#AskByron tweets - Laker fans ask Coach Byron questions.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: #AskByron tweets - Laker fans ask Coach Byron questions.

Since no one seemed to have posted it. I thought I just create a thread for this little insight into Coach Byron's mind.

What your number 1 priority for this season? #AskByron

Quote:
.@Zach2016Monk #1 priority for this season is to get our team to play defense on a consistent basis every single night. #AskByron

1st thing you told/will tell the guys #AskByron

Quote:
.@alwaysrong That winning is a mindset. We have to get back to thinking about winning every single night. #AskByron

The team is obviously trying to usher in a new defensive identity. From your perspective what's the first step? Accountability? #AskByron

Quote:
.@D_fiant Accountability is obviously the first step. Desire & dedication are the next steps. #AskByron

#AskByron Which Laker mirrors your style of play? Personality?#Excited Lakers!

Quote:
.@5075Ileana Of course I’m gonna say Kobe. He’s one of the best players in the NBA and as a guy that’s always in attack mode. #AskByron

Any word on who you're bringing in for your coaching staff?? #AskByron

Quote:
.@KSFantastic The coaching staff will probably be finalized in the next week. Stay tuned. #AskByron

#AskByron what is your biggest challenge when coming to a new team such as the lakers?

Quote:
.@Bailey_Bui Biggest challenge coming to a new team is getting to know your players & putting them in a position to be successful. #AskByron

Nash and Lin are good pick n roll players. Would we see the pick n roll a lot in the offense this seaon? #AskByron

Quote:
.@ranuragon We will have our share of PnR because of those two guys & because of Kobe as well. #AskByron

First off I'm very excited to have u here coach! How do you envision Julius fitting in being a rook? #askbyron

Quote:
.@alpimentel24 I think Julius has a lot of upside, great potential. #AskByron

First off I'm very excited to have u here coach! How do you envision Julius fitting in being a rook? #askbyron

Quote:
.@alpimentel24 Like everyone else, he’s going to have to come in & work his way into the rotation. Which I’m confident he will. #AskByron

We've seen your comments on Julius Randle, but how do you feel about Jordan Clarkson? Especially after the summer league? #AskByron

Quote:
.@D_fiant I like what I saw of Jordan Clarkson. Think he’s got great potential. I look at him now as just a guard, not a 1 or 2. #AskByron

@Lakers #AskByron How often will Kobe going to play in the post? Are there enough guys to space out the floor for him to operate down low?

Quote:
.@realwonje He'll be going in the post, mid-post, & elbows a lot. There'll be enough room for him to operate in space. #AskByron

Youre thoughts on ed davis and how you plan to use him #AskByron

Quote:
.@_Kragh_ I like Ed's size. He's very good around the basket & can also block shots. He's gonna have to play in the post. #AskByron
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

A more visual post by Chris Trevino:

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2014/08/08/byron-scott-does-qa-session-on-lakers-twitter-feed-says-coaching-staff-will-probably-be-complete-in-a-week/#more-22267
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for posting.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
.@realwonje He'll be going in the post, mid-post, & elbows a lot. There'll be enough room for him to operate in space. #AskByron

This is the best part

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Scott and Bryant make me feel optimisitic about this upcoming season.
Looking at the 8 teams who made the playoffs out west last year makes me feel the opposite way.
So hard for me to predict how this next season will shake out. I'm too biased.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

how are you going to control kobe? #askbyron

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Thanks for posting.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
how are you going to control kobe? #askbyron

Yeah the answer to that is he's not. Kobe is going to be Kobe and I can guarantee there will be some butting of heads at times though I think these two actually get along whereas he didn't with the previous two
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject:

I like that Byron is saying all the right things about defense. He really does seem to be harping on defense and accountability more than any coach in recent memory.

Now will he back it up if we see relentless matadorism like we saw last season? That will be the real test.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:

What are the chances we play the style of basketball where the ball is always moving until it finds an open man?

What are the chances we play hard on defense collectively as a team?

Please make a miracle happen Byron. I'm praying to Jehovah, Allah, Buddha, Krishna and the god of light. I just want to see good basketball on both ends of the floor.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Get off of Twitter Byron,before it's too late!

!...
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Hope Kobe leads by example in buying into Byron's system and philosophies. Kobe can't be controlled but if he voluntarily sacrifices a few times for the sake of the coach's vision it would help the other players to buy in and sacrifice.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Hope Kobe leads by example in buying into Byron's system and philosophies. Kobe can't be controlled but if he voluntarily sacrifices a few times for the sake of the coach's vision it would help the other players to buy in and sacrifice.

When has kobe ever not bought into the system? He bought into the triangle system, the princeton system with mike brown and even dantoni's system. Sure sometimes he might do a little too much one on one but it's hardly a problem like some try to make it out to be.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:

When has kobe ever not bought into the system? He bought into the triangle system, the princeton system with mike brown and even dantoni's system. Sure sometimes he might do a little too much one on one but it's hardly a problem like some try to make it out to be.

Your right and I trust Kobe will buy in to what Byron says. I'm just saying that it's Kobe's call on how he can help the other players to also buy in. I'm not saying he won't. Just stating that it's an important aspect for training camp.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: