New Westworld remake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm wondering if Arnold found a way to put himself into the matrix, so to speak.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

^ That might be the voice of God that a few hosts are hearing.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Spoiler Alert:The Maze - Weeks Ahead: Westworld (HBO)

Awwww shhhht
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Spoiler Alert:The Maze - Weeks Ahead: Westworld (HBO)

Awwww shhhht

Damn...
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Episode 6 spoilers ahoy...

OMG, I thought that programmer chick was dead meat...she still might be, but I wonder who took her down...Arnold perhaps?

It looks like Theresa is dirty...interesting.

Kind of shocked they just let that dude piss on the map thingy...

It looks like Maeve is becoming a more important character than I thought she would be in the first episode.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

OMF(ord)! Bernard! That "host" they were building in the basement is likely the stand-in for Theresa. Is Ford Frankenstein's (Arnold's) creation? Would explain a lot of things... Imagine if an android killed his master to rule over his own little world. This war between the board and Ford is just another game to see who has ultimate control. Or maybe "the board" wants their consciousness and sentience uploaded into these androids so that they can live on forever and Westworld is just another front for a petri dish to serve their purposes. I hope the ghost of Arnold comes through and stops Ford before things get out of hand. Totally flipped my allegiances to team Dolores/Arnold.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Dude. Wow...Big B...
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject:

That was a spectacular episode, my god. Just wow.

Btw, did you check out the body on that malfunctioning robo hooker? Damn.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:48 am    Post subject:

spoiler

non linear. timeline. theory. oooooohhh.
(William is the part of the timeline 30 years ago. And then there's the other end of the timeline - current time)
So ..... the MIB might be William.. this is good. this got me in my feelings. When the MIB said to Dolores many episodes ago "You really don't remember me"? Imagine if that's her former love William! turned black figuratively and metaphorically !

There's some great evidence for the timeline theory here.. The logo's being different is the best evidence. Also, I love how it was a big deal that William chose the white hat when he arrived - could be to show that he really was turned "evil/black" and is now the MIB. The MIB says he was born at the park in a way, and that seems to be what William is going through.... ... hmmm..

theory spoiler ^
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
spoiler

(William is the part of the timeline 30 years ago. And then there's the other end of the timeline - current time)
So ..... the MIB might be William.. this is good. this got me in my feelings. When the MIB said to Dolores many episodes ago "You really don't remember me"? Imagine if that's her former love William! turned black figuratively and metaphorically !

There's some great evidence for the timeline theory here.. The logo's being different is the best evidence. Also, I love how it was a big deal that William chose the white hat when he arrived - could be to show that he really was turned "evil/black" and is now the MIB. The MIB says he was born at the park in a way, and that seems to be what William is going through.... ... hmmm..

theory spoiler ^

I wish I didn't read/know about this. It's too good not to be true.
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject:

Here's something to blow your mind. What if Ford is the bad guy and the Man in Black is actually the good guy???
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
spoiler

theory spoiler ^

This theory has been the running one on Reddit probably by episode 2. Those people have literally picked htis apart. The Bernard/Android theory was already guessed at fairly early too.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject:

Mongo wrote:
Here's something to blow your mind. What if Ford is the bad guy and the Man in Black is actually the good guy???

After last episode, that's not a crazy idea anymore.

Btw, I'm super glad more people are popping up in this thread! Hope this show goes the way of Game of Thrones.

Its literally the only show currently on that deserves to be the int eh same conversation.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject:

Another thing that may go with the timeline theory is that those interviews we see of "Bernard" and Dolores may really have taken place 30 years ago, and then that wouldn't be Bernard, but Arnold.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

I'll try to dig it up but a redditor juxstaposed two quotes by William and MiB.

In episode 4 MiB said something to the effect of reading every page and there was one last page he wanted to read. In last night's episode 7, William told Dolores aobut his youth and how he spent it reading every book in sight. I probably butchered it but when it was put side to side it was very similar.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject:

^This one?

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/5cugag/the_selfreflection_from_william_on_the_train/
BuDdHaLlAh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/11/westworld-recap-bernard-robot-kills-theresa-episode-7-tromp-loeil
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
spoiler

theory spoiler ^

This theory has been the running one on Reddit probably by episode 2. Those people have literally picked htis apart. The Bernard/Android theory was already guessed at fairly early too.

Yea there's good evidence and counter evidence to it. I'm getting pretty obsessed with these theories and the show now, it's all so good. I didn't wana go down the theory route after Mr. Robot's reddit's horrible, fricking embarrassing theories. But these make sense.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
spoiler

theory spoiler ^

Yea there's good evidence and counter evidence to it. I'm getting pretty obsessed with these theories and the show now, it's all so good. I didn't wana go down the theory route after Mr. Robot's reddit's horrible, fricking embarrassing theories. But these make sense.

What's some counter stuff? You can just give me a link. I'm up for rabbit hole time.

@ K2 - That's not the exact reddit thread regarding the "pages" quote. The one I'm thinking of had two images with the exact quote in each of them (1 from Williams, 1 from MiB) juxtaposed. In any event, it's the same thing so you get the idea.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Man I can't remember/didn't upvote the thread I saw it in. damn. But one of the counter points is that this white guy who oversees the map https://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/image/1809841/size/tmg-default_lq.jpg is apparently in both timeframes, and also the technology is similar in timeframes . But they could just be filming the timeframes deceptively, like out of order scenes..
I think I found this discussion in the thread where William and the MIB's faces morph into eacother
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Westworld is an amazing show - new insta-obsession!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
spoiler

theory spoiler ^

I wish I didn't read/know about this. It's too good not to be true.

right. It's almost like damn, the show is all figured out now..lol, but I like the twist/theory so I'm ok with knowing. I like viewing the show through this two timeframe prism
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject:

@johnnybravo

one big hole in the theory is that the hosts look the exact same supposedly 30 years in the past -- when there has been mention by Ford of them having more mechanical builds in the past..

some more counter evidence
https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/5d6hel/will_transforms/da2od1l/
https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/5d6hel/will_transforms/da2i4cr/
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@johnnybravo

one big hole in the theory is that the hosts look the exact same supposedly 30 years in the past -- when there has been mention by Ford of them having more mechanical builds in the past..

Perhaps but mechanical could just imply the interior. Wasn't the family in that cottage (the one that was a facsimile of Ford's childhood) early models? We see the son open up his skull and it was ebony T1000 looking skeleton versus the way the new androids are weaved. I don't think the androids outer appearance is a tell either way.

I'll put up a screen grab I just did:

https://postimg.org/image/uf39xpeg1/

*edit* Just looked at those links. Going to have to re-watch those scenes.

Head spinning...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@johnnybravo

Perhaps but mechanical could just imply the interior. Wasn't the family in that cottage (the one that was a facsimile of Ford's childhood) early models? We see the son open up his skull and it was ebony T1000 looking skeleton versus the way the new androids are weaved. I don't think the androids outer appearance is a tell either way.

I'll put up a screen grab I just did:

https://postimg.org/image/uf39xpeg1/

*edit* Just looked at those links. Going to have to re-watch those scenes.

Head spinning...

ahhh good point, touche..

But yea, we're in limbo here as the audiance...wth is going on
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8
Jump to: