rotation?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: rotation?

with the roster all but set, who do you guys want to see start?

what rotations would you like to see?

what kind of units would you like to be used?

3pt line-up?

defensive line-up?

push the tempo line-up?
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject:

kobe off the bench? #bait
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject:

Hopefully we get Javale McGee for Hill by mid-season. I'm not the biggest fan of Hill since he's not getting enough defensive rebounds for my liking. (he's a beast on the offensive boards though)

I think we can work with Javale as an athletic 7-footer on the same team with Kobe, Nash and Lin. I really wish we'd get Marion so we'd have a team like this.

Nash/Lin/Clarkson
Bryant/Henry
Marion/Young/Johnson
Boozer/Randle
McGee/Davis

That team would have enough offensive fire-power, size and defense to win a championship.
--
Albeit this, I just want to have a rotation that will win games. We're undersized a C and SF. These are my 2 most important positions for size around Kobe.

Start

Nash
Kobe
Wes
Boozer
Davis

Bench/Tempo Pushers

Lin
X
Swag
30-Rock
Dreads

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."

Last edited by DShotMaker1824 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
cgambino123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

Idk who will be the starters from day 1.If Nash were completely healthy and played like he did 2 yrs ago, it would ideally be:

Nash
Kobe
Wes
Boozer
Hill

but considering Nash is not that player anymore and has higher risk of injury, combined with the fact that we're playing Houston in the opener followed with a back-to-back game, I say just roll with Lin and maintain consistency in the starting lineup.

I also think we can go small ball sometimes for a more uptempo pace and play Nash-Lin-Kobe-Randle-Hill or Lin-Kobe-Swaggy-Randle-Hill.

I like Clarkson, Henry, and Swaggy off the bench and I think Clarkson can come in right away and give a quality 8-10 minutes.

Defensively, I'd say our best lineup would be Lin-Kobe-Wes-Randle-Davis/Hill

Depending on the matchup, I wanna see this lineup closing it out:

Lin
Kobe
Swaggy
Boozer
Hill/Davis

or

Nash
Lin
Kobe
Randle
Hill/Davis

In terms of minute allocation, I'd say:

PG: Lin-26, Nash 19, Clarkson-3
SG: Kobe 30, Swaggy-10, Lin-4, Clarkson-4
SF: Wes- 17, Swaggy-18, Kobe-3
PF: Boozer-22, Randle 26
C: Hill-26, Davis-16, Boozer-6

No one plays above 33 minutes per game and we are healthy come end of the year/playoff time (if we make it in).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Hopefully we get Javale McGee for Hill by mid-season. I'm not the biggest fan of Hill since he's not getting enough defensive rebounds for my liking. (he's a beast on the offensive boards though)

I think we can work with Javale as an athletic 7-footer on the same team with Kobe, Nash and Lin. I really wish we'd get Marion so we'd have a team like this.

Nash/Lin/Clarkson
Bryant/Henry
Marion/Young/Johnson
Boozer/Randle
McGee/Davis

That team would have enough offensive fire-power, size and defense to win a championship.

Hill has a de facto no trade clause. If Denver doesn't guarantee his 2nd year, he could say no.
stewjoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: rotation?

gus26 wrote:
with the roster all but set, who do you guys want to see start?

what rotations would you like to see?

what kind of units would you like to be used?

3pt line-up?

defensive line-up?

push the tempo line-up?

Lin 28 min, Nash 18, Clarkson 8
Kobe 34 min, Henry 16
Johnson 12, Young 26
Boozer 22, Randle 24 Kelly 8
Hill 24, Davis 20

I actually think Nash and Kobe would work together better than Lin and Kobe (since Nash is a better spot up shooter). Lin working with two of Henry/Johnson/Clarkson, plus Kelly and Davis would be a lineup I would like to see in the second unit. Some ability to get out and run off of a Davis rebound.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:

Nash/Lin/Clarkson
Bryant/Henry
Marion/Young/Johnson
Boozer/Randle
McGee/Davis

Hill has a de facto no trade clause. If Denver doesn't guarantee his 2nd year, he could say no.

Can we guarantee it then trade him? Along with one of Houston's picks. (Don't see much from them)

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Lin, 65% (of available minutes at position); Nash 25%; Clarkson 10%
Kobe, 66%; X 30%; Clarkson 4%
Johnson 35%; Young 55%; Randle 15%
Boozer 35%; Randle 35%; Kelly 30%
Hill 40%; Davis 35%; Kelly 15%; Boozer 10%.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:

Nash/Lin/Clarkson
Bryant/Henry
Marion/Young/Johnson
Boozer/Randle
McGee/Davis

Can we guarantee it then trade him? Along with one of Houston's picks. (Don't see much from them)

But why would Denver? If anything, they'd consider it to clear cap space. But 7 foot shot blockers, even one's with low BBALL IQ but high athleticism don't exactly grow on trees. I doubt we see McGee in a Lakers uniform. I think we learned from the Kwame experiment about low BBALL IQ bigs.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:

Nash/Lin/Clarkson
Bryant/Henry
Marion/Young/Johnson
Boozer/Randle
McGee/Davis

But why would Denver? If anything, they'd consider it to clear cap space. But 7 foot shot blockers, even one's with low BBALL IQ but high athleticism don't exactly grow on trees. I doubt we see McGee in a Lakers uniform. I think we learned from the Kwame experiment about low BBALL IQ bigs.

Kwame never dunked 2 basketballs at the same time. Kwame never had Javale's hands, speed and leaping ability.
Also Hill is a trade-able piece for another team like Denver to package for a "star" like Rondo or Deron Williams. I think if Mitch wants to, Mitch would get it done.

I think we need a guy who can play 35+ minutes at C also.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:

Nash/Lin/Clarkson
Bryant/Henry
Marion/Young/Johnson
Boozer/Randle
McGee/Davis

Kwame never dunked 2 basketballs at the same time. Kwame never had Javale's hands, speed and leaping ability.
Also Hill is a trade-able piece for another team like Denver to package for a "star" like Rondo or Deron Williams. I think if Mitch wants to, Mitch would get it done.

No doubt McGee is athletic as hell, I've conceded that. But he's not a smart basketball player by any means. He has one of the lowest bball IQs for centers in the NBA.

That being said, I see no reason for Denver to take Hill on basically a 2 year $9m deal (which is what Hill would insist to ok the trade).

McGee has only averaged 20 mpg his career. Not a 35mpg center at all.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:

Nash/Lin/Clarkson
Bryant/Henry
Marion/Young/Johnson
Boozer/Randle
McGee/Davis

No doubt McGee is athletic as hell, I've conceded that. But he's not a smart basketball player by any means. He has one of the lowest bball IQs for centers in the NBA.

That being said, I see no reason for Denver to take Hill on basically a 2 year $9m deal (which is what Hill would insist to ok the trade).

McGee has only averaged 20 mpg his career. Not a 35mpg center at all.

Agree, with everything you're saying, Javale is Shaqtin's MVP for a reason. But If Hill and Denver agrees, I would take the chance on him knowing that I have Kobe and Nash on my team. I'll play him 35+ because of age.

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject:

McGee is a piece of the puzzle not really a reliable starter. He has a bad combination of low IQ, struggles with asthma and coming off a stress fracture to his tibia. Amazing athleticism and good defender when he gets to the right spot.

Not likely to trade him but Denver possibly would be interested in a trade due to his contract $11M for a couple more years. Mixed reviews from Shaw and management on his long term potential.

Another intriguing player would be the SF Wilson Chandler. Similar contract and unmet expectations issues. Trading for both of them would solve a couple of issues with the Lakers.

As it looks now. My rotations would be:

Starters- Lin, Kobe, Johnson, Randle, Hill

2nd unit- Nash, Young, Henry, Boozer, Davis

Defensive (have to have a stop)- Henry or Clarkson, Kobe, Johnson, Hill, Davis
jjww28
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson will play spot mins unless injures occur for 1st half of the season.

Randle will play less than 20 mins per game because Lakers are not tanking.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: