OFFICIAL 2014-15 Western Conference Standings Discussion/Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I'm more interested in the fact that the Rockets would fall to 8th, meaning our draft pick would be in the 18-21 range depending on how bad the East is. I'd be quite content with a 19th pick. I'd love a 19th pick and a 4th pick, but our team is too good to be that bad and at the same time it is unlikely we make the playoffs.

I'd guess somewhere along the lines of 9-12 is about right.

If Lakers end up 12th then our pick to Phoenix becomes a high 6-7 pick for them yes? Those lucky bast ( a t ) 4&$!

If we're likely out of the Playoffs, might as well not make it by getting our Top 4-5 pick back from PHX as the consolation prize to go with our Top 18-21 from HOU too.

Mediocrity is hell.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject:

it's okay they always underrate whatever team Lin is on, 2012, 2013, where both expected to miss playoffs ,they made both palyoffs, i'm used to it
Triple Double
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

BScott - "Bulletin Board material!"

I hope he rides them with this all year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I'm more interested in the fact that the Rockets would fall to 8th, meaning our draft pick would be in the 18-21 range depending on how bad the East is. I'd be quite content with a 19th pick. I'd love a 19th pick and a 4th pick, but our team is too good to be that bad and at the same time it is unlikely we make the playoffs.

If Lakers end up 12th then our pick to Phoenix becomes a high 6-7 pick for them yes? Those lucky bast AT 4&$!

That's ok, they will probably just draft another PG.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
No..... the only guarantee I see is that people have this assumption that the Lakers are gonna have another bad season like last year even though we have Improved in some areas.

I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, and I don't plan to wallow in pessimism. Having said that, I really don't see any area in which we have clearly improved. If Lin clicks, if Randle develops fast, if Boozer finds the fountain of youth, if Kobe bounces back at 90% or better of his 2013 form, and if everyone is healthy, I can see this team doing better than 12th and maybe even making a run at the playoffs.

However, we have no margin for error. We have a lot of aging players and others who have had injury issues (Lin in particular). If things go bad, we could crash to 15th. I can imagine seeing some stretches in which we have some . . . unexpected starting lineups, like we did against the Spurs in the playoffs a couple years back. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
15 wolves
14 kings
13 jazz
12 lakers
11 nuggets
10 pelicans
9 suns
8 grizzlies
7 rockets
6 mavs
5 blazers
4 clippers
3 warriors
2 spurs
1 thunder

This is realistic. I doubt Kobe helps, 36 coming off two season ending surgeries? Again, be realistic. As a matter of fact, teams will play up to the presence of Kobe as opposed to playing down to the Lakers like last year. Next year won't be pretty.

You sound like a BSPN analyst. Realism is the last thing that happens on LG, especially when the poster is a new poster. I have yet to see any poster here have PROOF that Kobe will not be Kobe. All this age BS is just plain stunted. But hey opinions are like a holes and you know the rest.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
But hey opinions are like a holes and you know the rest.

Best not displayed in public?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
No..... the only guarantee I see is that people have this assumption that the Lakers are gonna have another bad season like last year even though we have Improved in some areas.

I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, and I don't plan to wallow in pessimism. Having said that, I really don't see any area in which we have clearly improved. If Lin clicks, if Randle develops fast, if Boozer finds the fountain of youth, if Kobe bounces back at 90% or better of his 2013 form, and if everyone is healthy, I can see this team doing better than 12th and maybe even making a run at the playoffs.

However, we have no margin for error. We have a lot of aging players and others who have had injury issues (Lin in particular). If things go bad, we could crash to 15th. I can imagine seeing some stretches in which we have some . . . unexpected starting lineups, like we did against the Spurs in the playoffs a couple years back. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I would say that having our bench players off the bench and not starting will help with a great deal of improvement. Not starting Dleague and 3rd string players will also help.

I think this will be a weird season, only one team from the West at 60 wins and instead of 6 teams in the 50's, there will be only 3.

Spurs
Clippers
OKC
Warriors
Rockets
Blazers
Mavs
Lakers
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
King beef wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
15 wolves
14 kings
13 jazz
12 lakers
11 nuggets
10 pelicans
9 suns
8 grizzlies
7 rockets
6 mavs
5 blazers
4 clippers
3 warriors
2 spurs
1 thunder

This is realistic. I doubt Kobe helps, 36 coming off two season ending surgeries? Again, be realistic. As a matter of fact, teams will play up to the presence of Kobe as opposed to playing down to the Lakers like last year. Next year won't be pretty.

You sound like a BSPN analyst. Realism is the last thing that happens on LG, especially when the poster is a new poster. I have yet to see any poster here have PROOF that Kobe will not be Kobe. All this age BS is just plain stunted. But hey opinions are like a holes and you know the rest.

Hate to say but ESPN was pretty much on the mark last season. Read LG's "predictions" last year too and tell me who is more BS.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
King beef wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
15 wolves
14 kings
13 jazz
12 lakers
11 nuggets
10 pelicans
9 suns
8 grizzlies
7 rockets
6 mavs
5 blazers
4 clippers
3 warriors
2 spurs
1 thunder

What specifically about aging do you not believe in?
kobemania3-16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I think we will win about 46 games, but i'm not sure it will be enough in the west to get the 8 spot or better.
“It’s silly. It’s absolutely silly. Hopefully, L.A. understands what everything he’s been able to accomplish with this franchise in a very, very competitive sport with some very, very competitive teams. That’s just ridiculous.”
Kobe about Dr. Buss.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JayLida wrote:
King beef wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
15 wolves
14 kings
13 jazz
12 lakers
11 nuggets
10 pelicans
9 suns
8 grizzlies
7 rockets
6 mavs
5 blazers
4 clippers
3 warriors
2 spurs
1 thunder

Hate to say but ESPN was pretty much on the mark last season. Read LG's "predictions" last year too and tell me who is more BS.

It is amazing how ESPN foresaw a record number of games missed by the Lakers. Like you said before, a broken clock is right twice a day (once in the military).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
JayLida wrote:
King beef wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
15 wolves
14 kings
13 jazz
12 lakers
11 nuggets
10 pelicans
9 suns
8 grizzlies
7 rockets
6 mavs
5 blazers
4 clippers
3 warriors
2 spurs
1 thunder

What specifically about aging do you not believe in?

That every single person over the age of 35 is over the hill.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to lay it out there and say the Lakers are going to surprise many people (I could be wrong but I have a feeling) and make the playoffs.
Getting a healthy Kobe back for a full season will make a lot difference even at his age. Slowing down working the ball offensively to get better shots and stopping that run and gun moronic offense will instantly improve their defense tremendously and that just with the right offense. Let Kobe post up at his spots and get others involved will work miracles. If Kobe and Byron can work this out watch out. Too bad we couldn't keep Pau Lakers are going to look back at this as an error.
stewjoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Stewjoe - Every team has a disadvantage every night that is why there is coaches in the league to make proper adjustments........ that excuse can be made for every team in the league.

By definition, I think that only half of the teams are at a disadvantage every night. The other half have an advantage. The concept of advantage and disadvantage are relative.

However, I am curious about how you foresee this coaching thing working. Since the other teams who have more talent than us also have coaches, we are counting on Byron outcoaching Popovich or Carlisle or Doc Rivers so much that it mitigates the fact that we are talent deficient?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

1 San Antonio
2 Blazers
3 Clippers
4 Thunder
5 Suns
6 Warriors
7 Lakers
8 Mavs
9 Rockets
10 Pelicans
11 Grizzlies
12 T-Pups
13 Kings
14 Jazz
15 Nuggets
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait to watch this team play man. Hopefully we're gonna surprise alot of people this year. The wait is killing me
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

If Lakers end up 12th then our pick to Phoenix becomes a high 6-7 pick for them yes? Those lucky bast (@) 4&$!

That's ok, they will probably just draft another PG.

Unless the Celtics get to him first. They need another point guard to compliment their other 2 starting point guards.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JayLida wrote:
King beef wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
15 wolves
14 kings
13 jazz
12 lakers
11 nuggets
10 pelicans
9 suns
8 grizzlies
7 rockets
6 mavs
5 blazers
4 clippers
3 warriors
2 spurs
1 thunder

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure we will be better than last season.

But I don't think that means we make the playoffs in the brutal western conference.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JayLida wrote:
King beef wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
15 wolves
14 kings
13 jazz
12 lakers
11 nuggets
10 pelicans
9 suns
8 grizzlies
7 rockets
6 mavs
5 blazers
4 clippers
3 warriors
2 spurs
1 thunder

It is amazing how ESPN foresaw a record number of games missed by the Lakers. Like you said before, a broken clock is right twice a day (once in the military).

Lakers could have been completely healthy last year. No way that team would have won 49 games. That's what was needed to get in. Plus D'Antoni once tried the to his system with the wrong personnel. Just don't believe in the dude.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:

What does being a new poster have to do with basketball knowledge or laker knowledge?

What's my proof Kobe won't be Kobe?
Dunno, I guess that epic 6 game comeback last year and the history of athletes after Achilles injuries.

The age thing is stunted? I admire your optimism but the odds of "Kobe being Kobe" next year are low.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JayLida wrote:
King beef wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
15 wolves
14 kings
13 jazz
12 lakers
11 nuggets
10 pelicans
9 suns
8 grizzlies
7 rockets
6 mavs
5 blazers
4 clippers
3 warriors
2 spurs
1 thunder

But ESPN has been proven to be wrong many times before. What I am saying,nothing is really set, anything can happen in NBA.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JayLida wrote:
King beef wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
15 wolves
14 kings
13 jazz
12 lakers
11 nuggets
10 pelicans
9 suns
8 grizzlies
7 rockets
6 mavs
5 blazers
4 clippers
3 warriors
2 spurs
1 thunder

Every dog has its day.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

For me, any view of the likely season's results starts with questions about Kobe.

Next, in seeing that the next best player (our top draft pick) plays the same slot as Boozer. Ouch.

It continues with doubts about player chemistry and defensive predilections.

It questions continued concerns about centers and small forwards and point guards playing front line minutes when they can't make clubs elsewhere.

Optimism ends in seeing a new coach with a poor record everywhere he goes.

Seems to net out to a probably Laker finish in 12th or 13th place in the West. Best possible outcome ? Kobe returns to scoring form, stays healthy, and is contending for honors as scoring champ again on a fairly lousy squad.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
King beef wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
15 wolves
14 kings
13 jazz
12 lakers
11 nuggets
10 pelicans
9 suns
8 grizzlies
7 rockets
6 mavs
5 blazers
4 clippers
3 warriors
2 spurs
1 thunder

There's no proof that he will or won't be Kobe, the season hasn't happened yet. The people that are sure that ESPN and Vegas are counting out the Lakers just to hate on them should be first in line at the betting counter and betting the farm on this season. If the Lakers are a playoff team this year, people could make a boatload of money by declaring that now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: