Kobe Playing One On One In China
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject:

He'll have to score that much, there's no one else who comes close to that ability.

If he's putting that much up, it means he's back and fully healed.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
He'll have to score that much, there's no one else who comes close to that ability.

If he's putting that much up, it means he's back and fully healed.

If he's putting that much up, it means:

1. team will be overly reliant upon him to score, so if he's hurt, royally screwed.

2. he will have to play major minutes (which Scott said he'll manage/avoid) to get his 25 ppg.

Both are not optimal for the team and Kobe's sake IMO.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

Given that there's 3 months till the season starts and he looks to be moving around quite well, I'm very optimistic about kobe looking like his old self to start the season.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
PupNamedHector wrote:
1. Kobe isn't going hard obviously.
2. He's playing against someone that wouldn't even be considered an NBA scrub.

So, take these videos for what they are worth.

It's going to be a big reality check for some when Kobe comes back. He's not going to be anywhere the player he used to be. Bet.

Kobe's game hasnt been about athleticism for 10 years almost lol, Is he going to all of a sudden forget how to shoot a 15 ft jumper and play in the post? Kobe's knees have been gone since 05-06. Youre saying he wont be anywhere near the player he used to be so are you saying hes going to average 15ppg? or maybe 18ppg? I see him between 22-25 a game.

I see him at around 25. I hope we use him in the post as our main option, like we did early in the season of the Howard-era.

Spacing may be an issue. Booz can hit some mid-range shots, but Hill/Davis can't space the floor. Also, having Kobe so deep down on the block will mean the guy that's defending him will try to wear him down by sprinting down the court afterwards.

25 ppg would likely mean he has to play 36-37 mpg. I hope he doesn't come near that in terms of minutes and that other players can chip in more scoring wise. This team isn't going far if it's so scoring-starved that we need Kobe to score 25 ppg.

If we had the two Mikes, Kobe would be playing 45 + minutes just to get a win. I hope B. Scott doesn't overplay him. He should be limiting his minutes like what Popovich is doing,
appwrangler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Why would he be giving his all, running and moving at his best against (probably) an amateur? He's just doing enough to kick the guys ass, since he must've challenged Kobe

Looks like he went at 100% for maybe a second, 85% for about 5 seconds and 20% to 30% the rest of the times. Seemed to be concentrating mostly on slowing down, to give the kid a chance to maintain some dignity.

Can't tell anything about Kobe's NBA readiness based on this video, as he'll need to be at 100% in those games. But still, fun to see him moving around easily and hitting his shots. Hopefully his body will be able to handle the pounding once the season starts.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
PupNamedHector wrote:
1. Kobe isn't going hard obviously.
2. He's playing against someone that wouldn't even be considered an NBA scrub.

So, take these videos for what they are worth.

It's going to be a big reality check for some when Kobe comes back. He's not going to be anywhere the player he used to be. Bet.

Kobe's game hasnt been about athleticism for 10 years almost lol, Is he going to all of a sudden forget how to shoot a 15 ft jumper and play in the post? Kobe's knees have been gone since 05-06. Youre saying he wont be anywhere near the player he used to be so are you saying hes going to average 15ppg? or maybe 18ppg? I see him between 22-25 a game.

I see him at around 25. I hope we use him in the post as our main option, like we did early in the season of the Howard-era.

How many MPG do you think he's going to play? Just curious.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

Kobe doesn't have to "prove" a damn thing to me. I never question his preparation, dedication and skill level. I hope he paces himself accordingly and doesn't try to "prove critics wrong," etc. We all want a healthy Kobe these two years and the last thing we want to see is him over-doing it to chase a pointless shadow. He's earned enough of that already in our books.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kobe doesn't have to "prove" a damn thing to me. I never question his preparation, dedication and skill level. I hope he paces himself accordingly and doesn't try to "prove critics wrong," etc. We all want a healthy Kobe these two years and the last thing we want to see is him over-doing it to chase a pointless shadow. He's earned enough of that already in our books.

The thing I looked for in those videos was his ability to change speeds one section of the video when he did a stepback move and he pushed off of the achilles and the repaired knee in the same set of moves he looked like he had no second thoughts of using his legs in that sequence thats what really matters. This is the clip im speaking of. http://videos-g-13.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10591641_761217397275813_1952454991_n.mp4
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The thing I looked for in those videos was his ability to change speeds one section of the video when he did a stepback move and he pushed off of the achilles and the repaired knee in the same set of moves he looked like he had no second thoughts of using his legs in that sequence thats what really matters. This is the clip im speaking of. http://videos-g-13.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10591641_761217397275813_1952454991_n.mp4

I've watched it too. Looks fluid, really glad to see that. But it's against a 5'10, 145 pound kid. Try that against Paul George, or Nic Batum.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I've watched it too. Looks fluid, really glad to see that. But it's against a 5'10, 145 pound kid. Try that against Paul George, or Nic Batum.

Like i said im not really looking at the move or the opponent its the fact he landed on that left leg and wasnt tentative about it, if his body holds up, the opponent wont matter, that fallaway J is pretty unstoppable, Jordan is still using it on youngsters today at 51 years old.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Like i said im not really looking at the move or the opponent its the fact he landed on that left leg and wasnt tentative about it, if his body holds up, the opponent wont matter, that fallaway J is pretty unstoppable, Jordan is still using it on youngsters today at 51 years old.

No doubt. But doing that against Batum/George is another thing. The skill is there; we need that body to hold up for a few more years!
PupNamedHector
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

He definitely has a lot to prove after signing that bloated contract.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

if we need kobe to average more than 25, we're in for a longggg season. that means long minutes for kobe, and lots of shot for kobe. which also means lower scoring opportunities for others.

i think a variation of the princeton offense could alleviate most of that. the princeton is predicated on ball movement and balance in scoring. if kobe avg. 20, while a few others like lin, young, and boozer avg in the high teens, with a bench that combines for 35-40, we'll be fine.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject:

PupNamedHector wrote:

i see that contract as payment for his past performances and career as a laker, rather then expectation for present contribution.

it's more symbolic than anything.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, he's looking very good. And he wasn't breaking a sweat, just doing warmup drills where someone happened to be on the court with him. As I said, there's going to be an awful lot of crow eating on this site next season.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
I'm fairly confident Kobe will show no ill effects from his prior injuries. Looking forward to seeing all the naysayers choke on their negativity.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Some people will complain that Kobe wasn't going hard out there. We just saw tonight, there's no point going balls out for such events
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
does his leg look better? I remember last year it looked pretty thin

It's has always been thin.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

PupNamedHector wrote:

Even if he never plays another game for us, he's still worth that contract. There aren't many guys I can say that about but Kobe is one of em.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject:

appwrangler wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Why would he be giving his all, running and moving at his best against (probably) an amateur? He's just doing enough to kick the guys ass, since he must've challenged Kobe

Looks like he went at 100% for maybe a second, 85% for about 5 seconds and 20% to 30% the rest of the times. Seemed to be concentrating mostly on slowing down, to give the kid a chance to maintain some dignity.

Can't tell anything about Kobe's NBA readiness based on this video, as he'll need to be at 100% in those games. But still, fun to see him moving around easily and hitting his shots. Hopefully his body will be able to handle the pounding once the season starts.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject:

Really hard to tell since he had like 4 inches on one kid and the other one dribbled off his foot. I think Kobe at 35 would destroy a China national team player. People have to realise that even the worst NBA scrub is way way better than any other amateur out there, let alone Kobe.
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hate to break it to you...but Paul George will not be defending anyone for a while.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, he's looking very good. And he wasn't breaking a sweat, just doing warmup drills where someone happened to be on the court with him. As I said, there's going to be an awful lot of crow eating on this site next season.

I never understand the "eating crow" sentiment here. When people said the same thing that lots of people were going to "eat crow" re: Kobe last season and then he only managed 6 games, what happened?

No one wishes for Kobe to get hurt, or play worse, or become a scrub. I'm just calling it as I see it based on his age, injuries, and mileage. The age/mileage are more important to me than the most immediate injuries. It's time for him to pace himself and stop worrying about people "eating crow."
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
I'm fairly confident Kobe will show no ill effects from his prior injuries. Looking forward to seeing all the naysayers choke on their negativity.

Can't wait to bump a few old threads.

And yeah it was 1 on 1 with some amateurs but there are some guys in this league who never suffered an Achilles injury and still can't pull off that footwork .

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject:

akbroker wrote:
He's definitely done being a superstar. Slow as hell without any lift.
jk

He's playing against kids lol. What you want him to do ?

Just like yinoma said take theses clips for that they are.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: