Do you want Michael Beasley to sign with the Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Beasley to the Lakers?
Yes.
64%
 64%  [ 234 ]
No.
35%
 35%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 361

LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject:

I think a lot of our players are gonna change under Scott. Remember a lot of them were "one-pony" shows due to the coach we had. They were licensed to shoot!!!!! You had Wes who was our best defender sitting onthe 3-point line waiting to shoot 3s!!!! Please don't get me started with Pau!!!! I believe Scott will use the strength of the players and adjust his system accordingly. We might be very surprise from what we see some of these guys do. That's my 2-cents.
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject:

^^ Why don't you watch them play together first before you make your decision or go ahead and jump on one of them bandwagons. I heard the clippers have a championship coach and a new owner with deep pockets.

edit: sorry this was in response to ronjeremy's "I don't care they are gonna suck anyways".

Last edited by EmoDias on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers held a free agent workout Tuesday in Los Angeles. The workout included forward Michael Beasley; big men Dexter Pittman, Greg Stiemsma, and Daniel Orton; and guards Bobby Brown, Toney Douglas, Ben Hansbrough and Malcolm Lee.

Too bad none of these big men can do any good in the NBA.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

Beasly will be beastly this year. Hold him accountable on defense and if he is still lazy about it then we got Wes and X to back him up. With Wes and X breathing down his neck and a short leash, Beasly has no other option but to show up and prove something.

I know it's very easy to get over excited about new players on our team but I feel like this year is the real "Team Redemption." Last year was just a precursor of the real comeback team this Lakers squad is gonna be. Go Lakers!!!
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject:

I am torn. He is such a dicey choice. I like his skills, but not enough to not care about this personality issues...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

If you consider Beez a 12-13th player on the team, then it's really not that bad of an idea.

But there are people who here who think Beez will turn the tide for the team. Those people will likely be disappointed.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject:

Well I think he has the potential to play 20-24 minutes a game and get 8-10 ppg. Beasley has the ability to play in a defensive system. No he's not a good individual defender but neither is half this roster.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Well I think he has the potential to play 20-24 minutes a game and get 8-10 ppg. Beasley has the ability to play in a defensive system. No he's not a good individual defender but neither is half this roster.

Frankly, absent Kobe being injured and out for the season, I don't see how Beez can play that many minutes. And I wouldn't want him soaking up minutes at the PF spot and taking valuable time away from Randle (who already seems to have Boozer ahead of him).

At the SF spot, you already have Wes, X, Young (and even possibly Kobe and Randle). Even if you cut Wes out (seems like they want him for defensive purposes), you still don't have 20-24 minutes for Beez. I can see at most 12-15 mpg for Beez.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Frankly, absent Kobe being injured and out for the season, I don't see how Beez can play that many minutes. And I wouldn't want him soaking up minutes at the PF spot and taking valuable time away from Randle (who already seems to have Boozer ahead of him).

At the SF spot, you already have Wes, X, Young (and even possibly Kobe and Randle). Even if you cut Wes out (seems like they want him for defensive purposes), you still don't have 20-24 minutes for Beez. I can see at most 12-15 mpg for Beez.

Minutes are based on play. If Beas outplays Wes and X he will get the minutes. If not, he won't. Not too complicated. There's not many players left out there with his upside, and at this point in our rebuild grabbing players with upside isn't a bad idea. If he sucks you cut him like we did Shawne last year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Minutes are based on play. If Beas outplays Wes and X he will get the minutes. If not, he won't. Not too complicated. There's not many players left out there with his upside, and at this point in our rebuild grabbing players with upside isn't a bad idea. If he sucks you cut him like we did Shawne last year.

I think we should stop using the term "upside" with Beez. He is what he is.

He is still a pretty decent offensive scorer, but I still think the minutes aren't there. He's played a lot of stretch 4 and our PF spot is clogged. He's not an effective pure SF anymore.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

I think he can be another one of those guys that turn thier career around after coming to the lakers and playing next to Kobe. Beasley can play on a big stage, he showed that at kansas. Give him a shot we have literally nothing to lose. Maybe after spending a little time around Kobe and watching how hard he works and how serious he takes the game Beasley will realize that talent can only get you so far. Besides, weed is legal here so half his off court issues are a non issue in p&g.

I really want this guy on the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I think he can be another one of those guys that turn thier career around after coming to the lakers and playing next to Kobe. Beasley can play on a big stage, he showed that at kansas. Give him a shot we have literally nothing to lose. Maybe after spending a little time around Kobe and watching how hard he works and how serious he takes the game Beasley will realize that talent can only get you so far. Besides, weed is legal here so half his off court issues are a non issue in p&g.

Again, Kobe has apparently taken Wes under his wing. How many other players can Kobe mentor? I doubt he wanted to spend the final years of his career as a counselor.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

The truth is he's a better player than Wes. Wes is a better individual defender and runs the floor better. But Beasley is a much better scorer hands down. Depending on the situation Beasley may play more minutes than Wes one game and Wes may play more in another. Xavier shouldn't get any minutes at small forward and he should back-up Kobe and Nick Young at shooting guard.

Plus we know Kobe won't play more than 65 games. More than likley Xavier and Wes will probably get hurt, Randle will hit the wall at some point and be in foul trouble quite a bit. So Beasley should be able to find the floor between 12-24 minutes a game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Just say no to beas please
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Again, Kobe has apparently taken Wes under his wing. How many other players can Kobe mentor? I doubt he wanted to spend the final years of his career as a counselor.

I never said Kobe needed to take him under his wing. Beasley doesn't need Kobe's help with his game because Beasley already has game. He just needs needs to watch Kobe and understand the level of dedication and preparation it takes to be great. It's not all fun and games. Wes is different....he's offensively challenged.
KOBE2007MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers held a free agent workout Tuesday in Los Angeles. The workout included forward Michael Beasley; big men Dexter Pittman, Greg Stiemsma, and Daniel Orton; and guards Bobby Brown, Toney Douglas, Ben Hansbrough and Malcolm Lee.

Toney Douglas may be worth looking at!!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject:

QUOTE from BLEACHER REPORT:

Quote:
It appears as though it's time for the Lakers to weigh the risk of signing Beasley due to his maturity issues against the reward of potentially adding a reliable small forward for the team's attempt of a bounce-back season.

Due to his recent production, it's not exactly safe to say Beasley would warrant a starter's time on the floor. However, he could prove to be a nice rotational piece and would provide insurance for the recently injured Henry.

We'll find out soon enough how newly appointed head coach Byron Scott and general manager Mitch Kupchak handle this situation.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Quote:

he has already committed to playing in china so won't be able to play in the states until the chinese season is over.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Quote:

he has already committed to playing in china so won't be able to play in the states until the chinese season is over.

can't the Lakers buy him out of his contract just like they did with Jordan Farmar last season?
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Quote:

He probably has it in his contract that he can leave any time to sign with an NBA team....I've seen that before.
Since the 80's...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Quote:

While Douglas and Brown have already signed contracts to play in China next season, they both still have the ability to sign with the Lakers. Yet Douglas' agent, David Falk, told USA TODAY Sports that the 28-year-old point guard still intends on playing with the Jiangsu Dragons on his one-year deal. USA Today Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/los_angeles_lakers#sthash.SyEg1Vnk.dpuf
Since the 80's...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Free-agent forward Michael Beasley worked out this week for the Lakers for the second time. As confirmed by his agent, Jared Karnes, Beasley has met twice with the Lakers this off-season but has yet to reach any agreement with the team on a contract. Los Angeles Times - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/los_angeles_lakers#sthash.SyEg1Vnk.dpuf
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Since the 80's... wrote:
tirebiter wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Quote:

While Douglas and Brown have already signed contracts to play in China next season, they both still have the ability to sign with the Lakers. Yet Douglas' agent, David Falk, told USA TODAY Sports that the 28-year-old point guard still intends on playing with the Jiangsu Dragons on his one-year deal. USA Today Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/los_angeles_lakers#sthash.SyEg1Vnk.dpuf

Money is probably much better too.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I think that Henry has more upside, but like Beasley, will we ever see it?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking the same thing. Beas has some potential playing the 3-4, but so does Henry, Randle, Kelly, and Davis. We will see how Scott juggles his minutes/rotations. At least Nash is a walker (Walking dead) and Boozer is over the hill. So maybe we'll get a better look at the young guys.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14
Jump to: