2014 Fantasy Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject:

And I feel for anyone who started any Saints this week. I started Brees and Graham in a lot of my daily fantasy lineups and they're pretty much sinking my week for daily fantasy. Blegh.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject:

At least Brees is finally throwing to Graham.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
And I feel for anyone who started any Saints this week. I started Brees and Graham in a lot of my daily fantasy lineups and they're pretty much sinking my week for daily fantasy. Blegh.

My playoff opponent started the Saints and has the Browns on his bench.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Enjoyed a stress-free Sunday with a bye this week. NEXT week I'll be up against a tough opponent.
But I'll probably be starting :
QB - Matt Ryan ( )
RB1 - L. Bell ( hope he can repeat his performance from this weekend)
RB2 - J. Forsett
WR1 - Antonio Brown
WR2 - Demaryius Thomas ( had a terrible game today)
TE - T. Kelce (One of his better games this year and it didnt even count)
Flex - Julio Jones
K - Parkey
DEF - Colts or Dolphins

A win would mean I'd at least get 2nd place and win $150. 1st place would be 250.

Good luck to everyone still fighting. This season went by FAST!!!
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Enjoyed a stress-free Sunday with a bye this week. NEXT week I'll be up against a tough opponent.
QB - Matt Ryan ( )
RB2 - J. Forsett
WR1 - Antonio Brown
Flex - Julio Jones
K - Parkey
DEF - Colts or Dolphins

A win would mean I'd at least get 2nd place and win $150. 1st place would be 250.

Wow Bell, Demaryius, Antonio Brown, and Julio. How big is your league? That's quite the receiving corps right there.

I have Bell and Demaryius as well, and I'm glad I had a bye this week after the stinker that Demaryius and pretty much the entire Bronco passing game dropped today. Hopefully he can bounce back next week in SD. Bell is an absolute beast and I expect him to have a similar game as his last three next week against Atlanta. Ever since they got rid of Blount the Steelers are finally utilizing Bell the way they should be. He always had the yardage, but now he's finally scoring the TDs.

Some of my guys are pretty shaky going into my first game of the playoffs (Alfred Morris ) so I'm a little nervous, but my matchups are pretty good at least. I'm actually riding a 12 week winning streak into the playoffs so I'd be pretty damn disappointed to go one and done in the playoffs after the best fantasy season I've had by far. The worst that can happen though is I get my money back (plus a little extra thanks to the high point bonuses we do in our league). Hopefully I can pull it off.

Good luck to everyone.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
QB - Matt Ryan ( )
RB2 - J. Forsett
WR1 - Antonio Brown
Flex - Julio Jones
K - Parkey
DEF - Colts or Dolphins

Wow Bell, Demaryius, Antonio Brown, and Julio. How big is your league? That's quite the receiving corps right there.

I have Bell and Demaryius as well, and I'm glad I had a bye this week after the stinker that Demaryius and pretty much the entire Bronco passing game dropped today. Hopefully he can bounce back next week in SD. Bell is an absolute beast and I expect him to have a similar game as his last three next week against Atlanta. Ever since they got rid of Blount the Steelers are finally utilizing Bell the way they should be. He always had the yardage, but now he's finally scoring the TDs.

Some of my guys are pretty shaky going into my first game of the playoffs (Alfred Morris ) so I'm a little nervous, but my matchups are pretty good at least. I'm actually riding a 12 week winning streak into the playoffs so I'd be pretty damn disappointed to go one and done in the playoffs after the best fantasy season I've had by far. The worst that can happen though is I get my money back (plus a little extra thanks to the high point bonuses we do in our league). Hopefully I can pull it off.

Good luck to everyone.

Yea, man. Had 10th pick in a ten person league. Went with Thomas and Bell first 2. Then Jones and Brown. Only regret I have is NOT drafting Demarco Murray when he was still on the board. TE has been a disaster for me ( and most everyone else) this year though. Good luck
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
srm90 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
QB - Matt Ryan ( )
RB2 - J. Forsett
WR1 - Antonio Brown
Flex - Julio Jones
K - Parkey
DEF - Colts or Dolphins

Good luck to everyone.

Yea, man. Went WR heavy the first couple of rounds. Lucked out that all 3 of those WRs have had pretty darn good seasons so far. Only regret I have is NOT drafting Demarco Murray when he was still on the board. TE has been a disaster for me ( and most everyone else) this year though. Good luck

I was ready to take Demarco if Demaryius was off the board at 8 in the first round but when he dropped to me I pulled the trigger on Demaryius.

Demarco might've been the better pick but I can't really complain because Demaryius has been money ever since week 5, minus this week.

My biggest draft mistake was drafting Larry Fitzgerald round 4, but looking at who else was available then it wasn't a bad choice, just didn't pan out unfortunately.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

I need 2 points from Jordy tomorrow night to move on.. DT sure laid a stinker tonight.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

^^^ ahh. u should be good before the 1st Q is over.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Good thing already clinched playoffs. Actually some of the losses today put me in position against a weaker opponent for the first round. Hopefully some bounceback games next week.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

my team of:

kaepernick
Lynch
Leveon Bell
Dez Bryant
AJ Green
Odell Beckham
Julius Thomas
Gostkowski
Texans D

scored the most points combined in my league. and I still missed the playoffs. makes sense right?.... this may be my last year doing this (bleep). Colin's underwhelming season cost me the damn season
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

I think what drives me nuts the most about fantasy these days, is that the "inside" information is just too readily available. Back in the day, you had to do your research.

You had to take time, read the reports on who was being benched, or who might merge as the lead back, and so on. Now, that information is readily available for anyone even if they don't want to "work". You can just go to the Transaction Trends on Yahoo and see who everyone is adding. The player notes now have all of the most up to date information.

When a team hired a new offensive coach, it wouldn't be automatically reflected in the rank projection. Now everyone is pre-ranked for you at the draft. Those tools are great for the newbie player to help them be able to compete without knowing anything at all, but, it is blurring the line between newbie and expert.

I kind of wish they had an "expert" league that were stripped down, to basic draft and team management tools, and if you wanted to get information about players, you had to go look outside of your league to find the reliable information sources.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I think what drives me nuts the most about fantasy these days, is that the "inside" information is just too readily available. Back in the day, you had to do your research.

You had to take time, read the reports on who was being benched, or who might merge as the lead back, and so on. Now, that information is readily available for anyone even if they don't want to "work". You can just go to the Transaction Trends on Yahoo and see who everyone is adding. The player notes now have all of the most up to date information.

When a team hired a new offensive coach, it wouldn't be automatically reflected in the rank projection. Now everyone is pre-ranked for you at the draft. Those tools are great for the newbie player to help them be able to compete without knowing anything at all, but, it is blurring the line between newbie and expert.

I kind of wish they had an "expert" league that were stripped down, to basic draft and team management tools, and if you wanted to get information about players, you had to go look outside of your league to find the reliable information sources.

true. though even in that expert league, if you really wanted to, you could just go outside of your league and google the info for example or watch the fantasy show on espn2 every sunday before kickoff. like you said, everything is just too readily available. but i feel like even then, there are more layers that haven't been looked into.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

true. though even in that expert league, if you really wanted to, you could just go outside of your league and google the info for example or watch the fantasy show on espn2 every sunday before kickoff. like you said, everything is just too readily available. but i feel like even then, there are more layers that haven't been looked into.

I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with, is that you can play an effective fantasy season by not doing any research or putting forth much effort at all. On waiver claim night (Tuesdays), you just go to Transaction Trends (in Yahoo), filter by position you need, sort by Adds, and put claims in on the top adds for the week each week.

The reason I used to be really good at fantasy, is because I made the time to do my research. Now, I don't have to. I can let everyone else do it and then just add whoever everyone else is adding. If the league set up was stripped down, and it forced one to to spend time and go find the information then it would at least separate those who are putting forth a real effort from those who aren't sourcing information.

Maybe part of the problem is the waiver claim deadline. It puts everyone on an equal playing field. And now that those people also can reap the benefits of research without doing the research, it really has hurt the "expert" who takes the time to watch the games and make the pickups.

I joined another league that has a FAAB, basically you have to bid on the free agents each week. That might help a bit ... because the experts would generally know which players are worth greater waiver bids. Maybe I'll suggest that to the league commish.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with, is that you can play an effective fantasy season by not doing any research or putting forth much effort at all. On waiver claim night (Tuesdays), you just go to Transaction Trends (in Yahoo), filter by position you need, sort by Adds, and put claims in on the top adds for the week each week.

The reason I used to be really good at fantasy, is because I made the time to do my research. Now, I don't have to. I can let everyone else do it and then just add whoever everyone else is adding. If the league set up was stripped down, and it forced one to to spend time and go find the information then it would at least separate those who are putting forth a real effort from those who aren't sourcing information.

Maybe part of the problem is the waiver claim deadline. It puts everyone on an equal playing field. And now that those people also can reap the benefits of research without doing the research, it really has hurt the "expert" who takes the time to watch the games and make the pickups.

I joined another league that has a FAAB, basically you have to bid on the free agents each week. That might help a bit ... because the experts would generally know which players are worth greater waiver bids. Maybe I'll suggest that to the league commish.

hmm interesting..first time i've heard of the FAAB. my friend runs our league..ima look into that myself because you're right, its way too easy to get the good waiver pick ups
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

^ It stands for Free Agent Acquisition Budget. Basically you get $X for the season (let's say $500).

Everything is the same as before, except, on Tuesday nights when you do your waiver claims, you have to specify an amount. And you cannot spend more than $500 for the whole season.

If you put in a claim for say, CJ Anderson, for $50, you don't know who is going to put in a claim on him and offer more. Maybe I would put in a claim at $100. So you have to think about who is worth blowing your budget for. It's a silent auction model.

And then any players who didn't get claims placed on them, would become free agents and cost nothing to pick up (the way it is now).

Won't solve everything but, and you can still get info out there on blogs on who is worth spending a huge chunk of your budget on, but, at least that will make people engage and participate and research. This also prevents people from hoarding players and encourages trading amongst league managers.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Four of the most productive/consistent TEs are on 1 team, becuz this douchebag in my league decided to stockpile TEs for some reason. Dude isn't even in the playoffs so those guys are just siting there.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Four of the most productive/consistent TEs are on 1 team, becuz this douchebag in my league decided to stockpile TEs for some reason. Dude isn't even in the playoffs so those guys are just siting there.

I'm not opposed to that to be honest. Maybe he figures he can get a better RB by having Rob Gronkowski. I had a guy in my league who drafted Peyton Manning and then Drew Brees with his second pick. LOL.

But with a budget limitation, he would eventually run out of money to improve other areas of his roster.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Bell KILLED it for me this week!

and I went with Cam Newton instead of Rivers.

My big 3 backs Bell, Forte & Foster went HAM this week

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
^ It stands for Free Agent Acquisition Budget. Basically you get $X for the season (let's say $500).

Everything is the same as before, except, on Tuesday nights when you do your waiver claims, you have to specify an amount. And you cannot spend more than $500 for the whole season.

If you put in a claim for say, CJ Anderson, for $50, you don't know who is going to put in a claim on him and offer more. Maybe I would put in a claim at $100. So you have to think about who is worth blowing your budget for. It's a silent auction model.

And then any players who didn't get claims placed on them, would become free agents and cost nothing to pick up (the way it is now).

Won't solve everything but, and you can still get info out there on blogs on who is worth spending a huge chunk of your budget on, but, at least that will make people engage and participate and research. This also prevents people from hoarding players and encourages trading amongst league managers.

FAAB is definitely the way to go. Our league started doing FAAB a few years ago when the same teams were being rewarded with the best waiver wire pickups week in and week out thanks to their poor choices on draft day, and I like it so much better than waiver wire. We first did a set budget of 1000 for the season, but later changed it to 100 and that seems to be a better number for the budget. We have three bid periods where you can make a bid on a free agent, Tuesday night, Wednesday night, and Saturday night.

It really makes you think, what is this player really worth to me? How bad do I want or need them? What amount is it going to take for me to outbid the other owners in the league? What impact will this bid have on my free agent prospects for the remainder of the season?

It adds an extra element of strategy that people needed to consider and prevents the teams that draft poorly from getting all of the top waiver adds every week.

I also recommend to prohibit $0 bids if you do go with FAAB, as that will deter people from making large bids that consist of all or most of their remaining budget if they know that they will no longer be able to pick up free agents after they've exhausted their budget.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
^^^ ahh. u should be good before the 1st Q is over.

First drive
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Wow. What are the chances Leveon Bell and Julio Jones have a repeat performance next week? This week I was on a bye and it feels like such a waste.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject:

I hope they do, I started both this week and dropped nearly 200 big ones on my opponent. Would be lovely to repeat this week as it's the start of playoffs in my league

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Ugh, someone just had a firesale in one of my leagues and dumped players just because he's not in the playoffs. Now Andrew Luck, Le'Veon Bell, Matt Ryan, Mike Evans, Emmanuel Sanders, and Julius Thomas are very much available. I hope I can snag at least Ryan to replace Kaepernick/Wilson but my opening round opponent's only weakness was RB (Eddie Lacy, Frank Gore, and Chris Ivory) and he's in prime waiver position to snag Bell.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Ugh, someone just had a firesale in one of my leagues and dumped players just because he's not in the playoffs. Now Andrew Luck, Le'Veon Bell, Matt Ryan, Mike Evans, Emmanuel Sanders, and Julius Thomas are very much available. I hope I can snag at least Ryan to replace Kaepernick/Wilson but my opening round opponent's only weakness was RB (Eddie Lacy, Frank Gore, and Chris Ivory) and he's in prime waiver position to snag Bell.

That's BS. Your league manager should put them back on his roster and lock him from making further moves, or I'd ask for my money back.

How are some of those guys droppable anyway??? Custom league settings? Luck and Bell are undroppable on ESPN.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15
Jump to: