View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Would you guys do Julio for Shady?

BTW I think I am addicted to trading as I MUST do it every week.

If you can afford the hit at WR, I'd do it. Goal-line back on a run first high octane offense? Yes please!

Think of it like this... would you rather have Julio and whoever your #1 RB is, or whoever your #2 WR is and Shady?

I also think now Lane Johnson is back, McCoy will be much better, he's had a decent couple of weeks since Lane has returned.

I love Julio, but he is kinda hit and miss, but guess it depends if you've got WR depth?
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Would you guys be willing to part ways with Kelvin Benjamin and Admad Bradshaw for either Calvin Johnson or AJ Green or is that giving up too much, given that they both been hurt the whole year?

If you have the depth to wait out his return, that is a steal for Megatron.

How about AJ Green?

Like AJ Green and I may still do this deal. I like him less than Megatron because CIN is a running team now so fewer passes.

But he's still the primary target in the end zone on non goal and short plays.

I like Megatron because they he's got an elite qb, with no real power running game to worry about although Joique is OK.

I'd take either for Kelvin to be honest. Green when healthy is a consistent 15 pt type of guy, while Megatron has huge boom potential when he has a good week.

Bradshaw has been surprisingly decent this year, think he already has 6 TD catches to go with 1 rush TD, and he's around top 5 RB in terms of production. Kinda going under the radar really....
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Would you guys be willing to part ways with Kelvin Benjamin and Admad Bradshaw for either Calvin Johnson or AJ Green or is that giving up too much, given that they both been hurt the whole year?

How about AJ Green?

Green probably has more value now with the rise of Golden Tate, plus he's younger and his toe is almost healed.

No way, I'd still go Megatron. CIN is a run first team with two very capable backs in Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard. Through 6 games, Dalton has only thrown the ball more than 20 times twice. And one of those games was the 27-0 hole they played in vs Indy so that is expected. Meanwhile, in 7 games Stafford has thrown the ball more than 20 times 5 times. DET relies on the pass for their offense.

Even if we agreed that Megatron and AJ Green were equal, you'd still have to err on the side of Megatron because he's going to get more targets. (In the 3 games where he played, he averaged 11.33 targets per game. Not counting the two where he played decoy at way under 100%). In the 3 games AJ Green played, he averaged 8.33 targets per game.

Tate has emerged, but only because Megatron has been out (and to some degree, it's been the same with Mohamed Sanu). Tate will go back to being a 4-5 catch player once Megatron is healthy and he'll absorb the majority of the targets once again.

Good points.

The Sanu/Tate factor is similar for each team, but I think when it comes down to the redzone Stafford will have more of a reason to pass to Golden than Dalton has to pass to Mohammed, which might mean reduced production for number 81. Then again you never bet against Megatron. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if both end up with a similar amount of points by the end of the season.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:

How about AJ Green?

Green probably has more value now with the rise of Golden Tate, plus he's younger and his toe is almost healed.

No way, I'd still go Megatron. CIN is a run first team with two very capable backs in Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard. Through 6 games, Dalton has only thrown the ball more than 20 times twice. And one of those games was the 27-0 hole they played in vs Indy so that is expected. Meanwhile, in 7 games Stafford has thrown the ball more than 20 times 5 times. DET relies on the pass for their offense.

Even if we agreed that Megatron and AJ Green were equal, you'd still have to err on the side of Megatron because he's going to get more targets. (In the 3 games where he played, he averaged 11.33 targets per game. Not counting the two where he played decoy at way under 100%). In the 3 games AJ Green played, he averaged 8.33 targets per game.

Tate has emerged, but only because Megatron has been out (and to some degree, it's been the same with Mohamed Sanu). Tate will go back to being a 4-5 catch player once Megatron is healthy and he'll absorb the majority of the targets once again.

I also hear that Green wont be a full 100% until next season.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Julio for McCoy is a no go. There's not any other running backs I've been able to trade him for so looks like I'll be riding with him. I want Graham but I don't know if I'm comfortable with a straight swap.

Which receiver would you rather have ROS? Andre Johnson, Michael Floyd, Odell Beckham Jr.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject:

I had a private, non-paying, though still competitive league drafted before preseason where I got DeMarco Murray and Arian Foster, end of 2nd and beginning 3rd rounds. Damnit, why couldn't that be in a paid league?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject:

So my opponent has E. sanders and I have D. Thomas. Guess who Peyton decided to pass it to EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. this week? Wow. Story of my season so far. Leading the league in points, yet I'm probably going to be 4-4 due to some bad match-ups. *sigh*
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Feel your pain bro, hate when that happens. Fortunately my opponent didn't have anyone playing. I got a nice 2TD start from Antonio Gates though.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
So my opponent has E. sanders and I have D. Thomas. Guess who Peyton decided to pass it to EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. this week? Wow. Story of my season so far. Leading the league in points, yet I'm probably going to be 4-4 due to some bad match-ups. *sigh*

I had that happen to me last season. It was some ridiculously bad luck.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Looks like Julio for McCoy is a no go. There's not any other running backs I've been able to trade him for so looks like I'll be riding with him. I want Graham but I don't know if I'm comfortable with a straight swap.

Which receiver would you rather have ROS? Andre Johnson, Michael Floyd, Odell Beckham Jr.

That's a tough one. I'm going to go with Andre Johnson. I think he'll get the most targets. It concerns me he hasn't gotten in the end zone though.

Floyd is boom or bust but he could end up being the winner here with Carson Palmer back.

Odell Beckham is also boom or bust, and Rueben Randle soaks up all of the targets (10 per last 5 games or so) and NY is just too unpredictable for me.

But, I'm a guy that prefers 80 yards every week, than 120 one week and 40 the next. The former is Johnson and the latter is Floyd. I wouldn't hold it against you for going with Floyd though because he gets a lot of looks in the end zone that with the Texans, seems to be reserved for DeAndre Hopkins.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject:

Got a decision to make for the W/R slot tonight: Do I play Alshon Jeffery or Mark Ingram?

I imagine Marshall will be matched up with Revis, leaving Jeffery as an attractive option for Cutler to pass to.

Ingram on the other hand, will start as Robinson & Thomas are injured, so he might get a lot of work...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Got a decision to make for the W/R slot tonight: Do I play Alshon Jeffery or Mark Ingram?

I imagine Marshall will be matched up with Revis, leaving Jeffery as an attractive option for Cutler to pass to.

Ingram on the other hand, will start as Robinson & Thomas are injured, so he might get a lot of work...

Ingram is the safe play IMO. He won't go off, but he has the best chance of getting you around 80 yards and a touchdown.

NE is a top 3 pass defense (if not #1), while Green Bay is among the worst at defending the run.

Jeffrey has big home run play appeal though. So I'd say it depends on your ability to handle risk. If you like to gamble, go with Jeffrey. If you like to play to safe, Ingram is your man this week.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:

How about AJ Green?

Good points.

The Sanu/Tate factor is similar for each team, but I think when it comes down to the redzone Stafford will have more of a reason to pass to Golden than Dalton has to pass to Mohammed, which might mean reduced production for number 81. Then again you never bet against Megatron. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if both end up with a similar amount of points by the end of the season.

Hmm, I disagree on Tate/Sanu for end zone looks. Tate is small. His TDs are mostly going to come after the catch. He's 5'10" while Sanu is 6'2" so I would consider Sanu more of a redzone target.

In either case, this may be moot now since AJ Green could be out for season with rumored ligament damage. Bummer. He's been super healthy for most of his career.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Moses wrote:

Ingram is the safe play IMO. He won't go off, but he has the best chance of getting you around 80 yards and a touchdown.

NE is a top 3 pass defense (if not #1), while Green Bay is among the worst at defending the run.

Jeffrey has big home run play appeal though. So I'd say it depends on your ability to handle risk. If you like to gamble, go with Jeffrey. If you like to play to safe, Ingram is your man this week.

Thinking about it, I could put Jeffery in my WR spot, play Ingram at W/R and bench Kelvin Benjamin. I don't mind that much if I lose, it's my work league and everyone makes the playoffs anyway
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

Win. Loss. Win. Loss. Win. Loss. Win. 4-3

Looks like the pattern will continue for me. Julio Jones has been crap the past couple weeks. The combo of Matt Ryan and J. Jones worked well for me to start the season... but it's blown up in my face lately.

I started Palmer instead of Ryan today and probably should have started Michael Floyd instead of Jones. I have a feeling those 2 will hook up for a couple big plays today vs the Eagles. We'll see.

Emmanuel Sanders going off for 30 points in TNF pretty much sealed my fate.
It's become a running joke now in my league that SOMEONE I play against will have record breaking numbers every week. It's kinda funny... but mostly sad.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

I knew it would be Gronk that would make me regret that (bleep) trade. I knew it right after I hit accept. Even though he was not performing at the time, I just knew it would be him. (bleep).
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

And so as I begin a decent comeback... the Bills (up by 30 in the 4th) decide to throw a deep 50+ yard bomb to Sammy Watkins. With bonus points for the big play that gave him close to 20 freaking points. SO, instead of down 10 going into the last few games, Im down 30.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject:

my team was so bad, I had to trade peyton manning .... he was giving he great points, but the other 8 positions were giving me what Manning was total. now my squad is more balanced, just gotta find a decent qb.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
my team was so bad, I had to trade peyton manning .... he was giving he great points, but the other 8 positions were giving me what Manning was total. now my squad is more balanced, just gotta find a decent qb.

I dumped Andy Dalton and picked up Carson Palmer. I have played Palmer the past 2 weeks in place of Matt Ryan and so far it's paid off. If Palmer isn't available... maybe pick up RG3?
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Epic comeback win for me today.

I dropped Cincy's DEF and used Buffalo last week and Miami this week. 34 points from my DEF today. Antonio Brown and Carson Palmer came thru for me and I secured the W.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Moses wrote:

Thinking about it, I could put Jeffery in my WR spot, play Ingram at W/R and bench Kelvin Benjamin. I don't mind that much if I lose, it's my work league and everyone makes the playoffs anyway

So much for Ingram not going off but at least I made the right recommendatin haha. Man, GB run defense is atrocious.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject:

So glad I traded for Brees. The Brees/Ingram combo got me 68 points tonight, for a 1 point win.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject:

Had a decent week, hopefully will get a W in both leagues I play in

In my first team, I had Forte & Foster absolutely tear it up for me, then got big points from the Antonios (Brown & Gates). I am playing against Alfred Morris & Demarco Murray, but I have about a 60pt gap so I'm feeling good.

My second team got a nice assist from ringfinger (thanks bro), who made a good call on starting Mark Ingram, which netted me a comfortable win.

My friend at work who plays in our league left over 100 points on his bench last night, just from 3 players! He had Big Ben (45), Maclin (30) & Gronk (32), but chose to roll with Wilson (13), V. Jackson (2) & Jordan Cameron (4). I was laughing all night long, who benches Gronk?!?!
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject:

(bleep) fantasy football
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Had a decent week, hopefully will get a W in both leagues I play in

In my first team, I had Forte & Foster absolutely tear it up for me, then got big points from the Antonios (Brown & Gates). I am playing against Alfred Morris & Demarco Murray, but I have about a 60pt gap so I'm feeling good.

My second team got a nice assist from ringfinger (thanks bro), who made a good call on starting Mark Ingram, which netted me a comfortable win.

My friend at work who plays in our league left over 100 points on his bench last night, just from 3 players! He had Big Ben (45), Maclin (30) & Gronk (32), but chose to roll with Wilson (13), V. Jackson (2) & Jordan Cameron (4). I was laughing all night long, who benches Gronk?!?!

Wow. You were able to survive Big Ben's big week huh? Impressive.

With my player recommendations, I just play the odds. Sometimes it doesn't pan out, but, as long as I made the right play before the games started, then I'll be able to sleep at night.

Alshon is on a Chicago team that has been struggling offensively, has a little internal turmoil, and playing the league's #1 pass defense. I felt strongly the only way he'd have a good game is with a touchdown. Meanwhile, Ingram is on a team that needs a win badly, all of the other running backs are out (Khiry/Pierre), and playing a bottom 5 run defense. All the variables were there to start Ingram.

What a crazy week. So many big games from several players. Foster, Big Ben, Brady, Maclin, Brown, Gronk, Miami D, etc.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15
Jump to: