Michael Brown Shooting By Police Sparks Vigil, Protest, Looting And Calls For Federal Probe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:
One of my biggest beef is the idea that people are using the "oppressed by the white man" argument

"Growing up black in America, you are an outcast," said Rockit Ali, 22. "You have to worry about getting shot. You have to worry about getting killed."

Really? Thats an insult to many immigrants who came to US who can't even speak English, or have a cent to their name. They were discriminated because of their language and culture. Many of them had it much harder. And many of them do well now.

Which American immigrant groups had it harder than blacks? List with examples plz, or else your statement is (bleep) worthless.

Whut? Any immigrant who risk life and limb to get here. By boat, desert, whatever.

My in-laws came from vietnam by boat. Ran out of food and water, delirious almost drank sea water. Pirates robbed them. Boat was leaking, so the entire family tied rope to each other. If someone falls in water, can either save them, or entire family goes down. Came here without knowing english or money. Alot of these immigrants are looked down and discriminated. People laugh at the way they speak, the way they look, the culture. But many of them still succeed.

I'm not disagreeing that blacks are unfairly disciminated too, but can't use the oppressed by white man reason100% of the time when other minorities can succeed with worse situation. Instead of blaming others, sometimes have to look at the mirror and ask why aren't in school or in college.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:
One of my biggest beef is the idea that people are using the "oppressed by the white man" argument

"Growing up black in America, you are an outcast," said Rockit Ali, 22. "You have to worry about getting shot. You have to worry about getting killed."

Really? Thats an insult to many immigrants who came to US who can't even speak English, or have a cent to their name. They were discriminated because of their language and culture. Many of them had it much harder. And many of them do well now.

Which American immigrant groups had it harder than blacks? List with examples plz, or else your statement is (bleep) worthless.

Whut? Any immigrant who risk life and limb to get here. By boat, desert, whatever.

My in-laws came from vietnam by boat. Ran out of food and water, delirious almost drank sea water. Pirates robbed them. Boat was leaking, so the entire family tied rope to each other. If someone falls in water, can either save them, or entire family goes down. Came here without knowing english or money. Alot of these immigrants are looked down and discriminated. People laugh at the way they speak, the way they look, the culture. But many of them still succeed.

I'm not disagreeing that blacks are unfairly disciminated too, but can't use the oppressed by white man reason100% of the time when other minorities can succeed with worse situation. Instead of blaming others, sometimes have to look at the mirror and ask why aren't in school or in college.

You think your in-laws trip was hard?

Were they chained in bilges, feed little, thrown overboard to sharks following slave ships. I could go on with atrocities but I think you get the picture.

Were the sold as slaves, bred like animals, treated like chattle? Not asked to come to this country, made to come. Some were Kings in their countries.

How many Blacks were given money by our government to start business in Asian neighborhoods.

What you read about Blacks in American is a smoke screen. You don't read about the ones that head companies, graduate from college, are successful. That's a segment some don't want you to know about.

When I worked at the post office I was in ride share. One night I was a bit late getting ready for work. I asked Richard, a White co-worker, to come inside, I'd only be a minute.

When he came into my house I could see the wide-eyed astonishment on his face. He actually confided in me he thought Black people lived in squalor, that's the way he was raised.

President Obama is railed because some in the country don't want the world to know Black people aren't what they're depicted be. That we are in fact a intelligent people.

It's like the only cops you read about are the bad ones.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Were they chained in bilges, feed little, thrown overboard to sharks following slave ships. I could go on with atrocities but I think you get the picture.

Were the sold as slaves, bred like animals, treated like chattle? Not asked to come to this country, made to come. Some were Kings in their countries.

How many Blacks were given money by our government to start business in Asian neighborhoods.

What you read about Blacks in American is a smoke screen. You don't read about the ones that head companies, graduate from college, are successful. That's a segment some don't want you to know about.

When I worked at the post office I was in ride share. One night I was a bit late getting ready for work. I asked Richard, a White co-worker, to come inside, I'd only be a minute.

When he came into my house I could see the wide-eyed astonishment on his face. He actually confided in me he thought Black people lived in squalor, that's the way he was raised.

President Obama is railed because some in the country don't want the world to know Black people aren't what they're depicted be. That we are in fact a intelligent people.

Well we were talking about modern day issuess, not a dark period over a hundred years ago. As i said before my beef is with people crying victim for their issues. A lot of youth face hardships and to finish school is extra hard for some. But ultimately some of it is a choice. Don't have kids when you are young.

Study hard. It's cool to be a nerd. When I was in high school they bussed inner city kids to the school. I thought its great that they were given opportunity for better education. But what ended up happening was they just rather goof off and laugh at the nerds and geeks. I remember the English teacher trying hard and getting exasperated. What a wasted opportunity. And when they graduate with no degree what will happen?

There was an article posted that tech industries are mostly white and asian. It's not because they are discriminating. It's because there wasn't enough applicants.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Well we were talking about modern day issuess, not a dark period over a hundred years ago. As i said before my beef is with people crying victim for their issues. A lot of youth face hardships and to finish school is extra hard for some. But ultimately some of it is a choice. Don't have kids when you are young.

Study hard. It's cool to be a nerd. When I was in high school they bussed inner city kids to the school. I thought its great that they were given opportunity for better education. But what ended up happening was they just rather goof off and laugh at the nerds and geeks. I remember the English teacher trying hard and getting exasperated. What a wasted opportunity. And when they graduate with no degree what will happen?

There was an article posted that tech industries are mostly white and asian. It's not because they are discriminating. It's because there wasn't enough applicants.

You seem to be one of the people I'm referring to when I say it's a smoke screen. A screen fueled by those who don't want the world to know what Black people are really about.

Do you know how many Black millionaires, billionaires there are in the country? How many are CEO's of fortune 500 companies, how many are teaching YOUR children at the college level? Did you know the top designer at GM is a Black man?

Don't be blinded by the smoke screen.

The dark period of which you speak is a part of Black History that will forever be a blight on this country's history.

Do you know who really invented the cotton gin?

Did you know that Asian on Asian crime is just as high as Black on Black?

Did you know Asian gangs are just as prevalent as Blacks.

Think South Central is unsafe, go to China Town, Korea Town after dark.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
Well we were talking about modern day issuess, not a dark period over a hundred years ago.

Jeez man, I'm 42 years old. I graduated in the 90's, not the 70's. My SISTER was born during the era of Jim Crow laws. Do you know what those are? They were the laws that said that blacks had to be served out of the back door of restaurants and weren't allowed to drink from the same faucets as whites. Those laws were abolished in 1965, not over a hundred years ago.

So you had slavery from the early 1600s through the mid-late 1800's, the "Black Code" then the "Jim Crow Laws" right up through the 1960's. And it wasn't like (bleep) got better overnight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject:

cinimod wrote:
Fallout wrote:
Well we were talking about modern day issuess, not a dark period over a hundred years ago.

Jeez man, I'm 42 years old. I graduated in the 90's, not the 70's. My SISTER was born during the era of Jim Crow laws. Do you know what those are? They were the laws that said that blacks had to be served out of the back door of restaurants and weren't allowed to drink from the same faucets as whites. Those laws were abolished in 1965, not over a hundred years ago.

So you had slavery from the early 1600s through the mid-late 1800's, the "Black Code" then the "Jim Crow Laws" right up through the 1960's. And it wasn't like (bleep) got better overnight.

Stay tuned Fallout, take off the blinders. You might learn something.

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:

You seem to be one of the people I'm referring to when I say it's a smoke screen. A screen fueled by those who don't want the world to know what Black people are really about.

Do you know how many Black millionaires, billionaires there are in the country? How many are CEO's of fortune 500 companies, how many are teaching YOUR children at the college level? Did you know the top designer at GM is a Black man?

The dark period of which you speak is a part of Black History that will forever be a blight on this country's history.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, I did not say they can't succeed. I said alot of people still blame the white people holding them back. Yes I know there are many who succeed immensely. I had black professors. My last and current boss is black. But alot of people use the excuse of being held back by others for their issues.

I also didn't say there are no bad asian people. Asian gangs are even more brutal because of where they can come from. There are good and bad people, no matter the race.

The topic was on Fergueson and people saying things like their only crime is just being black. How it was an execution of an innocent black youth by a white cop.
What I'm saying is that some of the situation are caused by themselves, not by the white man. And they use it as an excuse.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
cinimod wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I did. The facts are not new to me, but surprise how alot of people cling to the past instead of moving on.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
jodeke wrote:
cinimod wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I did. The facts are not new to me, but surprise how alot of people cling to the past instead of moving on.

We've moved on. You don't seem to understand what you're seeing and beliveing is what TPTB want you to.

shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
NickF wrote:
The thing is they have to start voting, they are not being represented (Mayor and city council mostly white in community of 2/3 Black) in their community, no one is going to give it to you. Instead of trashing the place, organize yourselves.

QFT

Hopefully something, don't misunderstand this, good may come from the death of Michael Brown. It may wake up the Ferguson minority population.

Groups may form to get voters registered and ready to go to the polls. Ferguson's 2/3 majority minority is positioned to take control of their city. If they don't it's on them. .

White people are the minority in Ferguson/Florrisant but they wield all the power. They recently removed a very successful school superintendent over political issues.

Just to keep things in historical context, the demographic switch in ferguson completely flip flopped in a relatively short period between 1990-2010. It used to be about 3/4 white, 1/4 black, now its effectively the opposite. So what you have is a relatively young black community in ferguson, as such i wouldnt expect them to all of a sudden rule their local community politics. They need to be engaged and win some elections. Which shouldnt be a problem. More representative government doesnt happen over night.
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Would it behoove Mr Wilson to put out a letter in the paper stating his side of the story with apologies to residents and family?

If I knew I was 100% innocent I would.

I don't think it would do any good, lines have been drawn in the sand.

If Wilson's not indicted, there'll be problems. If he's indicted and found not guilty, there'll be problems.

What disturbs me is if Wilson's indicted and found guilty his supporters will go home angry but peacefully.

As I said, I don't see this ending well.

Out for blood is not going to help anyone.

Something very interesting in this case is how badly the police and media managed their words in the beginning.. IF I was chief.. I would have been certain the public knew that Michael Brown had just robbed a store owner and that that could have led to an altercation with the police. Not trying to paint him as worthy of death by cop but also not letting the story be so extremely one sided
White Cop shoots unarmed black child known as gentle giant who never touched him and had his hands high in the air

I hope Truth prevails

You can blame the media and race baiters for this. Law enforcement is under no obligation to release ANYTHING during an investigation. Just like with the TM case, the media pumped up a narrative they had no clue about long before the facts came to light, and this is what you end up with.
NanceJrFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Putting more African American in a position of power in Ferguson is like putting a band-aid on a stab wound; it is not the solution.
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
shansen008 wrote:

Quote:
Or did you mean "they THINK..."? If the Grand Jury decides not to indict, it will be on the evidence available, and skin color has nothing to do with physical evidence. Stop perpetuating this malarky.

I disagree with the context of your post. Skin color will have something to do with to indict or not. It should be on evidence but that would be in a perfect world.

What I've read about McColloch I don't think it will be. I don't trust him to give evidence enough to indict.

I know you shouldn't judge a person on looks but in McColloch's case I just can't help it. LINK

Can you not read dude? I said physical evidence has nothing to do with skin color. To which you reply, "Skin color will have something to do with to indict or not." You want to have that conversation, then start a thread....but that isnt what i said. Due to the evidence made public so far, i dont think they have enough to indict. That doesnt mean i think they wont try. Physical evidence is color blind.

I took issue with 24 telling us how we all KNOW that the situation would be different if blah blah blah. Thats BS speculation. What we KNOW is that he robbed a store. What we KNOW is that he was shot to death after a confrontation with a LEO. What we KNOW is that Brown was shot at close range in the hand during the altercation in the vehicle. There are lots of things we KNOW. That none of this would have happened if Mike Brown were white is something we definitely dont know and is downright preposterous to state. If the evidence shows that Brown assaulted the officer and struggled for his weapon and then refused orders to stop and instead acted aggressively before he was shot, then who the (bleep) is 24 to say that it never would have happened if he were white? If all that (bleep) goes down, i dont care if youre purple.....youre getting shot.

Stop with the race BS.

I didn't say YOU know. You don't have any idea of what it is to be a black person in a neighborhood policed by white cops, who can shoot you in the back while running away and have the conservative white folks wearing their name on shirts like a conquering hero.

The evidence shows Brown may have had an altercation of some sort (likely did) at the car, ran away, got shot, turned around with his hands up and got shot some more.

I think it is the minorities have the best right to say stop with the race bs, not you or I.

I know exactly what you said, and its still bs. They dont know, its what they suspect...its an opinion. They dont KNOW any more than you or I. Just like saying, "...got shot, turned around with his hands up...". You dont KNOW that either. Most of the forensic evidence does not support that his hands were up in surrender. That doesnt mean that it is for sure that he didnt have his hands up at some point, but the vast majority of his wounds indicate he was NOT in a submissive state. At some point maybe he did, but whos to say it wasnt after taking the 5th round? Then at that point Wilson is supposed to react in a live fire situation within milliseconds to stop firing?

Im just getting really fed up with the suspension of disbelief around here. I read through this entire thread over the weekend just to catch up with how opinions have been changed as more info has come out. Its frightening dude, the same hands up dont shoot crowd still sees it the same way. You really have to completely ignore the preponderance of evidence to still cling to the racist cop shoots black kid with his hands up narrative. Ive stayed pretty impartial waiting for evidence in this thread. The physical evidence could go 99% in the direction of this being a simple case of thug assaults officer, thug resists, thug disobeys orders, thug gets shot to death, and the same folks will still look at that 1% like

If there is no chance, regardless of evidence to change how some parties view this, then why even bother? Guilty until proven guilty is becoming the new norm. Ferguson is starting to look like modern day Salem. What happens if he does get indicted, it goes to trial and he gets Zimmerman'd? What will have changed? NOTHING. Zim is still guilty, Wilson will always be guilty, and Kobe is a rapist. There are none so blind as those that will not see.

I hope it does go to trial, i want justice done either way.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I don't mean to insult you, but using the example of your inlaws makes you sound like a complete idiot. Ever hear of the middle passage?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Passage

Don't ever, ever compare what anyone who came here of their free will went through to the experience of the people brought here as human chattel and their descendents.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:

You stated that there are American immigrant groups who've had it harder than blacks. You were asked to make a list with examples. Not only did you fail to answer the question but it looks like you might not have even understood the question.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject:

stoneplz wrote:
Putting more African American in a position of power in Ferguson is like putting a band-aid on a stab wound; it is not the solution.

Really? Why do you think like that? I don't want to draw a conclusion. I'd really like to understand why you feel that way.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Would it behoove Mr Wilson to put out a letter in the paper stating his side of the story with apologies to residents and family?

If I knew I was 100% innocent I would.

I don't think it would do any good, lines have been drawn in the sand.

If Wilson's not indicted, there'll be problems. If he's indicted and found not guilty, there'll be problems.

What disturbs me is if Wilson's indicted and found guilty his supporters will go home angry but peacefully.

As I said, I don't see this ending well.

Out for blood is not going to help anyone.

Something very interesting in this case is how badly the police and media managed their words in the beginning.. IF I was chief.. I would have been certain the public knew that Michael Brown had just robbed a store owner and that that could have led to an altercation with the police. Not trying to paint him as worthy of death by cop but also not letting the story be so extremely one sided
White Cop shoots unarmed black child known as gentle giant who never touched him and had his hands high in the air

I hope Truth prevails

You can blame the media and race baiters for this. Law enforcement is under no obligation to release ANYTHING during an investigation. Just like with the TM case, the media pumped up a narrative they had no clue about long before the facts came to light, and this is what you end up with.

Don't be so hard on yourself son.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I'm not sure what you're getting at, I did not say they can't succeed. I said alot of people still blame the white people holding them back. Yes I know there are many who succeed immensely. I had black professors. My last and current boss is black. But alot of people use the excuse of being held back by others for their issues.

I also didn't say there are no bad asian people. Asian gangs are even more brutal because of where they can come from. There are good and bad people, no matter the race.

The topic was on Fergueson and people saying things like their only crime is just being black. How it was an execution of an innocent black youth by a white cop.
What I'm saying is that some of the situation are caused by themselves, not by the white man. And they use it as an excuse.

Do you know how many Asians say the same thing? It's just not something made public.

Some of the situations are cause by themselves some by others.

You still don't get it.

What I'm saying is, we're not using it as an excuse, that's the sterotype shoved down your throat. Have you taken time to search the truth or are you willing to accept whatever you're told?

And to get into your first impying your in-laws had it so bad. I hope you've since changed your mind.

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I don't mean to insult you, but using the example of your inlaws makes you sound like a complete idiot. Ever hear of the middle passage?

Don't ever, ever compare what anyone who came here of their free will went through to the experience of the people brought here as human chattel and their descendents.

Again I'm not sure why keep bringing slavery up. I did not bring that up nor comparing immigrants with people force against their will. I NEVER compared it with slavery nor brought it up. Someone else did.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:

You stated that there are American immigrant groups who've had it harder than blacks. You were asked to make a list with examples. Not only did you fail to answer the question but it looks like you might not have even understood the question.

You said groups. I said immigrants. Each experience is different. Some have it easier. Some riskier.

Chinese, Vietnamese, Cubans, Mexicans etc, some of those had life risking trip to get here. Can't speak the language. Not a penny to their name. No identity. Alien culture. They literally have to start from scratch with nothing. I'm talking about modern times not over a hundred years ago.

But all had a dream of a better life here to make the risk all worth while.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Do you know how many Asians say the same thing? It's just not something made public.

Some of the situations are cause by themselves some by others.

You still don't get it.

What I'm saying is, we're not using it as an excuse, that's the sterotype shoved down your throat. Have you taken time to search the truth or are you willing to accept whatever you're told?

And to get into your first impying your in-laws had it so bad. I hope you've since changed your mind.

I am not categorizing as a whole. You did. People are people. There are good and bad. I'm Chinese and I will be the first to say some people in China are the rudest and most callous people you will see. But not all are like that.

Same situation over here. I specifically said my gripe is with the people who say stuff like their only crime is being black etc. there are serious issues and how they handle the grand jury verdict is important.

Show peace and restraint and pursue the cause gracefully the country and world will notice. If there are rioting, violence and deaths, it will reinforce stereotypes.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Fallout wrote:
C M B wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Again I'm not sure why keep bringing slavery up. I did not bring that up nor comparing immigrants with people force against their will. I NEVER compared it with slavery nor brought it up. Someone else did.

Whut?

Are you serious?

You:Really? Thats an insult to many immigrants who came to US who can't even speak English, or have a cent to their name. They were discriminated because of their language and culture. Many of them had it much harder

CMB:Which American immigrant groups had it harder than blacks? List with examples plz, or else your statement is (bleep) worthless.

You:My in-laws came from vietnam by boat. Ran out of food and water, delirious almost drank sea water. Pirates robbed them. Boat was leaking, so the entire family tied rope to each other. If someone falls in water, can either save them, or entire family goes down. Came here without knowing english or money. Alot of these immigrants are looked down and discriminated. People laugh at the way they speak, the way they look, the culture. But many of them still succeed.

Honestly, there is no need to respond. If this is your level of discourse, then we're just wasting time here.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

Immigrants

I think there should be some clarification of
Had
Vs
Have

I think people are most concerned with whole families and people coming over here "Now" and their children.

To totally disrespect current immigrants who nearly die enroute here is not proper or just.

Slavery was an abomination. Slaves were stolen people and also people sold by their countrymen.

But there are people who risk their lives to come here of their own free will because this is/was the land of freedom and opportunity. To totally ignore their struggle and impoverished states when they arrive does nobody any good and is not honest dialogue on this issue
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:

Quote:
I am not categorizing as a whole. You did. People are people. There are good and bad. I'm Chinese and I will be the first to say some people in China are the rudest and most callous people you will see. But not all are like that.

Same situation over here. I specifically said my gripe is with the people who say stuff like their only crime is being black etc. there are serious issues and how they handle the grand jury verdict is important.

Show peace and restraint and pursue the cause gracefully the country and world will notice. If there are rioting, violence and deaths, it will reinforce stereotypes.

You wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Instead of blaming others, sometimes have to look at the mirror and ask why aren't in school or in college.

Read what you wrote. Are you guilty of what you accuse me of?

If you interpreted my post as all encompassing it wasn't my intention.

Of course there are segments of good and bad in all ethnics. You wrote as though the majority of Blacks didn't go to school, too many kids had kids, etc.

Where did you get your information? Where you were fed, as others, by sources who don't the truth to be told? It's a means of oppression veiled. Pit ethnics against one another so the TPTB can remain in power.

Invite a Black man to dinner. Sit and talk, get it from the horses mouth.

By the Bye Point out where I categorized as a whole.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:45 am; edited 3 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

Immigrants

I think there should be some clarification of
Had
Vs
Have

I think people are most concerned with whole families and people coming over here "Now" and their children.

To totally disrespect current immigrants who nearly die enroute here is not proper or just.

Slavery was an abomination. Slaves were stolen people and also people sold by their countrymen.

But there are people who risk their lives to come here of their own free will because this is/was the land of freedom and opportunity. To totally ignore their struggle and impoverished states when they arrive does nobody any good and is not honest dialogue on this issue

Who did that? I must have missed it. Please point it out to me. I'd like to see if I misinterpreted something.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 30 of 57
Jump to: