Michael Brown Shooting By Police Sparks Vigil, Protest, Looting And Calls For Federal Probe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
nickuku wrote:
http://shariaunveiled.wordpress.com/2014/12/10/breaking-the-real-michael-brown-they-dont-want-you-to-see-shocking-video-release/

FYI. Someone just posted this on facebook. I can't tell for sure if its him but there is a strong resemblance.

Can't tell if it's him or not. But dude definitely can't fight. Typical big bully. He'd be taken out by a middleweight MMA fighter in about 30 seconds.

No way that's him. Brown is 6'4".

Unless that guy he socked was 6'9" and everyone in that video was from the land of giants.

Doesn't even resemble him other than a fat, black dude.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't understand. I thought they were already involved, investigating. What's the depth of their investigation?

Who knows? However, there is a big difference between investigating and actually doing something. They investigated Zimmerman, too.

True, but I have a feeling because this incident coupled with others of same like, the DOJ is going to bring some kind of charge against Wilson. Could be wrong, just a feeling.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
http://shariaunveiled.wordpress.com/2014/12/10/breaking-the-real-michael-brown-they-dont-want-you-to-see-shocking-video-release/

FYI. Someone just posted this on facebook. I can't tell for sure if its him but there is a strong resemblance.

Can't tell if it's him or not. But dude definitely can't fight. Typical big bully. He'd be taken out by a middleweight MMA fighter in about 30 seconds.

Phoenix Jones has a 4 - 1 MMA record.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't understand. I thought they were already involved, investigating. What's the depth of their investigation?

Who knows? However, there is a big difference between investigating and actually doing something. They investigated Zimmerman, too.

True, but I have a feeling because this incident coupled with others of same like, the DOJ is going to bring some kind of charge against Wilson. Could be wrong, just a feeling.

Maybe, but federal criminal civil rights cases are hard for the government to win. This is why there are so few of them. Even in the case of Rodney King, two of the four officers were acquitted.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Maybe, but federal criminal civil rights cases are hard for the government to win. This is why there are so few of them. Even in the case of Rodney King, two of the four officers were acquitted.

Six officers beat Kelly Thomas to death and zero were even reprimanded until the community protested and then only two faced charges :( humans.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Winning would do the city good but just a trial would have a soothing affect.

I personally would have been satisfied if Wilson had been indicted. I don't think he would have lost at trial but the indictment would, again, have had soothing affect. It would send the message, at least authorities tried.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

God...I hate those kinds of vids. There's a lot of those that eerily similar. Just once I would like to see a vid where the helpless attacked guy pulls out a gun and shoots the thug dead in the chest while the others run away. I'm not talking George Zimmerman either. They could've killed that guy. What's the threshold for attempted murder? If he had died from cracking his skull on the cement, I doubt if the charge would even rise to that level. Probably manslaughter or some other distinction.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Winning would do the city good but just a trial would have a soothing affect.

Yes, I made that point about 20 pages back in this thread. I gained some appreciation for the way that Florida handled the Zimmerman case. At the time, I thought that it was a questionable move for the State of Florida to bypass the grand jury. But what if the grand jury had no-billed Zimmerman? While we have a diversity of opinions about whether the jury got it right at trial, the evidence -- good and bad for Zimmerman -- got aired in a public forum.

Likewise, I expect that the result of a Ferguson trial would be an acquittal. Can you really say beyond a reasonable doubt that the cop is guilty? I think you and others have made a decent case against the cop, but there is too much conflicting evidence. If a jury believes that the kid reached inside the police car and tried to take the cop's gun -- and there are independent witnesses who support the cop on this point -- then that fact alone would make a prosecution very difficult.

Sure, you can argue that the cop should have backed down once the kid was away from the car, but a jury would likely think that this sounds more like poor decision making than criminal behavior. Criminal behavior would be hauling off and shooting the kid for no good reason. Poor decision making would be letting the stress and adrenaline of the moment lead you into a bad decision. Can you say beyond a reasonable doubt that it was the former and not the latter? If the kid reached into the car, you've got a hard sell.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:

No way that's him. Brown is 6'4".

Unless that guy he socked was 6'9" and everyone in that video was from the land of giants.

Doesn't even resemble him other than a fat, black dude.

ALL YOU PEOPLE LOOK ALIKE!

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

@ AH first part of post for you only You say
Quote:
I think you and others have made a decent case against the cop, but there is too much conflicting evidence

You left out something I said.
Quote:
I don't think he would have lost at trial but the indictment would, again, have had soothing affect

Second part

What You’re Not Being Told About Guns in Ferguson
Good read

LINK

Quote:
If the media actually wanted to do their job they would focus not just on how AR-15s and pistols are helping to protect several local businesses. They’d also focus on how whites are standing up for blacks, and blacks are standing up for whites.

One of the most encouraging stories is how a group of four black men are standing guard over a gas station owned by a white man.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

March In Washington Draws Thousands Of Protesters Demanding Justice For All

LINK

I'm heartened by the continued protests following the death of Michael Brown. It's not one ethnic marching it's American citizens as a whole.
Quote:
Garner's mother also approached the podium and praised the diversity of the crowd.

"Look at the masses," she said. "Black, white, all races, all religions ... We need to stand like this at all times."

Being a college student of the sixties I've seen movements swell and recede. I believe this particular movement has legs.

It's not going to solve the problem overnight, it will keep it forefront for a period of time, it's not going to go away anytime soon.

Until some heads at upper level police management roll it will be business as usual.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

LINK

I hope citizens of Ferguson will use this as an example of what to do and how long it takes to get things done. This took 10 years.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/unmasking-Ferguson-witness-40-496236
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Apparently, the key witness corroborating Wilson's account is a person with a history of racist comments, who injected herself into another case with a fabricated story, and who apparently wasn't even at the site of the shooting. Yet the prosecution presented her to the grand jury.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Apparently, the key witness corroborating Wilson's account is a person with a history of racist comments, who injected herself into another case with a fabricated story, and who apparently wasn't even at the site of the shooting. Yet the prosecution presented her to the grand jury.

Yikes... Why do I get fooled so easily when I try to trust the justice system?

If the witness information is true that she wasn't there heads better roll ASAP
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Would you mind saving me a search by pointing me to where it's indicated that she is the key witness?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
24 wrote:

Would you mind saving me a search by pointing me to where it's indicated that she is the key witness?

Good question. This is witness #40. The PBS chart does not have a Witness #40, nor does the witness breakdown from The Guardian. The NY Times has all these documents and photos, including the journal from Witness #40, but not the testimony: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/11/25/us/evidence-released-in-michael-brown-case.html
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Seems her testimony was discounted after the second round
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

LINK

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

LINK

Her testimony was removed before the decision not to indict if I read the articles correctly ??
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Her testimony was removed before the decision not to indict if I read the articles correctly ??

OK but her testimony was allowed. Did it poison the minds of some panelist?

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Oberlin students reaction
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Oberlin students reaction

Funny thing is, no matter the injustice, they need to learn that the World doesn't stop because of it. I think granting the emergency incomplete grades was generous. Giving away grades is never a good idea.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised Oberlin students are so involved with the deaths of Eric Garner, Michael Brown, and Tamir Rice. Oberlin is a predominantly Caucasian school. The three aforementioned are Black.

It's uplifting to see all ethnics getting into the fray. I've not seen this much involvement in social woes in some time.

As I said earlier, Maybe Michael Brown's death has a bright side, not meaning good, meaning a happening that will cause change.

His father said he didn't want his sons death to be in vain, it may not have been.

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/12/17/3604493/los-angeles-body-cams/

ndeed, statistics indicate that cops who use body cams often alter their behavior. In Rialo, CA, officers were equipped with body cameras in 2012, the number of complaints against police plummeted 88 percent over a 12-month period. And use of force incidents also dropped by 60 percent. So far a major impediment to body cam use nationwide is the hefty cost of each unit: $300-$400.

----------
LAPD will start getting body cams next year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 54 of 57
Jump to: