Do you want Michael Beasley to sign with the Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Beasley to the Lakers?
Yes.
64%
 64%  [ 234 ]
No.
35%
 35%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 361

ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
Hell yeah..

He's low risk high reward.

Beasley isn't know as being a problem in the locker room so he's not going to effect team chemistry. He's actually been well liked by his teammates throughout his career. Most of his issues have been off the court and lack of focus and work ethic.

Beasley's problem are nearly identical to those of Lamar Odom. He's still young and can turn things around if placed in the right environment. Having Byron Scott, Kobe, and Nash to mentor him could do wonders for the kid.

Yeah. I don't know that it's *that* serious.

Sometimes all a player needs is the right environment. Minnesota was full of youngsters that were going nowhere quick. Phoenix was basically the same way.

He wasn't that bad in Miami during his second stint in terms of attitude and whatever I don't think. LeBron James and Kobe Bryant are two completely different beasts when it comes to keeping people in check.

People here act as if he's going to be passing out blunts to everyone in the Lakers locker-room.

He gets buckets. He's still young. If it doesn't pan out - waive him and be done with it. Y'all act as if a minimum contract is going to cripple the Lakers flexibility lol. If he's available for that price you do it and not think twice about it.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject:

Lebron looks like he's ok with Beasley to me lol http://thebiglead.com/2014/01/28/lebron-james-and-michael-beasley-and-the-most-elaborate-handshake-routine-ever-gif-ed/

Stop going off what a Boston globe reporters source says.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
Lebron got fed up with him due to his lack of Intensity + Spoelstra stopped trusting him.... he stopped using him completely towards the end of March.

He averaged 15 mins last season... doesn't show any progress to me.

Bottom line is that he has a 10 cent head. You can't fix that. Just another Gerald Green.

Where did you hear this because Pat Riley said yesterday he may bring him back.
The facts are clear... just look at his game logs from last season. He was barely used as the season went along AND he only got 5.8 mins per game in the playoffs And most of that was in the last blowout against SA in garbage time.

Here's the log: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3418/michael-beasley

As far as now, the Heat are looking to see if they can find anyone else that's better to be the backup behind Deng. If they don't why the heck not... Beasley can play the 15-18 mins per game that are left after Deng's 30-33.

As far as James... he can be friends with Beasley while not respecting his game. I mean, Kobe likes Kwame Brown as a person too
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject:

Folks have thrown in the towel already so they won't even give players that could make a small difference the time of the day... SMH. If we can sign and contain Metta, who is the craziest player in the NBA, i don't see why we cannot do the same with Beasley.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
Hell yeah..

He's low risk high reward.

Beasley isn't know as being a problem in the locker room so he's not going to effect team chemistry. He's actually been well liked by his teammates throughout his career. Most of his issues have been off the court and lack of focus and work ethic.

Beasley's problem are nearly identical to those of Lamar Odom. He's still young and can turn things around if placed in the right environment. Having Byron Scott, Kobe, and Nash to mentor him could do wonders for the kid.

Yeah. I don't know that it's *that* serious.

Sometimes all a player needs is the right environment. Minnesota was full of youngsters that were going nowhere quick. Phoenix was basically the same way.

He wasn't that bad in Miami during his second stint in terms of attitude and whatever I don't think. LeBron James and Kobe Bryant are two completely different beasts when it comes to keeping people in check.

People here act as if he's going to be passing out blunts to everyone in the Lakers locker-room.

He gets buckets. He's still young. If it doesn't pan out - waive him and be done with it. Y'all act as if a minimum contract is going to cripple the Lakers flexibility lol. If he's available for that price you do it and not think twice about it.

I'm not talking about Lamar Odom NOW I'm talking about when Lamar was the same age. Odom got into the same trouble and had the same rep as Beasley before coming to the Lakers.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject:

It seemed like only so long ago we missed him at the deadline and everyone was frazzled. Now we have a chance to get him for nothing and nobody wants him.

People for his career he's 13ppg and 5rpg. I'd take that any day from a 3 who's only 25/26 years old. He's worth the low cost risk especially with the Lakers in a rebuilding phase.

Our rebounds should come from our 4/5 positions, but we need a player in the starting rotation to take some scoring load off of Kobe so he can work his way back into game form. Johnson can provide defense when needed and we can play matchup's when facing opponents with strong wing players.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject:

Hell yeah. I've wanted Beasley for years. He has the tools to be a very good in this league. He just needs some guidance. In any event, we don't have a legitimate starting small forward, in my opinion. Or have him come off the bench and run up the scoreboard with Swaggy P and Nash (if healthy) running the offense. It could be something special to watch.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
Car54 wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
Lebron got fed up with him due to his lack of Intensity + Spoelstra stopped trusting him.... he stopped using him completely towards the end of March.

He averaged 15 mins last season... doesn't show any progress to me.

Bottom line is that he has a 10 cent head. You can't fix that. Just another Gerald Green.

Where did you hear this because Pat Riley said yesterday he may bring him back.
The facts are clear... just look at his game logs from last season. He was barely used as the season went along AND he only got 5.8 mins per game in the playoffs And most of that was in the last blowout against SA in garbage time.

Here's the log: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3418/michael-beasley

As far as now, the Heat are looking to see if they can find anyone else that's better to be the backup behind Deng. If they don't why the heck not... Beasley can play the 15-18 mins per game that are left after Deng's 30-33.

As far as James... he can be friends with Beasley while not respecting his game. I mean, Kobe likes Kwame Brown as a person too

I ask for FACTS and you give me a game log? Are you serious? Ok I'll play along Beasley played 55 games out of 82 and played 15 mins per game Undonis Haslem played 46 games and only 14 mins per game by that I can say Beasley was ahead of Undonis in rotation so Undonis must be a head case and cancer. Lebron didn't respect Haslem so Spo wouldn't play him. Stop spewing (bleep). You have no idea what your talking about.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject:

I voted no only because he has a history of not being a good teammate, talent wise he would be a good wing. If things have changed with his being a better teammate or that Scott can get the best out of him, then he would be worth taking a chance on.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject:

No. We have too many PFs. Get an actual center or a small forward.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject:

No to Beasley.

Why do so many feel he "just needs some guidance" or that Kobe and Scott could provide that nurturing to get the best from him --- finally.

Beasley has had multiple teams and leaders to help guide him. Beasley continues to screw it up. He has burned bridges at every stop. He could not take advantage of his opportunity with the Heat last year.

Beasley is not a good professional B-ball player. He does not get it. He is not worth the drama for the Lakers. Despite his one dimensional ability to score.

I love the Lebron handshake video as reasoning that Beasley "is not that bad". Yet dismiss the facts that Spoelstra lost confidence in him and reduced his mins. Or that Lebron publicly stated Beasley frustrated him because he lost his focus.

Also think through the "guidance" that Scott and Kobe would give Beasley. They are both no nonsense hard assed professional. Doubt they would be very forgiving of Beasley's foolishness that would invariably surface at some point.

Lakers do need another SF. Marion is a fantasy. But I would much prefer a professional like F. Garcia or a young guy like Jordan Hamilton for the Lakers this year.

Or perhaps Kupchak can work some voodoo for a trade to bring in a Wilson Chandler/Draymond Green/ ??? type of SF from someone willing to take Nash's expiring contract.
DipNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
No. We have too many PFs. Get an actual center or a small forward.

Exactly I don't believe Beasley is a small forward at all to me he is a stretch 4
I watched a lot of Beasley in Minnesota & Miami this year and that's the role he was successful at.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

People talk about concerns regarding chemistry....

.... If a team has a good chance to make a serious run at a title then that's a legitimate question to ask....

.... but if a team has very little chance as in the case of the Lakers then it's relatively meaningless because in this case you try and get as much talent as you can so of course in the case of this Lakers team you attempt to add a player like Beasley and see if the head coach can both motivate and blend any added talent available to help make the team even more competitive.....

.... any time you can add talent on a team that is not a serious contender you DO IT.... at some point given enough added talent you at some point just might have a chance to actually over achieve and perhaps surprise the league and have an outside chance of actually making some noise in the post-season possibly....

... Think about it.... what's the point of worrying about "team chemistry" that much if your simply NOT going to be a serious contender?

Clearly the Lakers can use an offensive punch off the bench....

So I say YES.... anytime you have a team that is not a serious contender thus has a need of additional talent in order to be able to compete at a higher level and you have an opportunity to add more talent that helps provide a deeper bench that can potentially wear down the opposition WHY NOT DO IT?

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
I don't like his attitude. Nope.

Beggars can't be choosers.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

Sccit wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
Sccit wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
Talent is there. give him a chance. Kobe and B Scott will keep him in check.

Who is that in your avatar?

Girlfriend

Nice..she has a pretty mouth.

DFWLakerFan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Talent is there. give him a chance. Kobe and B Scott will keep him in check.

Agreed!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
MyKRo wrote:

That is exactly why you do not bring in the potential drama of a Beasley.

Lakers need to rebuild from the incompetent and on going drama of the past couple of years. The beggar mentality needs to end. No more billbaords and constant negative commentary and franchise bickering.

The image they are trying to sell is a return to the "good old days" of hard work and Laker Pride. Who knows if it works.

But having "bad team chemistry" is the last thing the Lakers need.

Elite free agents are looking for stable franchises with a solid roster. Having the money is not enough. Begging a player to come to a constantly rebuilding cluster f**k with no roster, plan or coach does not draw the best players.

It just promotes a desperate fan base to clamor to give one of the most unprofessional underachievers in recent history "just one more chance"
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Folks have thrown in the towel already so they won't even give players that could make a small difference the time of the day... SMH. If we can sign and contain Metta, who is the craziest player in the NBA, i don't see why we cannot do the same with Beasley.

Very different personalities. Metta was (is?) off his rocker, but was not considered a bad locker room presence. He gave 100% effort every single game, and played defense with even more intensity than offense.

Beasley hasn't demonstrated the fire or in-game focus that MWP always had. If that fire is there, and it's there on both sides of the court, then yes, I would take a chance on him.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject:

Yes!

Give him a shot. It's all win, no loss at this point, if things go south, you move on, henry/Young/Wes will still be around..... Possibly with a more mature understanding and Kobe at his side he will "get it"?
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
MyKRo wrote:

Absolutely....

.... There are HUGE IF's on this team.... Will Kobe stay healthy?.... can Nash put together an injury free season?... will the first round pick Randle be able compete for ROY?... Can Boozer play like the player he has been at the top of his game?....

With the return of Hill, Nick, Xavier, Johnson and the addition of Boozer, Randle, Davis etc... this Laker team has once again a deep bench...

The way I see it one more big "IF" doesn't really matter that much....

.... more importantly IF Kobe can return to his level of play prior to his recent injuries, IF Nash can have one more year like he's had prior to coming to the Lakers.... IF Boozer can reinvigorate his game.... IF Randle ends up a ROY player.... IF players like Young, Xavier, Johnson, Davis, Hill all build on what they've accomplished last year....

.... and finally IF a player with the offensive talent of a player like Beasley finds a way to mesh with the team that would provide a huge offensive spark off the bench that the Lakers would otherwise not have....

.... who's to say what might happen next year...

.... in other words, IF the team can remain relatively healthy and IF everything comes together under a NEW head coach WHO'S TO SAY WHETHER OR NOT THIS TEAM MIGHT TURN OUT A CINDERELLA YEAR AND SURPRISE THE LEAGUE....

.... Point being, anytime you can add a player like Beasley to come off the bench that player just might end up that one added piece that can make the difference of making the playoffs and gelling at the right time to make noise as opposed to not making the playoffs at all....

Kobe's not getting any younger.... IF you have an opportunity to give Kobe even a small outside chance to compete YOU DO IT.....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject:

If our team was any good i would say no, but in this case why not. Low risk high reward. If he's still a clown launch him
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
MyKRo wrote:

Absolutely....

.... There are HUGE IF's on this team.... Will Kobe stay healthy?.... can Nash put together an injury free season?... will the first round pick Randle be able compete for ROY?... Can Boozer play like the player he has been at the top of his game?....

With the return of Hill, Nick, Xavier, Johnson and the addition of Boozer, Randle, Davis etc... this Laker team has once again a deep bench...

.... more importantly IF Kobe can return to his level of play prior to his recent injuries, IF Nash can have one more year like he's had prior to coming to the Lakers.... IF Boozer can reinvigorate his game.... IF Randle ends up a ROY player.... IF players like Young, Xavier, Johnson, Davis, Hill all build on what they've accomplished last year....

.... and finally IF a player with the offensive talent of a player like Beasley finds a way to mesh with the team that would provide a huge offensive spark off the bench that the Lakers would otherwise not have....

.... in other words, IF the team can remain relatively healthy and IF everything comes together under a NEW head coach WHO'S TO SAY WHETHER OR NOT THIS TEAM MIGHT TURN OUT A CINDERELLA YEAR AND SURPRISE THE LEAGUE....

.... Point being, anytime you can add a player like Beasley to come off the bench that player just might end up that one added piece that can make the difference of making the playoffs and gelling at the right time to make noise as opposed to not making the playoffs at all....

Kobe's not getting any younger.... IF you have an opportunity to give Kobe even a small outside chance to compete YOU DO IT.....

I agree with all the "If's"...

My take is..."if" we hit on all cylinders, just have everything run as smooth as a whistle, we can win 47/48 games and be in the running for the playoffs. And then be ready for a M.Gasol or D.Jordan next off season to add to the 47/48 wins, plus Randle grows up another year.

Then in the following season we take the next step, grab another FA, hope Kobe will take less, and in 16'this team "could" be a top 5 or so contender again.

But with any kind of injury time we suffered last year, we can be back at 27/30 wins...

All in all, I think we fall in the middle 40/42 wins, and look to move forward in the next two years after this with a couple higher end FA's and hope that Randle grows up into that top 20 player tier....
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
MyKRo wrote:

Absolutely....

I agree with all the "If's"...

My take is..."if" we hit on all cylinders, just have everything run as smooth as a whistle, we can win 47/48 games and be in the running for the playoffs. And then be ready for a M.Gasol or D.Jordan next off season to add to the 47/48 wins, plus Randle grows up another year.

Then in the following season we take the next step, grab another FA, hope Kobe will take less, and in 16'this team "could" be a top 5 or so contender again.

But with any kind of injury time we suffered last year, we can be back at 27/30 wins...

All in all, I think we fall in the middle 40/42 wins, and look to move forward in the next two years after this with a couple higher end FA's and hope that Randle grows up into that top 20 player tier....

You're absolutely realistic ..... it's more fun to fantasize the team overachieves and shocks the league however.....

.... that said, your scenario is probably the very best we can expect at the very high end of expectations.... So unfortunately it IS going to take some time...

.... that said, I think it still makes sense to take a flyer on Beasley.... who's to say he doesn't finally turn the corner as a player.... when the price is right and the talent is there it's always worth a try regarding a team that has very little chance if any to make the post-season....

EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

B-Easy and Swaggy P on the same team. Haha

This season was sunk before it even began. May as well be entertaining.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject:

Michael Beasley is not a good fit for this team. He is even less focus than Howard, and have no work ethic to speak of. If you think Kobe is going to make a difference, think again. Kobe has never been anyone' babysitter.

He has a good relationship with Lamar, but he didn't get involved electing to allow Lamar to work out his own demons.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14
Jump to: