Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Damn it Desean Jackson. Had I know you would have gone off, I would have won this week. Then again, who would have guessed Russell Wilson would have scored 1/4 of my points.

He was on my bench as well. I still won(by only 2 points on one of the last plays of MNF), but he's had 2 big games this season and he's been on my bench for both. He's such a boom or bust player. I put him back in my starting lineup, watch him get 2 points.

That has always been Desean Jacksons MO. He'll get you 5 pts or 15+. Frustrating.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject:

Deandre hopkins against the Colts D
or
Brian quick against the Niner D?
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Deandre hopkins against the Colts D
or
Brian quick against the Niner D?

Colts have given up the second fewest points to WRs so far, and on the other hand B-Quick seems to have good chemistry with his QB. Given the Texans' liking of their ground game and Foster's resurgence last week, maybe Hopkins doesn't get a lot of work.

Probably a close call, but if it was me, I'd roll with Quick, even if the Niners pass defense is better overall.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

Colts have a solid pass D, but I'm not so sure Quick has 2 good games in a row, especially against the whiners. But I would go with Quick, the Rams will likely be playing from behind and be forced to rely on the passing game.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject:

^^thanks guys!!
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject:

Just got offered this trade...

Offered: LeSean McCoy & Antonio Gates

In Exchange for: Demaryius Thomas & Joique Bell

I am weak at TE (Tim Wright) and RB (Alfred Morris, Branden Oliver, Chris Ivory), very deep at WR (AJ Green, Golden Tate, Vincent Jackson, Brian Quick, Kelvin Benjamin).
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

I am weak at TE (Tim Wright) and RB (Alfred Morris, Branden Oliver, Chris Ivory), very deep at WR (AJ Green, Golden Tate, Vincent Jackson, Brian Quick, Kelvin Benjamin).

Based on the WRs you have, and assuming this is a redraft league, I'd seriously consider that trade but a couple of things.

1) AJ Green will be out for multiple games
2) Kelvin Benjamin is a high-end WR2 so nice pick there
3) If you have room on your bench, I would pick up Ladarius Green just in case Gates goes down and in all likelihood, based on his age, mileage, and history, he will.

Obviously with the way McCoy has been playing, it is a gamble. But Demaryius is a gamble simply because Denver has some many friggin options. So it could be 200 yards one day and 75 the next. And if you have him, you HAVE to play him and sometimes that can be a negative.

But if you can pick up Green just in case (dropping Wright although who knows if he will play the Aaron Hernandez role), I'd probably make that trade because you're right, you need to fill RB and TE badly and this does that. Even though Gates is a TD-dependent TE.

I know this can be a bad way to think of it, but, you'd be acquiring what was the consensus #1 overall pick and you have to believe he's going to rebound from this.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Colts have a solid pass D, but I'm not so sure Quick has 2 good games in a row, especially against the whiners. But I would go with Quick, the Rams will likely be playing from behind and be forced to rely on the passing game.

It's tough to pass on a guy who has so many TDs this season, but I tend to prefer the safe play as well. And IMO, that is Brian Quick. He is heavily targeted, and the 49ers secondary has turned in to Swiss cheese this year.

If Hopkins had the targets, yards and TDs I'd probably go with him but he is so TD dependent so I'll go with Quick as well (and I am as well albeit not over Hopkins).
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Based on the WRs you have, and assuming this is a redraft league, I'd seriously consider that trade but a couple of things.

1) AJ Green will be out for multiple games
2) Kelvin Benjamin is a high-end WR2 so nice pick there
3) If you have room on your bench, I would pick up Ladarius Green just in case Gates goes down and in all likelihood, based on his age, mileage, and history, he will.

Obviously with the way McCoy has been playing, it is a gamble. But Demaryius is a gamble simply because Denver has some many friggin options. So it could be 200 yards one day and 75 the next. And if you have him, you HAVE to play him and sometimes that can be a negative.

But if you can pick up Green just in case (dropping Wright although who knows if he will play the Aaron Hernandez role), I'd probably make that trade because you're right, you need to fill RB and TE badly and this does that. Even though Gates is a TD-dependent TE.

I know this can be a bad way to think of it, but, you'd be acquiring what was the consensus #1 overall pick and you have to believe he's going to rebound from this.

Thanks for the input. I'm much higher on Demaryius, I think he turned the corner. McCoy I like but not enough to trade DT for him.

I countered w/AJ Green haha
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger, what would you try to get if you were trading Julio?

Depends on what my team needed. There's almost no QB I'd trade Julio for (maybe Manning, that's it and in a redraft league only and only if I had a ton of WRs left over).

There isn't a TE I'd want. Although I'd be amenable to moving Julio for either Jimmy Graham or Julius Thomas if I had a plethora of very good WRs left over.

So if I'm moving Julio, I'm probably moving him for an RB. I can't think of one I'd want. The two guys who I might target are Demarco and Leveon, but both guys have a tendency to get banged up and Demarco, especially, is seeing a filthy amount of volume which isn't reasonably sustainable.

With Andre Johnson and DeSean finally coming alive, it might be a little easier to depart with Julio. I also plan on getting Josh Gordon. Looking at my roster, would you do Julio for Graham?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject:

Brady vs. Bills
Rothliesberger v Browns

I have Antonio Brown as my WR, if Big Ben struggles, I don't want to have two players handicapped so I lean towards Brady.

Thoughts?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

Depends on what my team needed. There's almost no QB I'd trade Julio for (maybe Manning, that's it and in a redraft league only and only if I had a ton of WRs left over).

There isn't a TE I'd want. Although I'd be amenable to moving Julio for either Jimmy Graham or Julius Thomas if I had a plethora of very good WRs left over.

So if I'm moving Julio, I'm probably moving him for an RB. I can't think of one I'd want. The two guys who I might target are Demarco and Leveon, but both guys have a tendency to get banged up and Demarco, especially, is seeing a filthy amount of volume which isn't reasonably sustainable.

With Andre Johnson and DeSean finally coming alive, it might be a little easier to depart with Julio. I also plan on getting Josh Gordon. Looking at my roster, would you do Julio for Graham?

Hmm. I might. Although, I might look at other options. For instance, I wonder if you can get a Travis Kelce for say, Vincent Jackson.

That would leave you with Julio, AJ Green, Kelvin Benjamin, plus Kelce (who is goign to be the next Gronk IMO). I'm not sure how many WR you play, but if you play 3, you'd still have Tate or Quick you can rotate in on bye weeks and if you play only 2, then that is plenty of depth.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

I had Ariain Foster and TY Hilton is last night's game, they got me 74 points.

Feels great to have a huge lead going into the weekend.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

Hmm. I might. Although, I might look at other options. For instance, I wonder if you can get a Travis Kelce for say, Vincent Jackson.

That would leave you with Julio, AJ Green, Kelvin Benjamin, plus Kelce (who is goign to be the next Gronk IMO). I'm not sure how many WR you play, but if you play 3, you'd still have Tate or Quick you can rotate in on bye weeks and if you play only 2, then that is plenty of depth.

http://i.imgur.com/zRJ7K4W.png - that's my team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

I would do it. I think that Megatron is going to be hurt all season, making Tate that much more valuable.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:

I went against Foster and Hilton last night, sucks for me. My hope is Forte, he should have a monster game against Atlanta.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I drafted Tate and Andre Williams late in the draft. Let them go because I needed players that were producing at the time. Now they look like they might put up some serious numbers in the coming weeks.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:

I went against Foster and Hilton last night, sucks for me. My hope is Forte, he should have a monster game against Atlanta.

I got Foster and Forte, so I'm also hoping Matt has a big day.

The guy in our league who has Hilton didn't play him sucks to be THAT guy....
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Just traded Matt Asiata and Brian Quick for D. Thomas, then flipped Stafford for Jordy Nelson (2QB league - other QB's are Luck and Wilson). Feels good, man.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Just traded Matt Asiata and Brian Quick for D. Thomas, then flipped Stafford for Jordy Nelson (2QB league - other QB's are Luck and Wilson). Feels good, man.

Those are basically 2 waiver wire pickups for a 1st round draft pick.

I picked 10th in my 10 man league and went with D. Thomas / Leveon Bell with my 10 and 11 picks. Although Thomas hadn't really lived up to the pick until last week. But boy did he make up for it. I just hope that he can continue his high scoring... the thing with Denver is the insane amount of weapons at Peyton's disposal. I think Thomas was having health issues at the start of the season, so maybe that contributed to his low scoring weeks.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Ok boys.. what do you say?

Jeremy Hill at home against Carolina?
Or
Justin Forsett on the road vs. Tampa?

I'm leaning towards Hill. I think he may have a breakout game at home-- and with AJ Green possibly hobbled the Bengals might rely on the running backs even MORE so this week.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Those are basically 2 waiver wire pickups for a 1st round draft pick.

I picked 10th in my 10 man league and went with D. Thomas / Leveon Bell with my 10 and 11 picks. Although Thomas hadn't really lived up to the pick until last week. But boy did he make up for it. I just hope that he can continue his high scoring... the thing with Denver is the insane amount of weapons at Peyton's disposal. I think Thomas was having health issues at the start of the season, so maybe that contributed to his low scoring weeks.

He was supposedly supposed to sit out for 4 weeks to heal but they used him as kind of a decoy. And yeah, both Asiata and Quick were waiver wire pickups for me.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Or

I'm leaning towards Hill. I think he may have a breakout game at home-- and with AJ Green possibly hobbled the Bengals might rely on the running backs even MORE so this week.

Difficult one to predict really, I think the Bengals will try to run it as much as possible, but I wonder if that may be more to Bernard's benefit than Hill's.

Forsett, on the other hand, does seem to receive the bulk of work in Baltimore.

I don't really think either will kill it, in truth they could easily be quite similar in their production. Good luck though...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Or

Forsett is the safer play here IMO.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject:

Definitely Forsett.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15
Jump to: