View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
What RB do you think I could realistically get with Steve Smith or DeSean Jackson as the trade chip(assuming the other team needs a receiver)?

Chris Ivory
Jerick McKinnon
Shane Vereen
Reggie Bush
Jeremy Hill
CJ Spiller
Mark Ingram
Khiry Robinson
Doug Martin
Isaiah Crowell
Eddie Lacy
Zac Stacy

Already got 3 of those guys.

That's a lot of mediocre guys. Maybe package one up with your WR and try to upgrade to someone who needs a receiver?
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Check out the elevation by Corey Robinson!

I might be exaggerating, but noicee!
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject:

It really sucks when everyone on your team does awful. You'd think one guy when perform up to standards.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Anyone interested in fantasy basketball ...
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm game, french. Get something going and get me the details.

Had a nice bounce back effort this week against the 2nd ranked player in the league. Went with my gut and benched Matt Ryan. Dropped Andy Dalton and picked up Carson Palmer. Started Palmer and benched Julio Jones (I KNOW) in favor of Michael Floyd. Ryan and Jones combined for about 19 points. Palmer and Floyd about 31.

I felt good about that as it had me ahead by a few points going into the SNF game. My opponent had 9ers DEF, Kicker and Crabtree. I had Demaryius Thomas. I'm up by 20 points. And I still have L. Bell and A. Brown tomorrow.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Had a nice bounce back effort this week against the 2nd ranked player in the league. Went with my gut and benched Matt Ryan. Dropped Andy Dalton and picked up Carson Palmer. Started Palmer and benched Julio Jones (I KNOW) in favor of Michael Floyd. Ryan and Jones combined for about 19 points. Palmer and Floyd about 31.

I felt good about that as it had me ahead by a few points going into the SNF game. My opponent had 9ers DEF, Kicker and Crabtree. I had Demaryius Thomas. I'm up by 20 points. And I still have L. Bell and A. Brown tomorrow.

Why would you ever bench Julio Jones? Sure, it happened to work out this week, but you're just tempting fate.

If you don't trust Julio Jones to be your every week starter, regardless of matchup, I would trade him and improve in a different area of need. I mean, that is generally the whole point of drafting a top 3 position player is that they should be matchup proof for lineup purposes.

One thing I have learned over many years of fantasy is the old adage "never bench your studs".
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
It really sucks when everyone on your team does awful. You'd think one guy when perform up to standards.

I had a horrific week. 4 of my players combined for a grand total of 0 points
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

Currently behind, but I do have Bell, Foster & Brown to play, so I'm within range, need a decent outing from all 3 to win and stay perfect on the season.

In my work league, got the W this week with a mediocre showing, but it doesn't feel good because my opponent is one of those let-down guys who never sets his lineup so he had 2 on bye and a blank TE, which gives me an easy win but kinda spoils our league a bit.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Why would you ever bench Julio Jones? Sure, it happened to work out this week, but you're just tempting fate.

If you don't trust Julio Jones to be your every week starter, regardless of matchup, I would trade him and improve in a different area of need. I mean, that is generally the whole point of drafting a top 3 position player is that they should be matchup proof for lineup purposes.

One thing I have learned over many years of fantasy is the old adage "never bench your studs".

Falcons are playing like garbage. Mediocre showing last week At HOME. On the road they are a lot worse. I had already set my mind on benching Ryan. I had Jones at the Flex. D. Thomas and A. Brown are my 2 WRs. At the last minute, I benched him on a whim. I Probably won't do it again.. Because of the reasons you stated above. But it was a spur of the moment thing... And I was willing to take the gamble knowing/hoping my other 2 WRs were going to bail me out. If it came to that.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Falcons are playing like garbage. Mediocre showing last week At HOME. On the road they are a lot worse. I had already set my mind on benching Ryan. I had Jones at the Flex. D. Thomas and A. Brown are my 2 WRs. At the last minute, I benched him on a whim. I Probably won't do it again.. Because of the reasons you stated above. But it was a spur of the moment thing... And I was willing to take the gamble knowing/hoping my other 2 WRs were going to bail me out. If it came to that.

How on EARTH did you get D. Thomas, Julio and Antonio Brown? You play in a 4 man league?

That is my dream draft. I typically try to go WR/WR when I draft.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

https://yho.com/nba?l=105328&k=d684103905276eaa

CLick LINK to join LG NBA fantasy
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

How on EARTH did you get D. Thomas, Julio and Antonio Brown? You play in a 4 man league?

Lol, I drafted 10th in a 10 team league. They were 3 of my top 4 picks. Leveon Bell was #2. Only thing I've had to overcome is whiffing on Kyle Rudolph at TE with a late pick. And gambling on Ray Rice with my 6th pick.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

frenchbullcho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

https://yho.com/nba?l=105328&k=d684103905276eaa

CLick LINK to join LG NBA fantasy

Thank you. I'll get set up tonight once I get home.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Lol, I drafted 10th in a 10 team league. They were 3 of my top 4 picks. Leveon Bell was #2. Only thing I've had to overcome is whiffing on Kyle Rudolph at TE with a late pick. And gambling on Ray Rice with my 6th pick.

I want in on your league. What a bunch of bozos. You better be 7-0 in a league like that!
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

Got a good effort from Foster, Brown & Bell last night, carried me to a win again. I picked up Ronnie Hillman this week, didn't use him, but now looks like a decent pickup, got 2 trade offers for him already.

Someone offered me Lamar Miller for Hillman, someone else offered me Golden Tate. Are either of these good trades?

My RB group is Foster, Bell, Forte, Asiata & Hillman, and WRs are Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Steve Smith & Kelvin Benjamin. I don't really need Hillman, or either of the players offered, but do either of them represent an upgrade for me?

Still can't believe I managed to trade Peterson & Keenan Allen to get Bell & Brown...

Rest of my team is: Newton, Rivers, Gates, D. Allen, Tucker & NE def.
LADYNASTY
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Need some advice. Would be greatly appreciated.

So here is my current team

QB: Ryan
RB: Forte, Murray, Bell, Jeremy Hill, Antone Smith
WR: Cobb, Hilton, Terrance Williams, Beckham, Keenan Allen
TE: Witten, Reed
K: Bailey
DEF/ST: Patriots

So, this team has gotten me to 7-0. I've scored over 105 points each week. I think I've had the biggest blowout wins for the last 4 weeks. So I'm hesitant to break this team up. But Matt Ryan is killing me at QB. Unless he's playing at home, he's not very good. My TE's are also pretty weak. I've been able to mask that though with my RB's.

I'm just worried that Murray is gonna slow down and same with Cobb. When you guys look at this team, what are some players you think I could afford to trade and who would you target? Maybe some buy-low candidates. Right now I'm curious to see what Leveon Bell could get me. Maybe a top TE or a a better QB and decent 2RB/WR? If you have suggestions, let me know!
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

LADYNASTY wrote:
Need some advice. Would be greatly appreciated.

So here is my current team

QB: Ryan
RB: Forte, Murray, Bell, Jeremy Hill, Antone Smith
WR: Cobb, Hilton, Terrance Williams, Beckham, Keenan Allen
TE: Witten, Reed
K: Bailey
DEF/ST: Patriots

So, this team has gotten me to 7-0. I've scored over 105 points each week. I think I've had the biggest blowout wins for the last 4 weeks. So I'm hesitant to break this team up. But Matt Ryan is killing me at QB. Unless he's playing at home, he's not very good. My TE's are also pretty weak. I've been able to mask that though with my RB's.

I'm just worried that Murray is gonna slow down and same with Cobb. When you guys look at this team, what are some players you think I could afford to trade and who would you target? Maybe some buy-low candidates. Right now I'm curious to see what Leveon Bell could get me. Maybe a top TE or a a better QB and decent 2RB/WR? If you have suggestions, let me know!

Martellus Bennett is a decent TE, but unless you have Gronk or Julius Thomas you won't get much better than Witten anyways.

QB is definitely your weak spot. I actually have the opposite problem in that I have two insane QBs in Brady and Wilson. If I were in your league I'd trade one of em to you for one of your WRs or RBs cause you are stacked there.

That brings me to my question: Brady or Wilson for this week?

Brady is more consistent and is beasting, but Wilson has been having absolutely crazy games recently.

Brady at home vs the Bears vs Wilson on the road vs a Panthers team that just got torn to pieces.

Tough...

Two more to consider if you have the time:

Brandon LaFell vs. Desean Jackson

Tre Mason vs. Shane Vereen
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Would you guys be willing to part ways with Kelvin Benjamin and Admad Bradshaw for either Calvin Johnson or AJ Green or is that giving up too much, given that they both been hurt the whole year?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
Would you guys be willing to part ways with Kelvin Benjamin and Admad Bradshaw for either Calvin Johnson or AJ Green or is that giving up too much, given that they both been hurt the whole year?

If you have the depth to wait out his return, that is a steal for Megatron.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:

How about AJ Green?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:

How about AJ Green?

Green probably has more value now with the rise of Golden Tate, plus he's younger and his toe is almost healed.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Would you guys do Julio for Shady?

BTW I think I am addicted to trading as I MUST do it every week.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:

How about AJ Green?

Like AJ Green and I may still do this deal. I like him less than Megatron because CIN is a running team now so fewer passes.

But he's still the primary target in the end zone on non goal and short plays.

I like Megatron because they he's got an elite qb, with no real power running game to worry about although Joique is OK.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Would you guys do Julio for Shady?

BTW I think I am addicted to trading as I MUST do it every week.

If you can afford the hit at WR, I'd do it. Goal-line back on a run first high octane offense? Yes please!

Think of it like this... would you rather have Julio and whoever your #1 RB is, or whoever your #2 WR is and Shady?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:

How about AJ Green?

Green probably has more value now with the rise of Golden Tate, plus he's younger and his toe is almost healed.

No way, I'd still go Megatron. CIN is a run first team with two very capable backs in Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard. Through 6 games, Dalton has only thrown the ball more than 20 times twice. And one of those games was the 27-0 hole they played in vs Indy so that is expected. Meanwhile, in 7 games Stafford has thrown the ball more than 20 times 5 times. DET relies on the pass for their offense.

Even if we agreed that Megatron and AJ Green were equal, you'd still have to err on the side of Megatron because he's going to get more targets. (In the 3 games where he played, he averaged 11.33 targets per game. Not counting the two where he played decoy at way under 100%). In the 3 games AJ Green played, he averaged 8.33 targets per game.

Tate has emerged, but only because Megatron has been out (and to some degree, it's been the same with Mohamed Sanu). Tate will go back to being a 4-5 catch player once Megatron is healthy and he'll absorb the majority of the targets once again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15
Jump to: