Nick Young Training like Kobe
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Nick Young Training like Kobe

Quote:
When Laker fans think of Swaggy-P, Nick Young, they think of a player who is enthusiastic on the floor. They also think of a guy who likes to take a lot of shots and not always show the greatest commitment to defense. When Laker fans think of Kobe Bryant, think of a superstar. He’s the one superstar who trains like a 12th man trying to get a starting gig. Nick Young is ready to be Kobe Bryant’s Robin, and now, he’s training like it.

It looks like Kobe Bryant’s influence is rubbing off on Nick Young.

He took a 1000 shots he's serious about this robin role lol

Last edited by Car54 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject:

Link http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/08/07/nick-young-training-like-kobe/
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject:

It's a shame he's already 29
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Nash was 30 when he broke into superstar status.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject:

nick young should post up more..he needs to draw more fouls
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Nick Young Training like Kobe

Car54 wrote:
Quote:
When Laker fans think of Swaggy-P, Nick Young, they think of a player who is enthusiastic on the floor. They also think of a guy who likes to take a lot of shots and not always show the greatest commitment to defense. When Laker fans think of Kobe Bryant, think of a superstar. He’s the one superstar who trains like a 12th man trying to get a starting gig. Nick Young is ready to be Kobe Bryant’s Robin, and now, he’s training like it.

When Kobe was developing his jumper he'd spend his offseason making 2,000 shots a day. Not taking. Making.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject:

Nice to see Young putting in the work. Sixth Man of the Year?

Curious if it is just the 1000 shots or is he also hitting the weight room, doing cardio and most importantly- defensive drills.
wasehs
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Nice to see Young putting in the work. Sixth Man of the Year?

Curious if it is just the 1000 shots or is he also hitting the weight room, doing cardio and most importantly- defensive drills.

Obviously needs to be doing those things as well, but putting up that many shots is quite a workout in its own right.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
nick young should post up more..he needs to draw more fouls

He's good at posting up but he doesn't do it much.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject:

Looking forward to both mental and physical improvements from Young if he is following Kobe's lead. Hope it also translates in helping to make his teammates better as well.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject:

Nick is what he is...I think he is capable of being an elite scorer, but it's the other parts of his game that are undeveloped.

Last edited by K28 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject:

Lets see how he plays while playing with Kobe. I think he will shock some people...
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

Hopefully he can play better than last year on both end!

I used to hate Nick Young for how he plays and wasn't that excited when we got him, but he definitely changed my view of him last year. He played smarter than he used to, more unselfish and tried on defense.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Nick Young Training like Kobe

Car54 wrote:
Quote:

Then Nick is on his way to be Nightwing.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

I don't believe "Nick is what he is", you could always get better at anything if you work hard at it
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I don't see why Nick can't break out, so to speak. He's always had the potential to be an all-star caliber scorer, just hasn't had the proper direction.

Improved Swaggy + healthy Kobe + Lin/Randle/Boozer is respectable, maybe enough to edge out the Rockets.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Where's Wes and X at? Both needs to get up on this too. Especially Wes.

Kiss my Converse.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Nick is what he is...I think he is capable of being an elite scorer, but it's the other parts of his game that are undeveloped.

i think he has the talent to be an all star , but, i dont think he has the conditioning. he looks so heavy-legged out there on defense, while chasing his man around, he's always lagging behind them. i think he needs more muscle stamina in his legs. if he was also a good defensive player, damn, he'd be a piece.
(i also think that tired legs is a reason he doesnt attack the rim as much as he should)
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I don't see why Nick can't break out, so to speak. He's always had the potential to be an all-star caliber scorer, just hasn't had the proper direction.

Improved Swaggy + healthy Kobe + Lin/Randle/Boozer is respectable, maybe enough to edge out the Rockets.

Nash was an anomaly. His career trajectory just doesn't happen in basketball. But it happened for him. It's as good as it gets for Nick right now. Just hope he can play at the same level, especially with Kobe back taking his shots, and Lin who will also take shots since Marshall seemingly never took any. Anybody thinking Nick is going to do more next year is setting themselves up for a let down.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Nash was an anomaly. His career trajectory just doesn't happen in basketball. But it happened for him. It's as good as it gets for Nick right now. Just hope he can play at the same level, especially with Kobe back taking his shots, and Lin who will also take shots since Marshall seemingly never took any. Anybody thinking Nick is going to do more next year is setting themselves up for a let down.

Nash was an anomaly. but, Nick scores off of skill. i think he could be a really good scorer into his mid 30s, because he doesnt rely on athleticism to score, any of his buckets really.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm interested to see how Byron Scott Improves Young's defense I know he played pretty good "D" last season especially at the end of the season.... but for him to be a good scorer and a good defender would be a good upside for him and the Lakers potential success.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

i think he has the talent to be an all star , but, i dont think he has the conditioning. he looks so heavy-legged out there on defense, while chasing his man around, he's always lagging behind them. i think he needs more muscle stamina in his legs. if he was also a good defensive player, damn, he'd be a piece.
(i also think that tired legs is a reason he doesnt attack the rim as much as he should)

Defense is all about desire, heart, hustle and will power. It's as much mental as it is physical.

Swaggy P has never been challenged by his coaches or peers to play defense.

He has the potential but not the desire nor the will to defend consistently.

Hopefully Coach Scott can change that mindset with Swaggy and every member of the team.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

too bad young doesn't play defense..so he can't start at sf. also he and kobe both need the ball in their hands to be effective. if young can learn to play better off the ball and complement kobe's game more, they would be dangerous in the lineup at the same time. now if only Wesley Johnson trains like kobe too. then he would defly get the SF starting job.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I don't think he'll make a Nash-esque leap, though simultaneously it's not unreasonable to suggest that he'll develop into a legitimate and consistent offensive threat.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Nash was an anomaly. but, Nick scores off of skill. i think he could be a really good scorer into his mid 30s, because he doesnt rely on athleticism to score, any of his buckets really.

Nash had the advantage of learning from Kevin Johnson and Jason Kidd in practice.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: