Julio Jones FTW! My man...

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject:

After looking like I was in for an easy victory this week with Julio Jones and Matt Ryan getting me nearly 60 points. I am DOWN 11 points with only LeVeon Bell left to save me from disaster.

Andrew Luck had no business throwing that final TD.. he should have been benched in a blowout like Matt Ryan was. THAT killed me. THAT and the fact that Demaryius Thomas did NOTHING for me.

Everyone else in the leasue has LESS THAN 80 points. Only me and my opponent have over 100. Go figure.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

I went into last night's game about 20 points down with the Panthers defense yet to go, so I felt pretty good. After their collapse last night, I need 25+ from Forte and Ivory tonight to win. Possible but unlikely.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject:

Made a rather fortuitous trade earlier this week when I gave up Keenan Allen & Adrian Peterson and took back Antonio Brown & LeVeon Bell. My friend in the league thought he was pulling a fast one when he didn't think I knew Peterson was reinstated, I returned that favor by accepting once he'd been put back to suspended and I realized our trade was still there waiting for me to accept

Currently close to the 100 point mark this week (thanks to my WR duo of Antonio Brown & Julio Jones), got Matt Forte left tonight, need 5 points or more to get the W and move to 3-0 in my league!

Play in another league with my work guys, had Bernard & Luck do well, but unless CJ2K drops a 20 piece tonight i'm taking a loss
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

I sat A. Brown last night and had Demaryius Thomas and Julio Jones as my WR. Brown and Michael Floyd sat on my bench as I foolishly started Justin Forsett at the Flex spot. Thankfully, Bell broke off that 81yarder last night to give me the 4 point win.

I've come to realize my TE has given me NOTHING so far. Kyle Rudolph and the rest of the Vikings are a complete mess. Will maybe give him 1 more week. But I need to stash who ever may be left while I can.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I sat A. Brown last night and had Demaryius Thomas and Julio Jones as my WR. Brown and Michael Floyd sat on my bench as I foolishly started Justin Forsett at the Flex spot. Thankfully, Bell broke off that 81yarder last night to give me the 4 point win.

I've come to realize my TE has given me NOTHING so far. Kyle Rudolph and the rest of the Vikings are a complete mess. Will maybe give him 1 more week. But I need to stash who ever may be left while I can.

I got Gates in one team who did great against Seattle and was non-existent yesterday, I had Eifert at season start and he went down, the picked Jordan Reed off the wire and he went down, then now don't have a backup.

My other team has Pitta (who is now injured) and Ertz.

My TE position hasn't exactly helped me either except 1 week
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject:

So Rudolph is out for at least 6 weeks. So I can at least get rid of him without fear of him miraculously starting to tear it up. Just need to see which TEs are still out there, if anyone.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
So Rudolph is out for at least 6 weeks. So I can at least get rid of him without fear of him miraculously starting to tear it up. Just need to see which TEs are still out there, if anyone.

1). Travis Kelce
2). Niles Paul
3). Larry Donnell

If those guys are taken, consider Owen Daniels with Pitta out.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, RF. Dwayne Allen is up for grabs at the moment. Put in a claim for him. If not successful, will give those guys a look.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Thanks, RF. Dwayne Allen is up for grabs at the moment. Put in a claim for him. If not successful, will give those guys a look.

I'd take all of those guys other than Daniels over Allen.

Travis Kelce is IMO, already a borderline TE1 and he should be owned in all leagues. You're crazy to take Dwayne Allen over him.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Ok rf, upon further review you got me cancelling my current waiver and opting for Kelce.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Ok rf, upon further review you got me cancelling my current waiver and opting for Kelce.

He'll be even better later in the season.

Also look at Niles Paul. He's more of a short term fix with Jordan Reed on the shelf, but, a better short term play IMO.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Also look at Niles Paul. He's more of a short term fix with Jordan Reed on the shelf, but, a better short term play IMO.

Good looking out on Kelce. He scored more points for me last night than Rudolph had all season. Too bad my hate for the 9ers and my insistence on starting Sproles cost me dearly in Fantasy this week. If I had started Justin Forsett instead, I wouldn't have lost by 3 points.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

Pats D nearly cost me this week, fortunately I got 59 big ones from my 3 WRs (Antonio Brown, Steve Smith & Julio Jones), I did leave 28 points from Matt Asiata on my bench though

Sitting pretty at 4-0 so far, even though my first pick Forte doesn't seem to know where the endzone is
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Good looking out on Kelce. He scored more points for me last night than Rudolph had all season. Too bad my hate for the 9ers and my insistence on starting Sproles cost me dearly in Fantasy this week. If I had started Justin Forsett instead, I wouldn't have lost by 3 points.

I think Sproles was still the right play. Just didn't pan out that way. BAL has a 3-headed monster over there. It'll be Foreskin one night and Taliaferro the next.

Not sure if you watched the game but Kelce is basically a younger, healthy Gronk on a team with no real receiving options to steal targets. He's a keeper and could finish as a top 5 tight end by end of season.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I think Sproles was still the right play. Just didn't pan out that way. BAL has a 3-headed monster over there. It'll be Foreskin one night and Taliaferro the next.

Damn autocorrect. LOL
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject:

Would anyone trade Jordy Nelson and Zack Stacy for Megatron and Joique Bell?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Damn autocorrect. LOL

LOL!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
Would anyone trade Jordy Nelson and Zack Stacy for Megatron and Joique Bell?

Generally, no. The dropoff from Stacy to Bell is too great that it won't compensate for the talent increase from Calvin Johnson to Nelson.

But there are other factors to consider. Are you in a PPR league? Who are your other running backs and are you playing in a standard 2 RB plus flex league?

If you keep Stacy, just make sure you have Benny Cunningham on your bench as a handcuff.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject:

One of my leagues, no joke, I have won, lost, lost on last plays the last 3 weeks. My two losses, total of 3 points.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
One of my leagues, no joke, I have won, lost, lost on last plays the last 3 weeks. My two losses, total of 3 points.

Yikes. Man, one guy in my league, had the lead by like around a point. Then, Yahoo did a stat correction and removed an 11-yard pass play from Jeremy Maclin that he was credited for (1.1 points). Guy ended up losing well after the week was over. That would piss me off.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Yikes. Man, one guy in my league, had the lead by like around a point. Then, Yahoo did a stat correction and removed an 11-yard pass play from Jeremy Maclin that he was credited for (1.1 points). Guy ended up losing well after the week was over. That would piss me off.

A week later? That would be brutal.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

A week later? That would be brutal.

No, no, I think it happened the day after the game was already over. Technically, I guess the week wasn't over because of the Monday night game but the correction didn't occur until the day after the Philly game was already over.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject:

Yea, somehow I'm 2-2 but I lead the league in scoring by over 30 points. Guys that average 70 combined points all season manage to score 130 when they play me. Unreal.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

Okay guys, a little help here. I just dropped Larry Fitzgerald after holding out hope because he's been absolutely unproductive this year. I have Vincent Jackson, Brian Quick, Michael Floyd, and Andre Johnson (who has also been unproductive for me thus far). Who would you guys start?

Thankfully I have Josh Gordon stashed for when he comes back, so hopefully I won't be hurting as much at that point. To round out my squad I have Peyton Manning, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Adam Vinateri, and either the Giants or Patriots defense (which has also been unproductive after a great start) starting. I just dropped Gates after taking my charger homer glasses off, he's just way too up and down. I have Zach Ertz and Dwyane Allen, so I guess Tight End is another weak spot. Might go with allen this week. Who would y'all start for the D though?

Thanks. I'm sitting at 3-1 right now, after last week was a brutal week in terms of bye weeks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15
Jump to: