Paul George Injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

If all these reactions says how bad it is, then its probably the best that I don't look at it. It just took me last week to finally get Livingston's and that college kid's injury out my dome .......

get well sooon
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/blog...n-georges-fate

Quote:
“Our first thoughts are with Paul and his family,” Bird said in a statement released Saturday morning by the Pacers. “It is way too early to speculate on his return as the No. 1 priority for everyone will be his recovery. Our initial discussions with our doctors and the doctors in Las Vegas have us very optimistic. We are hopeful at some point next week Paul will return to Indianapolis to continue his recovery.

“There is no question about the impact on our team but our goal is to be as strong-willed and determined as Paul will be in coming back. Our franchise has had setbacks in its history but has demonstrated the abilities to recover. Paul will provide the example of that off the court and it is up to the rest of us to provide that example on the court. Any discussion regarding the future of our team would be inappropriate at this time. Our focus is solely on Paul and doing whatever we can to help.

“We still support USA Basketball and believe in the NBA's goals of exposing our game, our teams and players worldwide. This is an extremely unfortunate injury that occurred on a highly-visible stage, but could also have occurred anytime, anywhere.

“Finally, the Pacers would like to thank our fans and the NBA community for their outreach of support in the brief amount of time since the injury occurred. It has been overwhelming and it is what makes Indiana and the NBA special.”
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject:

This is huge news. Really unfortunate obviously for a good dude and player.

Hope he comes back 100% but that could be tough.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
If all these reactions says how bad it is, then its probably the best that I don't look at it. It just took me last week to finally get Livingston's and that college kid's injury out my dome .......

get well sooon

smart choice. I got too curious and watched. Now I regret it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject:

Best way to describe it is.... Like when a player "rolls" his ankle and the foot and leg make a near 90 degree angle. Well, same thing pretty much happened here, except instead of the "roll" happening at the ankle joint... It happened about 3 inches higher, in the freaking leg bone
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject:

I can watch this stuff but wow that was bad.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject:

Bet Lance Stephenson looks like a bargain to the Pacers right about now. I was really looking forward to George taking the next step this season. You generally want these injuries to occur very early in a career (like Jordan) as opposed to during a players prime years. I hope he has the mental makeup to get past it after he heals. Sadly, for every Grant hill, there are a hundred Danny Grangers. Hoping for the best.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject:

This will take 2 years to fully heal. The mental part might never go away. Pacers need to tank hard now. Dump Hibbert somehow. Their best 2 players are what? David west and George Hill? sucks for them.

PG if he gets back to normal will have a new set of teammates imo...the current roster was overrated somewhat since they took the heat to a game 7 in 2013 and a flush might not be a bad route to take...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
This will take 2 years to fully heal. The mental part might never go away. Pacers need to tank hard now. Dump Hibbert somehow. Their best 2 players are what? David west and George Hill? sucks for them.

PG if he gets back to normal will have a new set of teammates imo...the current roster was overrated somewhat since they took the heat to a game 7 in 2013 and a flush might not be a bad route to take...

Huh?

George was never their best player. David West has always been their leader and will continue to be. They may not be as good as last year losing George and Stephenson but they still play in the pathetic east and they still have a talent and coaching advantage over most of that conference. They'll easily be a playoff team, possibly even with home court.

I'm hoping this means they'll finally play Solomon Hill, who hasn't really gotten any playtime behind George and Stephenson so far.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Huh?

George was never their best player. David West has always been their leader and will continue to be. They may not be as good as last year losing George and Stephenson but they still play in the pathetic east and they still have a talent and coaching advantage over most of that conference. They'll easily be a playoff team, possibly even with home court.

I'm hoping this means they'll finally play Solomon Hill, who hasn't really gotten any playtime behind George and Stephenson so far.

George was the better on court talent. David west is 33. He may be the vocal leader but talent matters much more. I agree tho, in the east they should make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed only if hibbert recovers. One thing is for sure, they will pound the ball inside much more. They lacked shooters and still do so pounding the ball inside might not be so easy.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

Awwwww man!!! PG.. One of my favorite guys in the league. Thoughts and prayers are with him. This is tough, man.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

It won't take 2 yrs to recover.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him return in March or April.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Cavs should make a play for West instead of Love.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

get well sooon

I've never been able to shake Livingston's injury out of my memory. I've never watched Ware's injury because of it. I did see Silva's leg break and regret it. I refuse to watch PG's injury.

I also cringe whenever I watch a Rousey fight in fear she'll break someone's arm.

I can't watch (bleep) like that.

Kiss my Converse.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject:

RJ Bell ‏@RJinVegas
Paul George's injury results in a big NBA Title odds move: #Pacers were 20/1, now downgraded to 60/1 (via @LVSuperBook)

It gets easier and easier for Lebron and the Cavs.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Horrendous. Drifts is right, I watched that Anderson Silva fight live, same feeling. Really disturbing.

On another note, the Lebron to CLE story just got more interesting. With Miami still good but not great, Indiana was the most likely team to advance to the Finals. Now with this? The East is truly any team's to take. If CLE trades for Love, they may actually make the NBA Finals in year 1. Let the LBJ/ESPN love just continue ever after

The Cavs were the favorites to come out of the East once Lebron announced he was signing there. All that talk about being patient was just to take the heat off LBJ if he doesn't go to the finals or win a ring in year 1. They lowered expectations intentionally. They have a roster that can come out of the East without Love. I don't think Indy was coming out of the East, as they seem to have got worse even before PG's injury.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject:

anderson silva snapped his tib-fib just like paul george when he shattered it on chris weidman. he got the same exact surgery--an intermedullary tibial nail--that was 12/28/2013. he is scheduled to fight nick diaz 1/31/2015. that's 13 months between fights AND he's already training MMA daily. there's hope for paul george after this season.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject:

but unlike silva who threw a kick, george was landing.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject:

Wow. What a gross injury! I hope all the assessments by real experts are in favor for a full recovery no matter if it will cost him a season.

This will totally change the playoffs picture in the east. Darn, Lebron's job is made much easier.
playground
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject:

The fact that it was a bone tear but no joints or ligaments were involved is good news. A bad injury in a joint (knee, ankle) is a lot worse. The key is going to be how arteries and nerves have been affected. ¿Has any artery or nerve been damaged? If the answer is no, there is realistic hope for George to return in a year in pretty good form. All the best for you, PG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
RJ Bell ‏@RJinVegas
Paul George's injury results in a big NBA Title odds move: #Pacers were 20/1, now downgraded to 60/1 (via @LVSuperBook)

It gets easier and easier for Lebron and the Cavs.

Pacers losing lance already should have taken them out of the running IMO. Paul George just formally does that.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
anderson silva snapped his tib-fib just like paul george when he shattered it on chris weidman. he got the same exact surgery--an intermedullary tibial nail--that was 12/28/2013. he is scheduled to fight nick diaz 1/31/2015. that's 13 months between fights AND he's already training MMA daily. there's hope for paul george after this season.

good point. and silva is older as well.
Man, it sure is a gruesome looking injury.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Glad he got paid earlier in the year. All of his babies mama's can relax.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:

if you follow MMA you also know of a fighter named Corey Hill. google corey hill mma broken leg. his foot practically wraps around the other fighter's leg.

this is a good read about his comeback from the same exact compound tib-fib fracture which is identical to paul george's. VERY interesting to note that he ALSO came back to fight 13 months after his injury! and this is MMA--much more physically brutal than NBA basketball i don't care what anyone says. it's not JUST the fight itself so much as the training that leads up to the fight. imagine breaking your leg like that and then coming back to train and slamming that same leg repeatedly into pads at full force while just practicing kicks. imagine stepping into a cage and slamming that same rodded shin into an opponents rock hard knee when they check your kick! when corey talks about the injury always being in the back of your mind....that's when you realize paul george is never going to be same player he once was when he played with a free blissfully ignorant heart. DRose? Kobe and his injuries? makes you wonder.

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/after-anderson-silvas-injury-ufc-vet-corey-hill-talks-about-returning-from-a-broken-leg
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:

if you follow MMA you also know of a fighter named Corey Hill. google corey hill mma broken leg. his foot practically wraps around the other fighter's leg.

this is a good read about his comeback from the same exact compound tib-fib fracture which is identical to paul george's. VERY interesting to note that he ALSO came back to fight 13 months after his injury! and this is MMA--much more physically brutal than NBA basketball i don't care what anyone says. it's not JUST the fight itself so much as the training that leads up to the fight. imagine breaking your leg like that and then coming back to train and slamming that same leg repeatedly into pads at full force while just practicing kicks. imagine stepping into a cage and slamming that same rodded shin into an opponents rock hard knee when they check your kick! when corey talks about the injury always being in the back of your mind....that's when you realize paul george is never going to be same player he once was when he played with a free blissfully ignorant heart. DRose? Kobe and his injuries? makes you wonder.

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/after-anderson-silvas-injury-ufc-vet-corey-hill-talks-about-returning-from-a-broken-leg

Paul George will never be the same player as before. In the back of his mind, he knows that he cannot play the carefree style he had before. One wrong move and he could be out of basketball for a year. The injury will force him to rely less on his youth and athleticism and force him to pick his spots and develop as a jump shooter. Its probably for the best since once you hit your 30's, you cannot rely on explosiveness to beat your opponents.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: