Greg Oden has been arrested
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Greg Oden has been arrested

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/08/07/greg-oden-arrested/13712409/
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject:

I like one of the comments I read...

"Oden looking for court time anyway he can get it" LOL
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

inb4
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

When I saw this on the local news this morning I was stunned only because up until this point I never heard a bad thing said about him by anyone.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

The NBA has decided to force him to play in 2 games.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject:

Supposedly, they were together for 2 years and the relationship was always fiery. I'm not one of these people that say you should never hit a woman. If a woman puts herself in a mans position, she deserves to be treated like a man. If you act like a lady I'll treat you like one, and vice-versa. Would I intentionally walk up to The Rock and start calling him a bunch of names trying to instigate a fight? Hell no, because I know that's a fight I can't win. So women need to understand the same about men! Having arguments is one thing...getting all up in a man's face, calling him names, embarrassing him in front of people, hitting him, grabbing knives and threatening him, keying up his favorite car and destroying his property IMO warrant getting punched in the jaw!

P.S. For the record, I've never had to hit a woman because I've been lucky enough to stay away from women like that, and I know some will hate me for what I just said. So what! And yes, I have two sisters and my Mom raised them to be ladies...not thugs!
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject:

...for impersonating a healthy NBA player.

Bye.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject:

On a different note, its sad that him and Bynum are both brittle.

They should have been dunking on Coward and routinely outplaying him for years to come so that they could give some credibility to the center position.

Instead Dwight thinks he is better than he is.

Bye.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

She should have kicked his glass patella.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Supposedly, they were together for 2 years and the relationship was always fiery. I'm not one of these people that say you should never hit a woman. If a woman puts herself in a mans position, she deserves to be treated like a man. If you act like a lady I'll treat you like one, and vice-versa. Would I intentionally walk up to The Rock and start calling him a bunch of names trying to instigate a fight? Hell no, because I know that's a fight I can't win. So women need to understand the same about men! Having arguments is one thing...getting all up in a man's face, calling him names, embarrassing him in front of people, hitting him, grabbing knives and threatening him, keying up his favorite car and destroying his property IMO warrant getting punched in the jaw!

P.S. For the record, I've never had to hit a woman because I've been lucky enough to stay away from women like that, and I know some will hate me for what I just said. So what! And yes, I have two sisters and my Mom raised them to be ladies...not thugs!

Where does it say that she did all that? I'm not opposed to what you said. Apparently, I've been lucky enough to encounter ladies and not these thug whores in my life too, so I've never had to put my hands on a girl. But from the article, it seems like there was a lot of blood everywhere and there's nothing there about her doing any of the stuff that you listed. From this initial report, it seems like Oden is a little (bleep) and hit her for the sake of hitting her.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject:

When I heard he had been arrested, I just assumed it for for something like Social Security Fraud, misuse of an AARP card, or hijacking a shipment of Geritol. Just never think of pensioners having psycho birds hanging about.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
...getting all up in a man's face, calling him names, embarrassing him in front of people, hitting him, grabbing knives and threatening him, keying up his favorite car and destroying his property IMO warrant getting punched in the jaw!

None of that (with the possible exception of the kinife, I suppose) warrants punching someone in the jaw. It would certainly warrant re-evaluating the qualities you look for in a mate.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
kwase wrote:
...getting all up in a man's face, calling him names, embarrassing him in front of people, hitting him, grabbing knives and threatening him, keying up his favorite car and destroying his property IMO warrant getting punched in the jaw!

None of that (with the possible exception of the kinife, I suppose) warrants punching someone in the jaw. It would certainly warrant re-evaluating the qualities you look for in a mate.

Keying up a guys car certainly warrants a punch in the face. I agree with everything else.

You can get up in my face, I'll walk away. You and call me names, I'll ignore it. You can try to embarrass me, but chances are that you're not looking too hot while doing it. But if you pull a knife or key my car, then I'm swinging full force and hoping to loosen some teeth (and I won't be sorry either).
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject:

He'll get off. If he had really connected on the punch, his fist would've broken like shattered glass.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Mugshot

Christ, even in his booking photo he's got that terminal, IDGAF, "when's it gonna be over?" look that old people on blood pressure meds and demerol have on their faces when you pass them on the road.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Mugshot

Christ, even in his booking photo he's got that terminal, IDGAF, "when's it gonna be over?" look that old people on blood pressure meds and demerol have on their faces when you pass them on the road.

With makeup to make him look older, I bet Morgan Freeman can play Oden in a bio pic.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

[yquote="JerryMagicKobe"]
kwase wrote:

None of that (with the possible exception of the kinife, I suppose) warrants punching someone in the jaw. It would certainly warrant re-evaluating the qualities you look for in a mate.[/quote]

Now he will be looking for quality inmates.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Mugshot

resting (bleep) face
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:

Keying up a guys car certainly warrants a punch in the face.

No it doesn't. Not even remotely.

It warrants a call to the cops and your insurance company. It's just property damage and nothing more.

It's shocking that you'd propose otherwise.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Where does it say that she did all that? I'm not opposed to what you said. Apparently, I've been lucky enough to encounter ladies and not these thug whores in my life too, so I've never had to put my hands on a girl. But from the article, it seems like there was a lot of blood everywhere and there's nothing there about her doing any of the stuff that you listed. From this initial report, it seems like Oden is a little (bleep) and hit her for the sake of hitting her.

Oden could very well be 100% wrong for what he did. We don't know the details of what happened. I was just making a general statement about domestic situations. In fact, most countries don't even allow their authorities to get involved in these types of issues...their philosophy is "If you don't like what's being done to you then leave". But yeah, we don't know what really happened in Oden's case.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
When I saw this on the local news this morning I was stunned only because up until this point I never heard a bad thing said about him by anyone.

other than biggest bust in the history of the NBA.....but yeah, character wise i haven't heard anything bad either.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Let me give this example:

I used to date this girl (Which I thank God I'm not with anymore), who had a terrible attitude. We would go to restaurants and she'd argue with the waitresses. If one tiny thing was wrong with the meal, she'd complain and have them remake it. She'd talk about what other women were wearing, how their hair was done, how goofy their boyfriends looked. She thought she knew everything, even though she dropped out of college. She was always butting into other peoples business...etc., etc., etc. We finally broke up (Again, thank you Jesus), and after 5 years of not seeing or talking to her we ran into each other and had a pretty lengthy conversation. She told me that a few years prior she was in her apartment complex arguing with a man that lived there who she knew had mental issues. She said that they had gotten into it on several occasions, but this one particular day it got pretty heated and she decided it was a good idea to get all up in the mans face and start pointing at him and instigating the guy. Well, the next thing she remembers was waking up in the hospital with her jaw wired shut. She told me that she knew she shouldn't have been messing with the guy because she knew he had mental problems, but she did it anyway and she told me it taught her a lesson.

Now, I'm not going to say how I felt about what she told me...I'm just giving an example. I'll leave it up to other posters to comment.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:
Mugshot

With makeup to make him look older, I bet Morgan Freeman can play Oden in a bio pic.

I'd wait for Morgan to age a few more years before even asking him to stretch his talent like that.

BTW, this just in, Greg Oden has just died from natural causes. RIP. His great grandchildren expect that he will be buried under the tree he planted: link

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Is this when the nba comes down hard on him to show they're ethically superior to the nfl?

In this case, banning him for the rest of his nba career is the same as banning him for 2 games
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
12 wrote:

Keying up a guys car certainly warrants a punch in the face.

No it doesn't. Not even remotely.

It warrants a call to the cops and your insurance company. It's just property damage and nothing more.

It's shocking that you'd propose otherwise.

Really? It's shocking? Some random douche starts to key my car and you expect me to call the cops and my insurance company while his dumb ass runs away? No. Hell no!

I work day and night with hardly any sleep, spend countless overtime hours, never cried about working too hard, didn't go out with friends so I can save money, passed on having a girlfriend so I can save money, finally buy the car I dreamed of, and some piece of crap keys it and all I do is call the cops and my insurance company. That's what you propose? Well, I don't mind admitting that you're a much bigger man than I am. Either that, or you have an enormous amount of money that I don't.

In my case, I'm laying his ass out. Then when he's on the floor, I'm taking his drivers license so I can claim his insurance. Screw the cops. All they do is mess with innocent people trying to get to work on time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: