2014 Fantasy Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Pick up Josh Gordon if he's available in your leagues. Sounds highly likely that he is going to get reinstated.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chris Johnson, he feels he has something to prove. And the Jets will run the ball.

Me, I'd avoid unless I get good value. He's just been too disappointing for too long.

I do agree though that the Jets will run the ball.

And if Ivory stays healthy, he is the guy you want.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject:

A sleeper WR who is probably still out there for most leagues is John Brown with Arizona. 4.3 speed, they ran an outside screen for him in clutch time on Sunday night for the game winning TD.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Pick up Josh Gordon if he's available in your leagues. Sounds highly likely that he is going to get reinstated.

Picked him up last week. =). In 3 of the 4 leagues I'm in.

8-10 games most likely is what I'm hearing.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
if you have:

AJ Green vs ATL
Brandin Cooks @ CLE
Victor Cruz vs ARI
Deandre Hopkins @ OAK
Kelvin Benjamin vs DET
Tavon Austin @ TB

which 3 receivers would you start?

im thinking green & cooks for sure. Cruz im iffy about. who would i replace Cruz with? benjamin is an intriguing rookie wideout..and Hopkins seems like he's due to break out. Benjamin or Hopkins...idk, what you guys think??

AJ Green, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandin Cooks.

Cam Newton has no one else to throw it to really. Well, maybe Greg Olsen. They will run a ton of plays for Benjamin and chances are they'll have to throw the ball to stay in the game.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Aarrrgggh. Adrian Peterson. I'm going to have to be creative every week just to mitigate his lost production. I can do it, but I can't afford to sit the wrong guys in any week now. Luckily we're a 2 QB league and they get the most points. And a saving grace is I had Corradelle & Jennings for handcuff purposes and with Peterson headed for the shelf, those 2 should both see their production go up.

QB's - Tob Brady, Andrew Luck, Jake Locker
WR's - Harvin, Corradelle, Fitzgerald, Bowe, & Jennings
RB's - Peterson, Forsett, Gore, Jacquiz Rodgers
TE's - Olsen, Bennett, Heath Miller
K - Haushka
Def - Seattle, San Francisco (until Seattle get's past their bye week)
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Aarrrgggh. Adrian Peterson. I'm going to have to be creative every week just to mitigate his lost production. I can do it, but I can't afford to sit the wrong guys in any week now. Luckily we're a 2 QB league and they get the most points. And a saving grace is I had Corradelle & Jennings for handcuff purposes and with Peterson headed for the shelf, those 2 should both see their production go up.

K - Haushka

Going to have to really mix and match it based on your players' opponents. Fitzgerald looks like he might be getting phased out in AZ. Also, I don't recommend starting 2 players on the same team playing the same pos. (Patterson/Jennings) Their pass game is going to be under more pressure to make plays now with AP out. If Harvin can stay healthy and Patterson can continue to light it up, you are good there.

I picked up Forsett too , but he didn't do much last night. If they are available , try to pick up Andre WIlliams (NYG) or Devonta Freeman (ATL) and hope for the guys ahead of them to get injured (or at this rate, arrested)
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

K - Haushka

Going to have to really mix and match it based on your players' opponents. Fitzgerald looks like he might be getting phased out in AZ. Also, I don't recommend starting 2 players on the same team playing the same pos. (Patterson/Jennings) Their pass game is going to be under more pressure to make plays now with AP out. If Harvin can stay healthy and Patterson can continue to light it up, you are good there.

I picked up Forsett too , but he didn't do much last night. If they are available , try to pick up Andre WIlliams (NYG) or Devonta Freeman (ATL) and hope for the guys ahead of them to get injured (or at this rate, arrested)

Our league rewards big plays beyond the standard. That 41 yard run from Forsett saved him from being a bust for me last night. Any catch, or pass over 40 yards nets a 5 point bonus. Any run over 40 yards nets a 10pt bonus. Passing touchdowns over 40 yards nets a 10 point bonus. And rushing touchdowns over 40 yards net a 15 pt bonus.

Rb's & Wr's have bonus escalators @ 125,150, & 200yds

Before that 4th qtr 41 yards run, Forsett was sitting on 5.1 pts. That run netted him 4.1 for the yardage plus the 10 point 40 yd run bonus, moving him from a disasterous 5.1 night to a very good 19.2 night.

That's where the Peterson loss is really going to hurt me. I lost a huge big play weapon in a league that really rewards big plays. Now I'm going to have to really hope Andrew Luck can continue his magic from last year where he had a real knack of knocking off at least one 40 yd play a game in all those comebacks. He did the same in week 1, salvaging a meager performance in another comeback attempt.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

K - Haushka

Our league rewards big plays beyond the standard. That 41 yard run from Forsett saved him from being a bust for me last night. Any catch, or pass over 40 yards nets a 5 point bonus. Any run over 40 yards nets a 10pt bonus. Passing touchdowns over 40 yards nets a 10 point bonus. And rushing touchdowns over 40 yards net a 15 pt bonus.

Before that 4th qtr 41 yards run, Forsett was sitting on 5.1 pts. That run netted him 4.1 for the yardage plus the 10 point 40 yd run bonus, moving him from a disasterous 5.1 night to a very good 19.2 night.

That's where the Peterson loss is really going to hurt me. I lost a huge big play weapon in a league that really rewards big plays. Now I'm going to have to really hope Andrew Luck can continue his magic from last year where he had a real knack of knocking off at least one 40 yd play a game in all those comebacks. He did the same in week 1, salvaging a meager performance in another comeback attempt.

Wow. I'm guessing some of those final scores are quite ridiculous. We have bonus points , but it's only maybe 1 or 2 points for big plays. And I was mad when L. Bell had a 39 yard run last week, and not 40. LOL If it was for 10 points I would have broke my laptop.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

K - Haushka

Wow. I'm guessing some of those final scores are quite ridiculous. We have bonus points , but it's only maybe 1 or 2 points for big plays. And I was mad when L. Bell had a 39 yard run last week, and not 40. LOL If it was for 10 points I would have broke my laptop.

That right there is pretty much the point. We've been tweaking this fantasy league since 2002. Invariably, in the traditional setup, what happens at the half season mark is the top half of the league separates itself from the lowere half of the league. Everyone recognises that only 4 teams have any real shot at winning so folks stop playing as seriously as they were in the beginning. Then towards the end of the season you have teams that have given up all together and don't even bother fielding their best starters. So if you're one of the teams who through pure scheduling bad luck ends up playing a team in the final weeks that's still serious, vs the guy with the same record as you who stopped being serious weeks ago - your opposition gets an unfair free pass whilst you've got to battle it out. With the system we have, you're always just a couple of big plays away from being in it in any given week. The final effect is it's kept pretty much all teams playing until the end of the season which makes the league overall more competitive and fun. In our league, some team approaches,or surpasses, the 200 pt mark every week. When everyone knows that's possible, they keep playing and making moves, because they know their season isn't over after a major injury or suspension to a star player. Last year we had 3 teams within one game of each other going into the last 3 weeks, and the 5 teams following those were within 3 games. I was the third place team at the time and ended up winning my 6th straight season.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject:

Crazy week 2. Lots of injuries and last minute inactives. Pats Defense absolutely killed me this week. I need Sproles to get about 50 points tonight to catch up. Guess I'll be 1 and 1 after tonight. In desperate need of an RB2 right now. Any suggestions?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject:

damn..thats a week i hope never gets repeated...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Crazy week 2. Lots of injuries and last minute inactives. Pats Defense absolutely killed me this week. I need Sproles to get about 50 points tonight to catch up. Guess I'll be 1 and 1 after tonight. In desperate need of an RB2 right now. Any suggestions?

How big is your league?

You're not just going to be able to pick up an RB2 caliber players off waivers. But here are some options:

Lamar Miller - Moreno out 4-8 weeks

Danny Woodhead - Ryan Mathews out 4-5 weeks

Donald Brown - Ryan Mathews out 4-5 weeks

Jeremy Hill - Could potentially take over the backfield in CIN. Much better RB than Giovani.

Chris Ivory - A better RB than Chris Johnson at this point

Bobby Rainey - Could take the job from Doug Martin. Bucs coaches love Rainey

Toby Gerhart - Presents a great buy-low opportunity. He's still an every down back and when Bortles comes in, he'll improve. You can probably get him for a bag of chips right now.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

thanks ring. I'll check the players available and see who I can scoop up. I have a few sleeper RBs in the stable now, but they aren't getting much PT at the moment. A. Williams (NYG) and D. Freeman (ATL) Right now Bell and Sproles are my starters. Hopefully after next week I'll get some solid production from one of my five WRs and entice someone into a trade. I like Rainey and S. Ridley. We'll see.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
thanks ring. I'll check the players available and see who I can scoop up. I have a few sleeper RBs in the stable now, but they aren't getting much PT at the moment. A. Williams (NYG) and D. Freeman (ATL) Right now Bell and Sproles are my starters. Hopefully after next week I'll get some solid production from one of my five WRs and entice someone into a trade. I like Rainey and S. Ridley. We'll see.

Sproles is your RB2? That's not good. Why did you draft him as an RB2 or did someone else get hurt? There is no way Sproles was going to get action with Lesean McCoy in the mix.

I hate Ridley. 100 yards one week, 10 yards and a fumble the next.

Rainey is a good option. Andre Williams, he's ok, but Rashad Jennings has a firm hold on RB duties in NY. Atlanta passes too much for me to be interested in a fantasy RB.

Khiry Robinson is another good option. Mark Ingram out 4-5 weeks with I think a broken hand.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject:

I drafted 10th in a 10 man league. Went WR heavy because there were no RBs really available when I picked. Got Rice in Round 6 and that came back to bite me. Sproles was like a 9th rounder. I have D. Thomas, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Michael Floyd and Golden Tate as my WRs. Other than Tate they're all WR1s in many leagues. I'm trying to see who I can get for one of those guys. Floyd showed poorly for me yesterday so I may have to wait til he hopefully ups his value.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject:

If Sproles can keep this up, I might be OK at RB after all. If he would have taken that 51 yard run a few more yards for the TD I would have pulled out an epic 1 point win. Had a feeling he would be used in a variety of ways in Kelly's OFF, but I didn;t anticipate this much production from him. I'll take it while I can.

He was my highest scorer this week and helped put me over the top last week too. Still trying for a few guys on the ww this week though.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
If Sproles can keep this up, I might be OK at RB after all. If he would have taken that 51 yard run a few more yards for the TD I would have pulled out an epic 1 point win. Had a feeling he would be used in a variety of ways in Kelly's OFF, but I didn;t anticipate this much production from him. I'll take it while I can.

He was my highest scorer this week and helped put me over the top last week too. Still trying for a few guys on the ww this week though.

Ha. Figures I'd say Sproles gets no run when he goes off for nearly 200 yards.

Even still, to me, he's a sell high candidate. Just not enough volume for me to rely on as an every week starter.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Even still, to me, he's a sell high candidate. Just not enough volume for me to rely on as an every week starter.

I hear you... I usually like to have an RB at the FLEX position. But I'm so thin at RB right now I have to play one of my WR there. Hopefully, I can get a more reliable RB somehow to give me some better options. But at the moment, Sproles is working out great... and the Eagles are all about volume... they run a crapload of plays every week. But its only a matter of time before teams begin game-planning for Sproles... so I'll just ride it as long as I can.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I hear you... I usually like to have an RB at the FLEX position. But I'm so thin at RB right now I have to play one of my WR there. Hopefully, I can get a more reliable RB somehow to give me some better options. But at the moment, Sproles is working out great... and the Eagles are all about volume... they run a crapload of plays every week. But its only a matter of time before teams begin game-planning for Sproles... so I'll just ride it as long as I can.

Or sell while his value is high.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject:

Pats D killed it for me this week, got them from the waiver wire, and my boy Antonio Gates also hooked me up big.

Could've got Sproles on the wire too, but decided against it , luckily for me I won anyway.

Play in another league where I got a W this week too, had Gio Bernard & Jordy Nelson, along with Mark Ingram, although he's now injured

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Pats D killed it for me this week, got them from the waiver wire, and my boy Antonio Gates also hooked me up big.

Could've got Sproles on the wire too, but decided against it , luckily for me I won anyway.

Play in another league where I got a W this week too, had Gio Bernard & Jordy Nelson, along with Mark Ingram, although he's now injured

Nice. Yea, if Vikings had kept AP in the lineup I'm not sure NE gets all those points. Of course, I was up against the Pats Defense this week and they ended up being the nail in the coffin. Seems like I get one or two of those 'perfect storm' type losses every season.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Moses wrote:

Nice. Yea, if Vikings had kept AP in the lineup I'm not sure NE gets all those points. Of course, I was up against the Pats Defense this week and they ended up being the nail in the coffin. Seems like I get one or two of those 'perfect storm' type losses every season.

I know that feeling, I had back to back seasons of whichever RB decided to breakout on the Raiders in the week they played against me, first Doug Martin then last season Jamaal Charles dropped a 50 piece on me.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject:

QB- Andrew Luck / Andy Dalton

RB- Giovani Bernard / Knowshon Moreno (out 4-8 weeks) / Joique Bell / Bobby Rainey (starting him, he will be a surprise)

WR- Megatron / Randall Cobb / Michael Floyd / Dwayne Bowe / DeAndre Hopkins

TE- Martellues Bennett / Antonio Gates

K- Justin Tucker

D - Chiefs / Chargers

Won both weeks and I have the most points
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Monday, right after the Vikings activated AP, I got a trade offer of:

Zac Stacy and Ryan Matthews for AP.

I countered with offering AP & Larry Fitzgerald for Zac Stacy & Jimmy Graham. He accepted.

The next morning they announced AP would sit until the courts sort things out.

Poor fella. He was in first place, swung for the fences in taking a chance on AP. And now he's lost a starting RB2 & TE1. I couldn't help but feel bad, but my lineup is now certainly overall stronger.

WR's - Harvin, Corradelle, Cecil Shorts, Brian Quick
RB's - Zac Stacy, Gore, Donald Brown, Forsett, Ivory
TE's - Jimmy Graham, Olsen, Bennett
K - Haushka
Def - Seattle, San Francisco
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15
Jump to: