and only a couple players who can create their own shot consistently. If Kobe and Byron can keep his attitude in check, Beasley can be a great signing...at this point, I too would prefer Marion. But a Beasley signing would be more than welcomed.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Talent is there. give him a chance. Kobe and B Scott will keep him in check.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14
Jump to: