** OFFICIAL ASSISTANT COACHES THREAD **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Paul Pressey looks like a lock.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/scott-633746-lakers-last.html

Quote:
While the Lakers haven’t officially named Scott’s coaching staff, expected assistants, including Jim Eyen, Paul Pressey and Mark Madsen, have been working with players.

“You start implementing your offense and your defense and things like that,” Scott said, “so you have a good idea in your mind when training camp starts of what you want to do.”

I liked Pressy as a player...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad to see Paul Pressey on board, he was a heck of a player & from all accounts a very good coach.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Paul Pressey looks like a lock.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/scott-633746-lakers-last.html

Quote:
While the Lakers haven’t officially named Scott’s coaching staff, expected assistants, including Jim Eyen, Paul Pressey and Mark Madsen, have been working with players.

“You start implementing your offense and your defense and things like that,” Scott said, “so you have a good idea in your mind when training camp starts of what you want to do.”

I liked Pressy as a player...

Adds more to the Lakers/ Celtics rivalry. Father Paul Pressey against his Celtic son, Phil Pressey.
jamnjb
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
What is taking so long, I've NEVER seen such dysfunction regarding a coaching staff & hires!!!

I guess they're waiting till X-mas to make sure...

It's Sept 1st & no system or direction for soon to be training camp...

So sad...

So.. are you basing this off of facts? Or.. because the Lakers aren't releasing their game plan for the entire world to see?

The lack of news being reported doesn't mean that nothing is going on. Like.. all of the inner workings of a NBA team isn't available to the public / reporters / twitter. You know that, yeah?

One more month. That's it. Just. One. Month before pre-season starts.

It's gonna be a long month lol.

FACTS!!! Name me one team one team in the HISTORY of NBA this late going into training camp this far behind & a coaching staff... What are you talking about releasing names???

It doesn't matter what or who they are, this team is so far away keeping your assumed hires secret is really scaring the rest of league... Com'on...

Miami Heat, New York Knicks, Washington Wizards all, this week Sept 2-5, released and/or added coaches to their staff. Fairly normal apparently. And the Lakers have always done things their own way and in their own time frame. Just because they don't inform us doesn't make them dysfunctional, clueless or without a plan.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Lakers Hiring Europe's Igor Kokoskov To Coaching Staff

Quote:
Lakers Hiring Europe's Igor Kokoskov To Coaching Staff

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 11m

Hearing new Lakers coach Byron Scott is closing on the addition of Igor Kokoskov, one of Europe's finest coaching exports, to his LA staff

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/508759567312752640

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 9m

Kokoskov, of Serbia, was on Mike Brown's staff in Cleveland last season and just led Georgia to qualification for next summer's EuroBasket

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/508760040488984576

So the coaching staff is gonna be Mark Madsen, Larry Lewis, Igor Kokoskov, Paul Pressey and Jim Eyen.

Last edited by Lakerfan 4 Life on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers are on the brink of adding Igor Kokoskov to Byron Scott’s coaching staff, according to ESPN’s Marc Stein.

Kokoskov is a Serbian coach who is currently the head coach of the Georgian National team. Kokoskov also has plenty of assistant coaching experience in the NBA.

KOKOSKOV link
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Serbian? There's our "enforcer".
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject:

From what it seems.. Jeremy Lin and Jordan Clarkson (Steve Nash too if he's able to play) will benefit from the hiring as he's very point-guard oriented.

From what I gathered from reading a few things about him

- Considered a very, creative offensive mind, preaches ball movement.

- Was credited for Goran Dragic's initial success as an up and coming point guard.

Among other things he was more recently with the Cleveland Cavaliers under Mike Brown and was apparently their offensive coach. So.. I'm not certain what to make of that. However, it is Mike Brown.. so.. you know what he does to an offense lol.

Sounds good. Interesting hire.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers aren't messing around.... they want to gather every bit of people they can find that will bring the Lakers season to success..... Scott is gonna bring his best coaching ability under the Lakers.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject:

I read about Kokoskov before I knew about the Lakers hire. Former Brown assistant at Cleveland and Phoenix assistant under Gentry/Hunter. He's supposed to be an offensive guru, but it didn't turn out that well at his last two stops, with Cleveland and Phoenix struggling to score.

At Phoenix Hornacek brought in his own team revamped the offense and raised their offensive rating around 8 points after Kokosov left. Cleveland's offense also got worse under Brown (replacing Byron).

However, it would be unfair to draw any conclusions on that, given that the head coach obviously has the biggest influence on the team's offense, and we all know how Brown is on offense. Phoenix was decent offensively before that final season. Kokoskov supposedly well respected around the league according to sportswriters, and creative with what he tries on offense. Interestingly, he thinks that the ball should always be in the PG's hands while Byron doesn't really believe in PGs, just guards (as in the Triangle / Princeton)- we'll see what happens with that. It's good to see another experienced X's and O's guy on the staff.

It's sort of like Eyen, who's well respected, whose specialty is supposedly defense, but whose previous teams didn't do very well defensively. I'm sure both guys will have a lot to prove. Hopefully these guys can get their chance to shine under someone like Byron.

(Also, Igor's wife is supposedly pretty hot)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

I just like the fact that his name is Igor
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jamnjb
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Mark Medina @MarkG_Medina

Scott's staff will be Jim Eyen, Paul Pressey, Mark Madsen as assts; Larry Lewis & Thomas Scott as assts/player development. 1 position left

3:11 PM - 9 Sep 2014

27 Retweets 9 favorites
Retweet
Favorite
jamnjb
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Mark Medina @MarkG_Medina
Follow
Scott confirmed @ESPNSteinLine report about interest in Igor Kokoshov, but said it's not definitive he will be on.

3:09 PM - 9 Sep 2014

10 Retweets 8 favorites
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Haven't been following much Laker news this summer, but hard to believe they haven't finalized the coaching staff with less than three weeks before the start of training camp.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject:

COACHES-UPDATE
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Announce Coaching Staff

El Segundo - Los Angeles Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak announced today that Paul Pressey, Jim Eyen and Mark Madsen will serve as assistant coaches on Byron Scott’s staff. Additionally, it was announced that Clay Moser (assistant coach/head advance NBA scout), Larry Lewis (assistant coach/director of player development), Thomas Scott (assistant coach/player development), Tom Bialaszewski (video coordinator/coach), and J.J. Outlaw (video coordinator/player development) will round out Scott’s staff.

“I’m excited to have completed my staff with a group of individuals who each possess unique skills, but all share my vision for the future of this team,” said Scott. “Paul is a great basketball mind with vast experience and someone with whom I have worked before, while Jim returns to the Laker family with a proven track record and a tremendous amount of respect around the league. Thomas has worked very hard through the ranks of the video department, player development and the NBA Development League to earn this position. I’m delighted to retain Mark, Clay, Larry, Tom and J.J., who are all highly qualified and have worked tirelessly with our players throughout the summer to prepare for next season. I can say with certainty that our staff is dedicated to upholding the winning culture and tradition of the Los Angeles Lakers.”

LINK
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Lakers Announce Coaching Staff

El Segundo - Los Angeles Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak announced today that Paul Pressey, Jim Eyen and Mark Madsen will serve as assistant coaches on Byron Scott’s staff. Additionally, it was announced that Clay Moser (assistant coach/head advance NBA scout), Larry Lewis (assistant coach/director of player development), Thomas Scott (assistant coach/player development), Tom Bialaszewski (video coordinator/coach), and J.J. Outlaw (video coordinator/player development) will round out Scott’s staff.

“I’m excited to have completed my staff with a group of individuals who each possess unique skills, but all share my vision for the future of this team,” said Scott. “Paul is a great basketball mind with vast experience and someone with whom I have worked before, while Jim returns to the Laker family with a proven track record and a tremendous amount of respect around the league. Thomas has worked very hard through the ranks of the video department, player development and the NBA Development League to earn this position. I’m delighted to retain Mark, Clay, Larry, Tom and J.J., who are all highly qualified and have worked tirelessly with our players throughout the summer to prepare for next season. I can say with certainty that our staff is dedicated to upholding the winning culture and tradition of the Los Angeles Lakers.”

LINK

its an ok staff.....
laker_guerilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Looks like we're set. No Igor, and a couple of other names we hadn't heard.

Quote:
Eric Pincus ✔ @EricPincus

Lakers announce coaching staff under Byron Scott - Mark Madsen, Jim Eyen and Paul Pressey
3:39 PM - 16 Sep 2014

Quote:
Eric Pincus ✔ @EricPincus

Also on Scott's staff will be Clay Moser, Larry Lewis, Thomas Scott, Tom Bialaszewski & JJ Outlaw
3:40 PM - 16 Sep 2014

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

TIME TO GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm always excited for some Lakers basketball. I know we're probably going to suck next season, but I can't wait for it to start
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Bialaszewski and Outlaw worked on Brown and D’Antoni's staff also.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

No sexy names for assistant coaches. I really wanted GP. Then I had my heart set on Igor Kokosov, but only for his name lol.

Hopefully this staff has the atttention and respect of the players.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject:

OK, so what happened with Igor?
Did the Lakers decide they didn't want him? Or did he decide he would be a better fit elsewhere?
Did he want more money for his services than the Lakers felt he was worth?
Anyone know what happened?
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

No Coop I guess. I'd prefer Luke over Mad Dog, but the former is with Golden St. Darn.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have a detailed breakdown on likely division of labor? Which assistant coach will be focusing on what task/role in the organization?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: